• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Who the hell controls Canton?

Also, Trade buildings (Bi-Annual Fairs, Seasonal Fairs, Bazaars, etc) increase marginally the price of your trade goods, stabilitiy and your population growth while slightly decreasing taxes. At their higher levels they give % increases to your Trade and Production Efficiency. Also, if you spam them, your merchant faction starts to like you a lot more and your noble/bureaucrat factions like you less.
You start getting nasty events in provinces which don't contain at least previous available level trade building, or don't border one which does. So if your tech allows to build Seasonal Markets, you need each of your provinces to at least border one with at least Bi-Annual Fair.

1-59.gif
That's the most awsome map ever. How'd you make it? I'd like to make my own.

Regarding the game: I'd probably ally myself with Crimea to help against Russia or the Ottomans, and take some land from the Uzbeks (such as the north coast of the Aral Sea).

Victoria continuation? I would certainly love to see the mongol Nogais raiding Europe on their steam powered iron horses :p .

You're actually in a pretty good position all things considered. Russia is mostly contained and you have a very strong Lithuania and Denmark on their opposite border keeping them there indefinitely. The Ottomans seem to be content to rule their historical lands and don't seem, at the moment, to have any designs on you. And you've got all the opportunity in the world to expand east and south. I'd personally make it an end-game goal to have the Caspian and Aral seas be Nogai-exclusive lakes.

You're actually in a pretty good position all things considered. Russia is mostly contained and you have a very strong Lithuania and Denmark on their opposite border keeping them there indefinitely. The Ottomans seem to be content to rule their historical lands and don't seem, at the moment, to have any designs on you. And you've got all the opportunity in the world to expand east and south. I'd personally make it an end-game goal to have the Caspian and Aral seas be Nogai-exclusive lakes.
Yeah, I guess the question becomes what are Nogai's goals? Unite the Steppefolk and force them all the settle down and use that as a staging point for more conquest? That's where I'd start.

Yeah, I guess the question becomes what are Nogai's goals? Unite the Steppefolk and force them all the settle down and use that as a staging point for more conquest? That's where I'd start.

Unite all of the steppe and take russia's place in history. That would be really cool imho.

Or you could form the 2nd Mongol Empire. Then later after WW1 when you fall you can develop some superiority complex and anschluss Uzbekistan and form the 3rd Mongol Empire :).

I say keep "Nogai" as a name. It's perfectly fine to be creating new composite national identities on the steppe even at this late date.

But if you modded yourself in some kind of union event that let you make best use of the conquered territory I'd completely understand.

It was very fun to read indeed, and of course the map is eye-candy, that looks realistic as a further bonus. I especially liked what you did to the northern parts, how the borders gradually fade away into Terra Incognita. By the way, what happened to Portugal?

@thrashing mad

Please don't abandon this AAR, it's one of the best AARs ever IMHO.

The visual presentation in this AAR is excellent - the maps in particular are quite fancy and I get the feeling it takes quite a while to put them together.

Magnificent AAR!

Ironically, if the AI were good enough to pick up on it, the Russians might want to consider an alliance with either Sweden or the Ottomans. Not very historical, but good balances against the Poles and Lithuanians.

How did Khurasan grow to be so big -- does it start big in this mod?

Rensslaer