Stellaris to be First Ever Grand Strategy Game to Land on Consoles

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I don't know what our official line of communication is regarding this, but we thought of this and acted accordingly. Marketing can clarify if they want.

Well good luck with that. Especially considering that I am myself would be at a loss if I were to try market this.

I only spoke up because I don't want people to experience the drastic change like I did.

I think our concern were geared more toward the drastic change going from 3 FTL type to a single FTL and all corresponding change that came with 2.0 was not as well received. By that I meant Stellaris overall review rate on Steam went from 91% down to 76% overall with 62% recent overall rate.

If you are not going to be upfront about dropping 3 FTL mode the console crowd might just avoid it like the plague. Just saying.

Half of this drop if not more comes from the Chinese localization issue.

Nice try to use it against the FTL rework

Last edited:
Half of this drop if it more comes Chinese localization issue.

Nice try to use it against the FTL rework

It was already below 50% before the Chinese Localization storm hit the fan. Chinese Localization did push it to lower amount, I believe it went low as 40% but could be wrong, before finally rebound and still is a steady 62% for last 3 months as of today. Which tell me that Chinese Localization was a separate issue and not a major factor in the declining review %. After all how could it be 50% of the February - April negative rate when it wasn't on anybody radar? Especially among those who didn't speak Chinese?

I just checked google with the phrase "Chinese Localization Stellaris" and it shows that most reddit/stellaris show up roughly about April/May. While 2.0 patch drop *I should know as it is in my signature* on February 22 a whole 3 month before that particular Chinese Localization storm. Even if the issue were well known back then why are the England still negative? Your logic made no sense either way due to fallacies.

Now enough about that issue.

It was already below 50% before the Chinese Localization storm hit the fan. Chinese Localization did push it to lower amount, I believe it went low as 40% but could be wrong, before finally rebound and still is a steady 62% for last 3 months as of today. Which tell me that Chinese Localization was a separate issue and not a major factor in the declining review %. After all how could it be 50% of the February - April negative rate when it wasn't on anybody radar? Especially among those who didn't speak Chinese?

I just checked google with the phrase "Chinese Localization Stellaris" and it shows that most reddit/stellaris show up roughly about April/May. While 2.0 patch drop *I should know as it is in my signature* on February 22 a whole 3 month before that particular Chinese Localization storm. Even if the issue were well known back then why are the England still negative? Your logic made no sense either way due to fallacies.

Now enough about that issue.

Check the current negative review, majority are from Chinese...

If you bring that topic in with FTL rework issue, let us have the facts straightr at least ;)

Last edited:
Check the current negative review, majority are from Chinese...

If you bring that topic in with FTL rework issue, let us have the facts atrastra at least ;)

Review of Stellaris are mostly English as you can see by my language preference on Steam's website page.

Stellaris Rate Screenshot.png

20,345 English review out of 36172 all language put together. Which comes up to 56.2% English vs rest of the language.

You can tell it is Stellaris game because that is in the URL. Check for yourself and stop spread false info.

Here we go, the end of Paradox as we know it. Sad.
Grand Strategy is kill.

Review of Stellaris are mostly English as you can see by my language preference on Steam's website page.

View attachment 398722

20,345 English review out of 36172 all language put together. Which comes up to 56.2% English vs rest of the language.

You can tell it is Stellaris game because that is in the URL. Check for yourself and stop spread false info.

Ok Dnote asked for it to stop. People can read themselves anyway and figure it out.

Looking forward to see how the UI will look like for console out of pure curiosity

When the games catch on, consoles will shift to be the main focus of development. Features that could only work on pc will be disregarded and everything will be made with consoles in mind.
Exactly. Consoles have done terrible harm to gaming

There have been other developers who swore that they'd remember their PC roots and make PC games. But eventually their games became simplified and dumbed down

This is crazy. With current UI it would be impossible to play on console. Creating special UI for it?

Can anybody remember any decent PC RTS port to consoles? I cannot. They have their own, but usually different from PC.
But i can remember how attempt to make a Supreme Commander for consoles killed the whole series.

And why they think Console players are interested in it?

Consoles started my love of strategy and war games with Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

That was unexpected, but is most definitely an interesting move. From what the screenshots show, it seems they made sure that it would work without too much problem.
We have to see how it'll actually be once it comes out of course, but for now I'm confident.

This is not the place for review discussions. Take them elsewhere folks.