Stellaris Q&A today at 3pm CEST

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So questions like this one were asked multiple times on the stream, but I don't think this particular variation was asked.

So we know that non-machine pops cannot survive in a machine empire, and vice versa. Like biological hiveminds, they can either be displaced or they can die. However, what if ascended Synths are conquered by a machine empire, or vice versa? Is it a little different, since they are now machines themselves, or will they still only be able to die or move away?

Another question: I noticed on the stream that the Ixidar Star Collective appeared as a hive mind. Is that a change that's going to happen to the default empire going forward, or was that a one-time sheer coincidence? Because I've always thought the Ixidar should have been a hive mind, but they've never really been able to be until quite recently.

Can you explain the thought behind the sorting of the Outliner? Why are we not allowed to drag-and-drop entries to sort entries, and are there any plans to change that in the future?

3. Mega Defensestation
I read that as "Mega Defenestration," and suddenly desired a Death-star like weapon that, when shot at a planet, would cause everyone to fly out the nearest window.

I read that as "Mega Defenestration," and suddenly desired a Death-star like weapon that, when shot at a planet, would cause everyone to fly out the nearest window.

So what would happen to the people who were outside? Would they be sucked into the nearest window and then immediately be ejected right back out? Also, who the heck needed such a big word for such a specific action that they said to themselves "defenestration is so much easier than saying threw out of a window"??

So what would happen to the people who were outside? Would they be sucked into the nearest window and then immediately be ejected right back out? Also, who the heck needed such a big word for such a specific action that they said to themselves "defenestration is so much easier than saying threw out of a window"??
except its 5 syllables compare to 6 so is actually faster to speak.... also like many things that have a technical name and a more common one... just look at out species labels. Also for things like cause of death and such on forms one word technical words or abbreviations.

If you want something that will drive you nuts. world wide web is faster to say than www for a web address but we dont say that.

So with this new space feudalism. Would we be able to have some deeper interaction with vassals? Like setting taxes/levies, demanding government and ethics changes, policy changes and the like?

So what would happen to the people who were outside? Would they be sucked into the nearest window and then immediately be ejected right back out?
You know, you're right. That's a nonsensical weapon. Instead, you build a giant window in orbit that you use the laser to throw the whole planet through.
Also, who the heck needed such a big word for such a specific action that they said to themselves "defenestration is so much easier than saying threw out of a window"??
A German who you didn't want to stand next to while on the second story or higher.

How many robot portraits will be included in the new story pack, synthetic dawn?

Any plans for more species packs? specifically things missing from the current game like piscoids or prehistoric animal portraits.

Why no slavery version of Grid Alagmiation for some synthetic empires?

Are more traits that add a second species like mechanist/syncretic evolution coming soon, and is the ability to mod that second portrait do-able?

Any idea if the next DLC will be another story pack, a species pack, or a full blown expansion?

What will 1.9 focus on?

Can you explain the thought behind the sorting of the Outliner? Why are we not allowed to drag-and-drop entries to sort entries, and are there any plans to change that in the future?

Why not:)
Would make a nice start for the 300 Year War between the Spiritual League and the Materialist Compact :)

How will materialist Fallen Empires react to AI empires? Since I believe there is a chance for materialist FEs to intervene and threaten war when a materialist (non-FE) empire is researching sentient AI tech, I would have thought they would just want to obliterate any AI empire as soon as it emerges, before it has a chance to gain a foothold.

@Dnote I cant find the VODs on either on the youtube channel or on twitch. I can only see a Battletech video from yesterday but no QA session about Stellaris. Please may this noob get a direct link to the video on either site to watch it?

EDIT: Never mind, the twitch video contains it, I only checked the youtube VOD

Will machine empires have an increased core sector limit? Doesn´t really make sense for a huge AI to be incapable of managing lots of star systems at once. Or may this be explained by some kind of efficiency thing, e.g. reducing the work load for the main AI?

@Dnote I cant find the VODs on either on the youtube channel or on twitch. I can only see a Battletech video from yesterday but no QA session about Stellaris. Please may this noob get a direct link to the video on either site to watch it?

EDIT: Never mind, the twitch video contains it, I only checked the youtube VOD

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/168909871 <- jump to 1h 06m 10s mark and it will be Stellaris.

How will materialist Fallen Empires react to AI empires? Since I believe there is a chance for materialist FEs to intervene and threaten war when a materialist (non-FE) empire is researching sentient AI tech, I would have thought they would just want to obliterate any AI empire as soon as it emerges, before it has a chance to gain a foothold.

Materialist FE was changed so that now they are fans of the AI. On other hand, spiritualist FE has become skeptical of AI.

Materialist FE was changed so that now they are fans of the AI. On other hand, spiritualist FE has become skeptical of AI.
Oh, you can tell I haven't played in a while! That's a shame, I liked the fact that they were against it, it gave a great sense of story as you knew they must have made the same mistake once and only just survived.

Oh, you can tell I haven't played in a while! That's a shame, I liked the fact that they were against it, it gave a great sense of story as you knew they must have made the same mistake once and only just survived.

It's coming with the next update actually.
But yeah, I'll miss robophobic Materialists. Now Materialists are all some fanboys of Synths who think even children toys should have human rights.

What is the Ascendency path for Machine Conciousness?

They don't have any as they are unique enough. They do have two Ascension Perks though, one of which allows you to create Machine Planets.

Can normal civs get the two new "robot" oriented ascensions which give you more robot parts and which give you machine worlds? I think it would be fun if you could get these as Mechanist or Synth Ascended empires.

It's coming with the next update actually.
But yeah, I'll miss robophobic Materialists. Now Materialists are all some fanboys of Synths who think even children toys should have human rights.

They don't have any as they are unique enough. They do have two Ascension Perks though, one of which allows you to create Machine Planets.
Shouldnt they turn into Synths though?