Stellaris Q&A today at 3pm CEST

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nice stream:
-one smiling women that dont know what she cover/play during previous streams
-one man that dont know what he can show/talk becouse his boss dont rly tell him that

The Determined Exterminators do not get a bonus, for example energy, on the completion of a purge (like society points for Devouring Swarms for example)?

Energy.PNG

Scrapping "pick one method of FTL" when?

As a general statement, have you tested the impact of considerably stratifying ship templates in terms of available slots so that a corvette would be outclassed in terms of total potential energy by a single battleship slot by x32 instead of the current balance?

Will we ever get different types/more varied experiences of machine "intelligence" or "hive minds"?

"Mind types".
Have the mind be a child/single entity and refer to the species as "I/Me/My", referring to individuals as "limbs/hands".
Spiritualist Hives and Machines. A machine may believe it gained consciousness through divine intervention.(Cylons have a religion, for example) Similarly a hive mind may believe that others are fractured and are not god's favoured.

"Hive Types"
An in between of Hive and Individuals. Each individual is born with mindless "base forms" that are directly controlled by the individual. The species will act like any other, but may get a bonus to production in exchange for negative relations/influence etc.

My point is simple. Hive minds and such seem to be heavily restricted for no good reason. A child like hive mind may decide to act like an egalitarian, because all his/her individual bodies are like ken dolls in a doll house. Is there a good reason for it? Not really, but maybe get a relation bonus and adds to rollplay/enjoyment in the game. Conversely, it could be militarist, seeing the galaxy like a giant RTS game. I don't see any reason why this shouldn't be a part of this game.

Will we ever get silicoid/crystalline races for us to play? I understand if it'll be in the future but just wondering.

Will there be plans for us to stop Primitive civilizations from nuking themselves that don't involve invading them or infiltration? Because it's a pain that fanatic Xenophile and fanatic pacifist empires can't intervene!

Will portraits ever have powered armor outfits!? I want battlesuits for my space foxes!

Are there plans for us to breed space monsters like the void clouds?

What do you plan on doing to upgrade and enhance diplomacy as well as implement espionage features into the game?

I hope I didn't miss my chance to ask these questions!

Will we see future ascension paths similar to the Psionic, Robotic, Genetic Evolution tracks? Also will we see more story elements involving the Genetic Evolution ascension path? It seems a bit lacking in comparison to the others minus the mass stat gains.

What has changed in the QA process since the last patches and expansions?

Nothing has changed to the process because it wasn't broken. However, we're giving 1.7 remains in development and testing, along with the data being gathered from the public Beta, 1.8 has a slightly longer post-production phase so we can spend a little more time on bug fixing and polish and as some people might have noticed, Wiz opted to stay in the office this week to work on the game rather than talk to journalists or live stream at Gamescom.

We're dedicated to ensuring that going forward we make best effort to deliver the gaming experiences you expect of us, and to exceed where possible.

Nothing has changed to the process because it wasn't broken. However, we're giving 1.7 remains in development and testing, along with the data being gathered from the public Beta, 1.8 has a slightly longer post-production phase so we can spend a little more time on bug fixing and polish and as some people might have noticed, Wiz opted to stay in the office this week to work on the game rather than talk to journalists or live stream at Gamescom.

We're dedicated to ensuring that going forward we make best effort to deliver the gaming experiences you expect of us, and to exceed where possible.

Does that mean that a 1.7 will eventually come out, or will all be merged for 1.8?

Wait, are you seriously saying nothing is broken in your process after 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7 all released with major game breaking issues. I didn't think my expectations could get any lower but here we are.

Not with the QA process, there were other issues and we've changed the relevant things since then to theoretically improve the situation going forward.

If you want to point fingers and lay blame, as Product Manager, I'm ultimately the one that is accountable at the end of the day.

If you want to point fingers and lay blame, as Product Manager, I'm ultimately the one that is accountable at the end of the day.

I wasn't laying blame with anyone except Paradox as a whole. That said I did miss that your post was specifically referencing QA. Good to know that changes were made where necessary. Thank you.