Stellaris Q&A today at 3pm CEST

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Three questions, you may pick any to answer.

What is the Mammalian portrait of Massive #15 based on? I've heard some people call it a squirrel, others a dog, and others a wombat.

Are you guys considering doing aquatic-style races? Eg. Fish, shark, octopus people?

Would you guys consider doing different breeding types in future? Eg. Something like races that reproduce through spores, or like how cells divide to create more of themselves?

If I start as a machine empire that has overthrown its organic oppressors, will those same oppressors occasionally flee in a number of colony ships accompanied by the sole remaining organic battleship?

What tasks can Spiritualist FEs give in 1.8? And since the Materialist FE no longer hates AI, what tasks will they offer to younger races?

1. Do we need any other dlc than Synthetic Dawn to acces some of Synthetic Dawn's content? Like, you need to pick an ascension perk for Machine Worlds. Does that mean that we also need Utopia to get Machine Worlds as a Machine Empire?

2. Will Machine Empires get any special interactions with normal empires? Like, Rogue Servitors offering to take any organic pop that wants to live with them? Or a Materialist empire that creates a virus to sabotage a Machine Empire?

3. Will there be an opposite to the Determined Exterminator civic? Like, an empire that hates all robots, but loves organics?

4. Is there any way to get machine pops in your empire? Like how you can genemod a hivemind pop to become non-hivemined?

5. Is it possible that new machine portraits could be added in later updates?

6. Maybe a stupid question, but are machine portraits exclusive for machine empires? Like, if my snails build robots, will they still look humanoid or more snail-y? Can we also use any machine portrait for when we choose synthetic ascension? Or are we still limited to the humanoid one?

7. Will Machine Empires be able to create Federations? Or will they have to wait untill organics create one, and ask to join?

This stream will also be posted on Youtube, right?

Last edited:
Will we get an auto upgrade feature with Syntethic Dawn, or ever?

Since there are no buildings that produce influence but there are buildings that produce unity, shouldn't it be unity output displayed on the planet overview screens and not influence output?

Are there plans for additional Megastructures?
1. A Mega Wormhole Generator or such
2. A Mega Shipyard
3. Mega Defensestation

Three questions:

1) Will there now be machine refugees from nations that have defeated AI rebellions?

2) Will we be getting a fleet macrobuilder, so we don't have to build every ship individually at every planet?

3) Will we eventually get an update named after Philip K. Dick?

How robomodding will influence the synthetic ascension? Will we be able to choose a template for the new specie or we'll have to make one once the special project is finished?

Some questions from me and my friend:
  • Any changes to Federations coming up? At the moment it's an underused feature in my opinion and I would love to see it more expanded. For example having 'vote power' (stronger empires have a stronger vote), having a taxation outside the influence (Empires have to pay a minerals % of their production). This to build up the federation fleet.
  • Trade routes/Expansion to trading?

Only question I have is: Now that we have some highly specialized government civics (Fanatical Purifiers, Inward Perfection, Devouring Swarm), are there any plans to look at other current types (Mega Corporations seems to be the popular request as of late) or even ideas on creating new ones?

Since it is an expansion that focuses on AI one way or the other, can we expect a major overhaul of the actual AI that controles empires? That's currently my main problem with the game - it is simply not challenging. AI builds too many ships far above its naval capacity without making actual use of them, colonising and conquering far too slowly to be any competition with a human player even on hard difficulty with high aggression setting. You can just make a few defensive pacts for safety and spam colonies until you have outgrown any AI.

The RoboEmpire will be born at the beginning with the same probability as ordinary(organic) empires?

Do you think it would not be better if they were rarer to find at the beginning, and easier as a result of rebellion? It would increase the value of having a robotic empire