• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
An update is long overdue, sooooo...

WAR IN THE SOUTH

Record of court proceedings on the 8th day of the 4th month of the year of the Tahuantinsuyo Empire 290 under the reign of Sapa Inka Pachacutec I. Court Scribe Deyoquett, recorder.

ATTENDANT: Sapa Inka, there is a chasqui here from the Second Southern Guard.

PACHACUTEC: Let him in. Deyoquett, where are the Second Southern again?

DEYOQUETT: South of our borders, in the regions only marginally explored by Huayna Capac Marcavilca, Sapa Inka. Xeres, I believe the name is.

PACHACUTEC: Ah, yes, that's right. What tidings do you bear word of, chasqui?

CHASQUI: Son of Inti, I bear news of a state of war that exists beneath our borders. While exploring the Xeres region, we were ambushed by fierce heathen warriors. Thus reports your general, Quitec Onolapec II: Upon exiting our lands, we immediately noticed movement in the brush around us. For days, the source could not be found or identified, and it was assumed that some form of small beast was running from us. However, upon the second day of voyaging, we captured a native, the source of the rustling. He yelled in a strange tongue, and dozens of natives ambushed us. We slew them easily, but the deeper into the jungle we travelled, the more natives swarmed upon us at every turn. We estimate around 5000 total confronted us, and around 600 were slain. They, in turn, slew over 150 of our 2000 men. When we reached the boundaries of Marcavilca's charts, we turned back as planned, and the natives, subdued, allowed us to exit their land in peace.

PACHACUTEC: Then the "war" as you termed it, is over? Hardly a war by the standards of the unification.

CHASQUI: I am not finished, Sapa Inka.

ATTENDANT: Do not address the Son of Inti in such contempt, chasqui!

CHASQUI: Begging your pardon, Sapa Inka. The message continues: As we returned from these lands, a lone Xeresian approached us. He shouted to us in very crude Quecha- "You may travel our lands, but never own them. You may slay us, but never defeat us. For you worship weak gods, and your Inti is but a feeble spirit. Our gods, strong and powerful, shall crush yours, and our warriors shall defeat your armies, and conquer your lands, and steal your women and your riches." Of course, as soon as we had regrouped, we returned to this land. We again were confronted by thousands of natives. This time, I am ashamed to admit, their forces overwhelmed us. As they cut through our lines, I called a retreat, lest they slay or route the entire guard. We took nearly 500 casualties, to their 700, in two battles before the retreat. I shall send a drawing of the native who insulted us, and ask for reinforcements, that we may track down and kill this blasphemer.

PACHACUTEC: Is THAT the end, chasqui?

CHASQUI: Yes, Sapa Inka.

PACHACUTEC: Good. You may return to your unit immediately. Attendant!

ATTENDANT: Yes, Sapa Inka?

PACHACUTEC: Dispatch two chasqui to the First Southern Guard in Moxos and the Coastal Guard in the new southern gold mines. Tell them to converge on this land- Xeres- described by the chasqui, in the southeastern corner of the known world. Tell them it is war, and send them copies of the drawing, that this man in particular may be sent, alive, to Cuzco. He shall recieve my personal... attention.

ATTENDANT: Immediately, Son of Inti. I do not envy the blasphemer at the moment.

290Native.jpg

Artist's rendition of the "arrogant Xeresian"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be continued...

Last edited:
Okay, I've been yelling at myself for not updating for weeks now. Problem is, ever since that bug forced me to do other things for a few months, I've lost interest in this AAR. I'm just going to call it quits here. This will be the last story post, and I'm going to abandon the "Court Proceedings" style for a simple report. Thanks everyone who has followed this. I really wish I could continue, but it would all be forced, and that doesn't make for good writing, nor is it fun for me.

I don't know what AAR I will move onto; probably wait for Rome, or at least until I get NA, as right now I'm rather bored with EU3 altogether. Then again, I have an excellent idea for a CK AAR; perhaps that will be the next step. In any case, it won't be for a while; learning from my mistakes, I will wait until I am done actually playing before I start writing.

Here's the final situation:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The colonization around S. America continued. H.C. Marcavilca was replaced after about 3 years, and the successor turned out to be even greater. He explored all of South America and Central America, as well as modern New Mexico, Arizona, and parts of Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, and Tennessee.

By 1818, colonization of the coast was finished, and we quickly filled in the interior in the north.

Our revenue per annum in 1822 was approx. 190 ducats; figuring in no minting (2 gold loss monthly) that's a balance of +166, not including colonization costs, etc. Our stability was +3.

Our military was somewhat underpowered, unable to keep up with the rapidly expanding borders. We had a total of 24 regiments, with a support limit of 49.

We only had techs in gov't (level 1 since 1480s) and land (level 1 since 1510s). We had fortresses in Cuzco and Quito.

Foreigners: We discovered the Mayas in the early 1490s, and soon had a RM with them, at +200 relations. Next we discovered Portuguese colonists in southern Brazil, before returning to the north. Our explorer went on a huge quest, moving from Choco (the colony establishing our northern land border with Panama) up through Central America, into Arizona, south to Baja California, returning through Arizona and heading into N. Mexico, Texas, and the southeastern US. There we discovered the Creek and Cherokee. The Creeks soon had 5 traders in Cuzco, Lisbon, and Mexico, a very strange and annoying thing as soon the Shawnee, Iroquois, Portuguese, and Bohemians (who still have no port; this doesn't make sense at all but it happened) split the rest of Cuzco, effectively keeping me out of my own CoT.

Anyways, later Europeans came in greater numbers. The Spanish had extensive colonies from Massachusetts south to S. Carolina, as well as a small one in Mosquito (Nicaragua) and most of the Caribbean. Meanwhile, Venice acquired two colonies to the north of Port.'s Brazilian one, and Austria got one to the north of these. Portugal then set up another colony to Austria's north, thus filling in all of Brazil not owned be the Incas.

A major colonial war between England and Spain led to Britain, from their lone colony in Delaware, siezing all of SPains colonies in the modern US, and the Caribbean, leaving just Trinidad and Mosquito in Spanish hands. Lithuania colonized Tiera del Fuego, a bizarre thing to see. I was really irritated by the Creeks stealing my CoT, and was planning (after I got a 3D,3A,8M monarch, I planned to make him a crazy warlike dictator) to take out the mutual Aztec-Zapotec-Maya alliance, who combined had about 12 regiments to match the 14 I planned to send. Then I would send colonies up to meet my new land there, and extend to the north of the (former) Aztec lands (now mine!) into Texas, while my armies recovered. Then I would send about 12,000 men along the Gulf Coast to take out those Creeks and their Cherokee allies.This would have led to the following Empire:

Goal.jpg

(Please don't sue me for using Encarta without permission, Microsoft. I don't taste good to lawyers, I promise. I'm quite stringy, in fact.)

That was the plan. Then the bug hit. My only working save now takes me back to 1505. When I had a crappy 3/3/3 monarch. And went to war with Portu-England just for the hell of it (now edited out). I tried playing some, but it's boring and frustrating. Oh well.

So that's the situation. Here are a few maps (these stolen from Nat'l Geographic. So don't sue me, Microsoft. Or NG, for that matter. ;) ) which show the status of the New World circa 1522 AD:

First a plain map, drawn off of the "load game" preview:

NGamericas-over.jpg

Note that the greenish stuff covering much of the map is natives, and the charcoal color is PTI.

Here's the same map, but with the stuff I haven't explored in-game blacked out:

NGamericas-overFOW.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

That just about wraps it up; thanks for reading this, and I'm sorry it had to end prematurely.

Till the next one,

Amob

EDIT: Wow, I just looked at the "planned conquests" map... how insanely powerful would that country be in HoI, containing so much Rubber, Oil, etc. Wish I could have played far enough to go Megacampaign with it, but sadly it didn't happen.

Great maps, and AAR. If I ever do an AAR I'll have plenty of such real maps too. Or Google Earth screenshots or something.

Edit: My god, is native American tech advancement that slow?!

rcduggan said:
Nooooo! :(:( Why Did You Stop????? :(

I just can't get myself into the game like I was before the bug. I don't know why, but playing and writing just isn't fun anymore.

jape said:
Shame, I just read through so far

I personally enjoyed it but obviously if your having no fun there's no point.

Thanks. I enjoyed playing the above stuff, it's just that when you A) can't play for a few months and B) when you can, much of what you'd already done is erased, it just loses, i dunno, immersion.

mannisks said:
Great maps, and AAR. If I ever do an AAR I'll have plenty of such real maps too. Or Google Earth screenshots or something.

Edit: My god, is native American tech advancement that slow?!

Thanks, I like making maps. They can take a lot of time, though, at least at first. For games when you want lots of maps, it's easiest to make a "base" map, using paint. Trace over a map from Encarta or Google Earth, and put it all white with black coastlines and red borders. This way, all you have to do to make a map is use the paint bucket; to make a new one a decade later, just draw new borders, paint over the old ones, and use the paint bucket again. For this AAR I never made a base map, so the ones I have took forever to make.

And yes, as a Native American you get very little tech. All I was investing in was gov't and land tech the whole way. I could have used the "Spend 200 to get 200 invested" feature to get techs earlier, though. But I am generally a cheap bastard (in-game and IRL too :) ) and like to horde my gold. So by the end my treaury was at about 4000, I believe.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, how's this for an idea for my next AAR: Ummayad Megacampaign.

I have a game in Medieval Lords as the Ummayads, beginning in 1028, with detailed notes and maps. I can convert it to EU3 with some work, as that game goes until 1520. I think I will convert at about 1480, so that the New World gets discovered at about the right time (or perhaps at 1490 and give the major naval powers, in my game that's Denmark, Saxony, and Tunisia at the moment, QftNW to start with. It could be a very interesting AAR, there are some great developments in that game, and fewer absurdities than in CK.

Right now I've played the first 110 years, so I'm in the 1230s. I won't start writing until I convert to EU3, so it could be a while. But what do you guys think about that as a premise for the next AAR?