• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
30-May36-Events.jpg

31-Ideological-Crusade.jpg

So you want to have Poland in your alliance?
That's unusual! even if you have a common ennemy (the Big Red Bear).

I just know how this is going to go :p

"Sir! The government of JAPAN has announced they have selected WHY BOTHER? in THE MARCO POLO BRIDGE INCIDENT"

"Sir! The government of JAPAN has announced they have selected WE WISH ONLY PEACE in THE ATTACK ON PEARL HARBOUR"

"Sir! The government of JAPAN has announced they have selected YEAH RIGHT
in JOINING THE AXIS?"

fastforward till 1945, Europe in ruins

"Sir! The government of JAPAN has announced they have selected TO ARMS!BANZAI! in JAPAN NOW POSSESSES NUCLEAR INTER BALLISTIC MISSILES"

Go Japan!

So you want to have Poland in your alliance?
That's unusual! even if you have a common ennemy (the Big Red Bear).

If Poland ready to join, why not invite them?
We have common values and Japan needs some allies in Europe.

I just know how this is going to go :p

"Sir! The government of JAPAN has announced they have selected WHY BOTHER? in THE MARCO POLO BRIDGE INCIDENT"

"Sir! The government of JAPAN has announced they have selected WE WISH ONLY PEACE in THE ATTACK ON PEARL HARBOUR"

"Sir! The government of JAPAN has announced they have selected YEAH RIGHT
in JOINING THE AXIS?"

fastforward till 1945, Europe in ruins

"Sir! The government of JAPAN has announced they have selected TO ARMS!BANZAI! in JAPAN NOW POSSESSES NUCLEAR INTER BALLISTIC MISSILES"

Go Japan!

Maybe yes, maybe no
I've not decided yet. It will depends on many factors.
But, I'm going to fight much sooner then 1945.

If Poland ready to join, why not invite them?
We have common values and Japan needs some allies in Europe.

Yes, why not after all.
They also can give you some fine Blueprints.

Researching a doctrine 6 years early.
Researching tanks.
Delaying tech from countries that shouldn't be in the war long enough to even use them.
Using tons of ic in supplies to get better relations with countries that serve no strategic importance.

:wacko:

Researching a doctrine 6 years early.
Researching tanks.
Delaying tech from countries that shouldn't be in the war long enough to even use them.
Using tons of ic in supplies to get better relations with countries that serve no strategic importance.

:wacko:

Beeline in Land Doctrine will bring technological breakthrough in 1940 instead of 1942. Moreover, Japan needs not much units techs for winning - infantry, artillery, ships. But doctrines will rise their efficiency significantly. So, don't see how much it will take, let see, how much it could bring.

Tanks just for waiting some time. Also tanks are good at islands attack/defence.

Delaying - just for flavour. It doesn't cost a lot. On the other hand, delaying big countries have a high price and little sense. Between us, I consider delaying techs as wasting money. But, if you know, 90% of HOI2 game features are just wasting money.

Supplies not only for relations, but for growing up domestic reserve.
Also, improved relations give you better price in the market. Also, one small ally means nothing, but if you have 5 jf them it's a great bonus - research, IC, army supply, TC load will be better.

For more classical and rational game and strategy you can see my PRAVDA VITEZY AAR. ))

That's true. Unlike Czechoslovakia, you actually have to go in and kill Poland off.

I am going to grow up Poland to Major Power in Europe )))

I have some variants, what to do with lack of supplies, but I'm ready to hear your suggestions.

Stop convoy auto-management, pull all garrisons back from the islands, re-route all your island supply depots to the home islands. Sounds tedious of course, it is, but its the standard procedure (in multiplayer for instance). Everything helps no matter how small the supply/resource contribution, when you're playing as Japan :)

maybe trade your supplies for American money, they give enough so that the autoslider won't freak out and you'll have enough of money income to stay positive with minimal consumer goods spending. America also gives good rare materials trades, better than Soviet Union.

Heh I also tried Japan in a game today, I went for the early conquest of USA, basically I upgraded units and produced NAVs in the first year, then in january 1937 I attacked USA and devastated their fleets with my TAC and NAV after I had fixed the enemy fleets in place with my carriers. Then I simply conquered enough islands to reach Los Angeles, I landed into the relatively empty East Coast, and worked my way west with the air support provided by my TACs. In 1939 january I gloriously annexed the perfidious Americans and puppeted them. Basically now I'm pretty short on IC at the moment (and I'm at peace) but I decided that holding on to the massive partisan levels in occupied USA wasn't worth it so I puppeted them, they will give useful technologies of course, even though their fleets were obliterated. I had to back down from the Marco Polo bridge, I remembered the parameters wrong, I thought that the event wouldn't even fire at all if I was at war during summer 1937, so I had to take some dissent and slider penalties from that. But I considered the price worth it, considering how I bagged the entire USN with the loss of a few TPs, one infantry division and few old cruisers, and gained a POWERFUL ally. :)

but sorry for my ramblings, I was just too excited to not post something of my own :D. Never really tried the early invasion of USA before. Of course it might even be easier with Mexico than Japan, with Japan you still have to sink the USN, with Mexico you can just walk in and capture.

Last edited:
Heh I also tried Japan in a game today, I went for the early conquest of USA, basically I upgraded units and produced NAVs in the first year, then in january 1937 I attacked USA and devastated their fleets with my TAC and NAV after I had fixed the enemy fleets in place with my carriers. Then I simply conquered enough islands to reach Los Angeles, I landed into the relatively empty East Coast, and worked my way west with the air support provided by my TACs. In 1939 january I gloriously annexed the perfidious Americans and puppeted them. Basically now I'm pretty short on IC at the moment (and I'm at peace) but I decided that holding on to the massive partisan levels in occupied USA wasn't worth it so I puppeted them, they will give useful technologies of course, even though their fleets were obliterated. I had to back down from the Marco Polo bridge, I remembered the parameters wrong, I thought that the event wouldn't even fire at all if I was at war during summer 1937, so I had to take some dissent and slider penalties from that. But I considered the price worth it, considering how I bagged the entire USN with the loss of a few TPs, one infantry division and few old cruisers, and gained a POWERFUL ally. :)

but sorry for my ramblings, I was just too excited to not post something of my own :D. Never really tried the early invasion of USA before. Of course it might even be easier with Mexico than Japan, with Japan you still have to sink the USN, with Mexico you can just walk in and capture.

Congratulations ))

But it's considered among players, that early invasion, Navs and powerful puppets are gamey tactics. Too easy and totally unhistorical. This is not a way I want to play this game )