• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
32-June36-Events.jpg

33-July36-Events.jpg

But why Poland? They will just get you into a war with Germany...unless that is what you want.

OK.
The reasons:

1. Poland wanted it. So, why not? ))
2. Japan builds its own union. So, it's not preferable to join Axis, Alliance or Commintern, because you will not become leader there, so no new allies, like Siam and Sinkiang.
3. Poland is good candidate for ally in Europe. A lot of infantry, god techs, good industry.
4. Look at Paternalism like at ideology. So, it's normal to cooperate. It's in the spirit of that time. Just 4th Power. Don't forget, it's a roleplay AAR too )
5. Even if Germany dow Poland, even if Germany crush Poland, Japan has no risks - Germany unable fight with Japan: no fleet, no sea bases.

As result, profits are obvious and risk is minimal.

I also think about war in Asia with European colonialists, and some allies in the Europe could be very useful.

once when playing as japan i also had poland as an ally. i went for the war with the ussr, and beside that and the spanish civil war, the rest of the world stayed quiet. germany got danzig, sudetenland and austria and never went to war, so i needed someone to keep the soviets busy and i allied poland and romania. and they did the trick :)

once when playing as japan i also had poland as an ally. i went for the war with the ussr, and beside that and the spanish civil war, the rest of the world stayed quiet. germany got danzig, sudetenland and austria and never went to war, so i needed someone to keep the soviets busy and i allied poland and romania. and they did the trick :)

Interesting!
Let's see what we'll get in my game )

34-Right-Moment.jpg

35-Siam-Puppet.jpg

Is an early war between Germany and Poland in the works? I mean, to get to the Netherlands...

I think, that early war with Germany is completely unhistorical.

Also, even if we agree with unhistorical way, war with Germany is risky. Poland alone could lose this war. Japan could help them only with blueprints, resources and supplies, not with Army and Fleet, because Europe is not in Japanese sphere of influence. Japanese landing in Europe could be a reason for all European countries to DoW Japan.

Moreover, the history shows, that all Majors at first try to conquer small countries around them. So, for Poland its Baltic states, Romania, Czechoslovakia.

Another reason, Poland conquered Germany could become very powerful. Japan needs allies, but those, that will depend on Japan.

One more reason, Germany(and Axis) still is the most ideological close to Japan. And their interests partially coincide with ours - struggle against UK hegemony, stopping communists. So, in some variants, Japan will profit even if sacrifice Poland to Germany.

Anyway, fighting with UK, France, Netherlands is more logical both from strategical and from historical point of view.

Do you have some counter-arguments? )

36-Imperial-Navy-Review.jpg

Well the NEI are a nice target, go for it!
Plenty of ressources, nice air and naval bases, there.

37-DEI-Operation-Plan.jpg

38-Fleet-Organization.jpg

Do you have some counter-arguments? )

"If we will lucky, Poland will get Continental Netherlands."

With an arrow going right through Germany, I interpreted it as meaning an early war. How else will Poland get Continental Netherlands if not through Germany?

"If we will lucky, Poland will get Continental Netherlands."

With an arrow going right through Germany, I interpreted it as meaning an early war. How else will Poland get Continental Netherlands if not through Germany?

Poland has port.
Though, it has no transports.

39-August%2736-Events.jpg