• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I too am interested in the spoils you will take from England. Just so long as they do not become headaches.

Grundius said:
Great work defeating the English again. Nice to see the Netherlands under one banner. Once you become NL, then you should move the capital to Holland ;).

Cheers, theres still Friesland to go though. NL hmmm, see there isnt any evenst for this in Vanilla...though I am considering releasing NL as vassal, then savings, then continue with them (they will inherit Gelre straight away I believe), I think Holland becomes the capital anyway, not sure...

stnylan said:
I too am interested in the spoils you will take from England. Just so long as they do not become headaches.

No headaches, this relaxing game, no BB war, no nonsense...just sense and sensibility.

Dutch5.jpg

Your style to tell this aar through those pics are entertaining.You must have spent lots of time with editing them?

My my, what a lot of wars you've been fighting. Why am I not surprised? ;) :D

I can't figure out how you can be brave enough to take on the Spanish. Especially when you are still at war with the English. Those troop costs must be skyrocketing when you've got them all spread out like that. I also must ask, how do you do when you siege a province? I see that you have 1 troop in each province and yet they are all conquered by you. Whenever I play a game I always need a minimum of 4 or 5 troops to even have the metre that shows the progress of the siege exist. If I have too few men nothing happens, even though I press the troop and hovers the mouse over the burning city it always says 12 months but nothing happens. Not until I add more troops. You however have the whole of England with just a few armies. Tell me your secret! :) Any case, nice going with England there. Let's just hope you survive down on the Iberian penisula and take care of those upstart one-province nations right next to your own border.

Now thats perfect looting :D

Good job, I guess the eglish are a perfect source of income for you, aren't they?

Edit: I forgot, Actually I took my name because I couldn't think of any good nicks when a friedn asked me to write in a guest book, so I named myself Iche, which means .. well "Ie" I thnik there is no translation for it. Iche_Bins, which basicly means "It's me-e" I take when Iche is allready taken or to short

Last edited:
Gelderland rules !!!

It is clear that those 'Run, run the Gelrians are coming' English and the 'I surrender' Iberians are no match for us.

EvilSanta said:
Your style to tell this aar through those pics are entertaining.You must have spent lots of time with editing them?

Thanks, its does take alittle time, mainly just cutting, pasting, skewing the pics, Im working between two programs (photoshop/ microsoft paint), getting alot more efficient at it the more I do it (got plenty of time on my hands anyhow)

stnylan said:
My my, what a lot of wars you've been fighting. Why am I not surprised?

What else is there to do? If not at war, must be preparing for war :D ...there was some years of peace there before the second Burgundy/English war, just didnt do any pics of troops just standing around twiddling their thumbs.

Katapraktoi said:
I can't figure out how you can be brave enough to take on the Spanish. Especially when you are still at war with the English. Those troop costs must be skyrocketing when you've got them all spread out like that. I also must ask, how do you do when you siege a province? I see that you have 1 troop in each province and yet they are all conquered by you. Whenever I play a game I always need a minimum of 4 or 5 troops to even have the metre that shows the progress of the siege exist. If I have too few men nothing happens, even though I press the troop and hovers the mouse over the burning city it always says 12 months but nothing happens. Not until I add more troops. You however have the whole of England with just a few armies. Tell me your secret! :) Any case, nice going with England there. Let's just hope you survive down on the Iberian penisula and take care of those upstart one-province nations right next to your own border.

1 - I built a fleet of 25 galleys to (hopefully) take care of any Iberian sea bourne invasions. Gelre only has one sea zone to protect!

2 - English were finished by Iberian DOW, now Dutch troops are merely occupying their lands, sampling the English delicacies, looting...or some may say...receiving the unexplained spontaneous devotions of conquered peoples.

3 - With Holland and Brabant I think Gelre's support limit was just under 30k, my army is just above that, costs arent too bad (cant remember exactly 3/4d?), plus I rarely put the maintenance up off 50% (so far this game never) (war or not :D ) , I just dont fight battles that I got no hope of winning, it is better to retreat and be able to fight another day than to die.

4 - I seige just like everyone else, a minimum fort requires 5000 troops to start a seige....

lalalalala1.jpg
This army here is just covering the seige I had there, I broke up the army (by using the cover button), so that the armies could go and loot in sync, then I sent the armies back into the province to finish the seige off.

lalalalala2.jpg
That army there seiging is actually just covering the province (for loot :D ), the 13k fighting the Portugese just left that province after stopping there. The 1k sprite changes back into a normal covering sprite on the turn of the month (just needs to reset), the 1200 covering force will then go around Spainish provinces looting what it can, while the main force goes onto the serious business of killing.

5 - Like I said I just seige like any other person, those screenies with 1k armies are just covering provinces for loot, when I own them all (provinces) I just leave the troops all spread out and try to incorporate all the provinces into one month of looting.

6 - Thanks, Iberia is dicey, but the Germans are proving alittle irritable :D

Hope I explained things ok.

Iche_Bins said:
Now thats perfect looting

Good job, I guess the eglish are a perfect source of income for you, aren't they?

Edit: I forgot, Actually I took my name because I couldn't think of any good nicks when a friedn asked me to write in a guest book, so I named myself Iche, which means .. well "Ie" I thnik there is no translation for it. Iche_Bins, which basicly means "It's me-e" I take when Iche is allready taken or to short

Cheers, The English aid contribute their share to the Dutch coffers ;)

Ok, its just it really does sound kind of a funny name, what language?

Duke of Wellington said:
Plenty of war to go around there. Bold move taking on the Iberians

Cheers, I trust in those 25 galleys, so far so good.

Veldmaarschalk said:
Gelderland rules !!!

It is clear that those 'Run, run the Gelrians are coming' English and the 'I surrender' Iberians are no match for us.

"Gelderland rules!!!" - better tell the Germans that :rofl: The English and Iberians know, but the Germans just dont appear to have heard about it, nor care :D

You are being swarmed! And losing the odd city in the process.

stnylan said:
You are being swarmed! And losing the odd city in the process.

I put too much faith in my allies (shouldnt have joined their wars *in hindsight* :D ), but they are being eaten alive..

heh, was following every update, just realized i was not subscribed...d'oh!

anyway, keep it up, and may you reap the benefits of constant warfare. or not. :p

I freggin' hate rebels. :mad:

Fnuco said:
heh, was following every update, just realized i was not subscribed...d'oh!

anyway, keep it up, and may you reap the benefits of constant warfare. or not. :p

Cheers Fnuco, so far the beneifts have been good, only recent times... :( :D

Henry v. Keiper said:
I freggin' hate rebels. :mad:

Uhm...which rebels?....real rebels or the French rebels? :D

The Real Deal said:
Uhm...which rebels?....real rebels or the French rebels? :D

EUII rebels ;) For what traditionally were armed, disorganized peasants, they always seem to be super-soldiers

Henry v. Keiper said:
EUII rebels ;) For what traditionally were armed, disorganized peasants, they always seem to be super-soldiers

Oh yeah they are all 10 foot tall with biceps a foot wide...and armed with the latest weapons. :D

I didnt bother attacking them, they first appeared in Zeeland (captured it) then moved to Gelre, I took Zeeland back, they captured Gelre and went to Holland, I took Gelre, they captured Holland went to Zeeland, I captured Holland, they captured Zeeland then made their way back to Holland were I was able to kill them (they had disadvantage of crossing river) :rofl:

The Real Deal said:
(they had disadvantage of crossing river) :rofl:

And of being incredibly STUPID :D

The Real Deal said:
I didnt bother attacking them, they first appeared in Zeeland (captured it) then moved to Gelre, I took Zeeland back, they captured Gelre and went to Holland, I took Gelre, they captured Holland went to Zeeland, I captured Holland, they captured Zeeland then made their way back to Holland

You just described what drove me crazy about EUI :wacko: The AI could make an amphibious landing and if it failed could cause havoc in my countryside. According to that kind of logic, Dieppe could have ended with Canadians marching into Berlin.