Residency citizenship shouldn't let pops take leader jobs

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Gabarius

Second Lieutenant
33 Badges
Nov 8, 2018
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
A few months ago, I was fighting against the Prikkiki-Ti, the genocidal space geckos we all know and love. They had killed a lot of sapients from a neighboring empire, and attempted to do the same to us. They failed, and we annexed most of their planets. After this bitter war and their past crimes (not to mention that most of them still harbored the xenophobic/militarist ethics that made their genocides happen to begin with) I was in no hurry to give them full rights as leaders within The Commonwealth of Earth, a xenophilic, militaristic, egalitarian empire. So, I set their rights to residency for a few generations, so they would be re-educated into our objectively correct ideology.

As they started immigrating around my empire a bit to habitable worlds for them (If you saw my last post, I didn't turn off migration for them because they couldn't move to Earth, a continental planet), I noticed they were taking over the leader jobs as they were created with the colonies' developmnent. This didn't make sense to me, as they were *supposed* to be second-class citizens for now to think about what they'd done to those poor aliens - not getting the best treatment under our empire's social welfare policy.

So, my suggestion is that pops with Residency shouldn't be able to take on the leader jobs, the ones at the top of the job list. This makes sense, because they're already not allowed to generate individual leaders such as scientists or governers - why should entire pops of them be allowed to manage planets?

I suppose one rebuttal to this argument would be for planets inhabited solely by resident species, but even then, planets can run themselves without leader pops. More importantly, realistically, these jobs would be filled by a more primary species with full rights.

Reactions: