Allow for reordering of individual outliner items

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Gabarius

Second Lieutenant
33 Badges
Nov 8, 2018
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
A lot of other people have asked for this, but I figured I'd put my voice into the chorus.

Problem
In my games, I like to order my fleets based on how important they are - for instance, the primary fleet (Usually called the 1st Fleet/Voidwings/whatever) is kept near my capital system, commanded by the Minister of Defense, and gets reinforced first. This fleet is, naturally, the evolution of the three starting corvettes, meaning it's first in the fleet outliner. However, if this fleet ever gets destroyed in its role as a firstline defender of our space, it can never regain its status as first in the sidebar, unless of course the other fleets made after it cease to exist through one way or another. The same goes for science ships lost to leviathans or mining drones, and in general, it would be nice if we could reorder other things such as planets.

Implementation
This should be simple to implement, with maybe a 'gear' button at the header of each outliner section opening the option for individual elements within each section to be reordered, with arrows similar to the building queue. Then, when finished, this "reorder view" could be toggled back off. Similar to holding down on an app on iOS, and then pressing the home button.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: