• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Gabarius

Second Lieutenant
33 Badges
Nov 8, 2018
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
A while ago, it was made impossible to remove the cyborg feature on pops via genetic modifcation, provided by the synthetic ascension park. I don't understand why this is - it makes logical sense that the implants can be removed. Revoking this limitation would allow for better roleplay, such as for spiritualist empires who don't want their pops to be partially "profane machines", as well as for any genetic ascension empire that wants to genetically modify all their pops.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
A while ago, it was made impossible to remove the cyborg feature on pops via genetic modifcation, provided by the synthetic ascension park. I don't understand why this is - it makes logical sense that the implants can be removed. Revoking this limitation would allow for better roleplay, such as for spiritualist empires who don't want their pops to be partially "profane machines", as well as for any genetic ascension empire that wants to genetically modify all their pops.
The old system where you could modify your pops into "anything you have a template for" avoided many of these issues. You still couldn't create Psionics unless you Psiscended, but if a friendly neighbour did, you could get Psionic pops. Was anything really broken if a non psiscended empire lacking all other features of psiscending could make their pops Psionic if they were on good turns with a psiscended neighbor? Seriously, what's wrong with having a very nerfed version of ascension by being friend with Ascended folks, or even removing a pseudo-ascension you don't want for RP reasons?

Reactions:
That's strange, I could have sworn I was able to do that just the other day.
I couldn’t yesterday, and I remember it being like this in playthroughs for quite some time now

Cyborg should get removed by any kind of gene editing by a genetically ascended empire.
Cyborg should make becoming a full synth faster and cheaper.

And Cyborgs should not be able to become psionic at all.
Or becoming Psionic, removes all cybernetics and regrow original biological body parts, possibly requiring cloning tech first.

And Cyborgs should not be able to become psionic at all.
Or becoming Psionic, removes all cybernetics and regrow original biological body parts, possibly requiring cloning tech first.

I'm pretty sure this is alteady a thing, Psionic Assimilation already removes the Cyborg Trait, however I'm not sure if it also removes the other Cybernetics traits.

Reactions:
Nope, just a music mod. I think it's because I was psionic, and had the ability to assimilate them?

That would not be using genetic modification, which is what the OP has been talking about.

Try it as a Genetic Ascension empire, you will be unable.