Rage worthy moment - not enough DIP to finish WC

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks guys!
Hats+off+to+you+sir+_7163990b4f3a977689286e8655533874.jpg

I was losing my mind, now I finally got the achievement!

I am never going to do that again. It was like having a second full time job, of the bad kind.

heh, pretty sure anyone who ever has done WC said that afterwards.

Now try jihad achievement.. ;) arguably harder then a wc, since you need to own and convert entire europe, asia.

edit: forgot they changed this to having 500 provinces as sunni. So nm.

I am never going to do that again. It was like having a second full time job, of the bad kind.

But but, WC is so much fun! All those years of endless wars with no challenges ;)

heh, pretty sure anyone who ever has done WC said that afterwards.

Now try jihad achievement.. ;) arguably harder then a wc, since you need to own and convert entire europe, asia.

edit: forgot they changed this to having 500 provinces as sunni. So nm.
I think I can get Jihad without skipping a beat, with Exploration/Expansion and Administrative Efficiency. As you said in the edit, it's easy now - you can get 100+ provinces just by colonizing, no one said you actually have to conquer stuff.

I am very serious about WC. Unless I somehow have lottery luck (PU France and Russia by 1500), I'll never attempt it again. More than that, I will try less "serious" campaigns with possibly suboptimal ideas and tactics, just for fun. Espionage, here I come!
But but, WC is so much fun! All those years of endless wars with no challenges ;)
Well, I made my WC more challenging by dismantling the HRE (shock!) and by having 0 military ideas taken.
Damn, those combined stacks of former HRE minors hurt!

Well, I made my WC more challenging by dismantling the HRE (shock!) and by having 0 military ideas taken.
Damn, those combined stacks of former HRE minors hurt!

Military ideas aren't really necessary for major European tags, though (although no forced march would make me cry). Nicely done nevertheless--on towards Sunset Invasion and 3M (I doubt I'll ever see this done--I couldn't make myself exploit to such an extent for a single achievement)!

Regarding Jihad: I never actually finished a world conquest so I can't compare the achievements, but I found Najd relatively easy and non-tedious after securing a powerbase. You don't need too many hard-to-conquer provinces for the achievement:

najd.jpg

As you can see, I have almost no lands in Europe or China. All of Africa (except Madagascar), India, Middle East, Siberia and the majority of Indonesian/Polynesian islands brought me to around 510.

did anyone ever get jihad done before they changed the req? It sounds really hard to conquer whole europe and asia, owning it all, and converting entire europe to sunni...

i was theorycrafting months ago to go catholic first with "offer change religion" and westernize of the knights early on, and getting asia done when i revoked privilegia and conquered europe.

I would then do another force convert war .. but thats impossible now since holy war force convert now only works on countries costing less then 100 warscore.

Theorycrafting again. If i revoke privilegia as najd, release any and all countries i got as vassal and selling my cores to vassals, and then do force convert through offering at 100/ ws vs a sunni country....

Hrmmm.. might try it out, lol. Sounds easier then conquering asia then europe.

Really pity they changed the req in jihad achievement., i would have loved trying it at its original req.

Last edited:
Well, I haven't tried Jihad, but I know that the start is rough. After that, I think I know the dynamics of the region (I've played Qara Qoyunlu, which is relatively close).

IMO it is definitely easier than a WC unless you use the HRE to full potential: become Emperor quickly, get at least half of the Burgundian Inheritance, add vassals to HRE, core several provinces of a large target yourself and sell them to your vassals so that they can continue coring for you.

Regarding old Jihad, DDRJake has said that he considered it harder than the 3 Mountains.

I congratulate you. Now you can hang out with cool kids who completed WC.
Well, you do know why I berated you in that topic? In this situation, if I would have not found a solution I'd would have just given up.
A week or so of feeling bitter, maybe some rants on the forum, then back to regular gaming. It doesn't feel right to cheat in single player games.
It doesn't feel right to cheat anywhere actually :)

did anyone ever get jihad done before they changed the req? It sounds really hard to conquer whole europe and asia, owning it all, and converting entire europe to sunni...

i was theorycrafting months ago to go catholic first with "offer change religion" and westernize of the knights early on, and getting asia done when i revoked privilegia and conquered europe.

I would then do another force convert war .. but thats impossible now since holy war force convert now only works on countries costing less then 100 warscore.

Theorycrafting again. If i revoke privilegia as najd, release any and all countries i got as vassal and selling my cores to vassals, and then do force convert through offering at 100/ ws vs a sunni country....

Hrmmm.. might try it out, lol. Sounds easier then conquering asia then europe.

Really pity they changed the req in jihad achievement., i would have loved trying it at its original req.

A few people did do it, iirc.

Congrats on the WC! Honestly, it's not that hard if you're using the Euro powerhouses, but man is it satisfying when you pull it off.

And Jihad is my next planned achievement playthrough, though I'm waiting for AoW to come out. More provinces = the campaign should be more relaxed. Right?

Congrats on the WC! Honestly, it's not that hard if you're using the Euro powerhouses, but man is it satisfying when you pull it off.

And Jihad is my next planned achievement playthrough, though I'm waiting for AoW to come out. More provinces = the campaign should be more relaxed. Right?
Most likely. Europe has 2500 base tax or so at the start, so probably 500 provinces, maybe a bit more. Asia will probably be bumped from the current 1200 to 2000, so from 300 to 400 provinces, maybe more. Africa has 600 base tax, so around 150 provinces, it will probably be bumped to 1000-1200, so 250 provinces. Considering Oceania as well, it should be achievable at a reasonable pace.

I agree that western WC is the easiest one, that why I set some extra rules, the most important one being dismantling the HRE ASAP. I'd say that this bumped the WC difficulty a notch. But what I did is definitely no 3 mountains...

This has never been possible in EU4. You can only change within your religious group in a war: Catholic -> Coptic or Buddhist -> Confucion but not Sunni -> Hindu.

Congradulations Oblio-, where's the moneyshot?

thx for claryfying that out.

This has never been possible in EU4. You can only change within your religious group in a war: Catholic -> Coptic or Buddhist -> Confucion but not Sunni -> Hindu.

Congratulations Oblio-, where's the moneyshot?
myfans.jpg

Here it is.

Military ideas aren't really necessary for major European tags, though (although no forced march would make me cry). Nicely done nevertheless--on towards Sunset Invasion and 3M (I doubt I'll ever see this done--I couldn't make myself exploit to such an extent for a single achievement)!
I agree, you can get by without military ideas as Europeans. I switched to Despotic Monarchy when it was available (-1 revolt risk = awesome, 5% discipline = exactly what I needed). Together with the 5% discipline advisor and the Spanish bonus I had 112.5% discipline and I was almost on par with enemies, provided that my high army tradition rolled at least a 3/3 general. And after 1650 if I lost a battle to anyone except Russia it did not matter since I was "out-manpowering" them so I just sent other stacks to crush their now depleted stacks.

Sunset Invasion seems too boring now and 3 mountains is something I will never try. I wanted to do it after this WC run but I don't want to destroy my sanity.
My plan was: conquer SE Asia, get some big vassals there (preferably Ayutthaya), ADM focus early on, get Exploration, switch focus to DIP, explore towards Europe, conquer something in Europe, sell my homeland to a vassal, force convert myself to Christian and then do a standard HRE run probably 50-80-100 years behind schedule, relying a lot on Administrative Efficiency.

Anyway, one thing I want to tell you about my Castile/Spain run is that hurt a lot having to release Russia. I just couldn't stand the OE events when I fully annexed it (~180% OE) so I had to release it and gave up tens of Catholic cores in Europe and especially in Asia :(
Oh, and I got a Queen in 1500, exactly 1 year after I could have had the Iberian Wedding. So Naples was conquered bit by bit in ~1500 while Aragon became a vassal in 1810, I think. I used the decision to inherit Aragon just to clear a slot around 1810, I actually wanted to finish as Castile but I was getting a bit scared that I might not make it.

Last edited:
Thanks guys!

I was losing my mind, now I finally got the achievement!

Well done. How bold to do it without the HRE. I too am waiting for 1.8 to try Jihad, although I fear it will bake the getting to Russia early more difficult, which means no Siberia which means that the easier game idea may not come to fruition!

Most likely. Europe has 2500 base tax or so at the start, so probably 500 provinces, maybe a bit more. Asia will probably be bumped from the current 1200 to 2000, so from 300 to 400 provinces, maybe more. Africa has 600 base tax, so around 150 provinces, it will probably be bumped to 1000-1200, so 250 provinces. Considering Oceania as well, it should be achievable at a reasonable pace.

I agree that western WC is the easiest one, that why I set some extra rules, the most important one being dismantling the HRE ASAP. I'd say that this bumped the WC difficulty a notch. But what I did is definitely no 3 mountains...
Ming and Manchuria got its province count tripled, India and central asia doubled, south east asia and Korea also doubled, Asia would more likely go to 600 provinces.

Jihad should be quite trivial in AOW, given India is divided, just bulldoze through india to SEA where islam already has a presence, and province count should be mostly enough. Go up through central asia and get the more divided siberia colonized and its done.
Though I think they may raise the province requirement as well.