• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello!!!!
I'm starting a HUGE mod project that aims to add a lot of custom empires with deep lore BUT keep the emergent storytelling of paradox games. It will contain events, anomalies, custom AI, custom systems, custom animated portraits etc.
However i'm just starting and i am already bumping into strange problems.

I can't manage to make my custom start game screen message appear (it just shows the country flag) nor the empire description in the empire selection screen when you start a new game.

Help would be much appreciated since i'm aiming for an alpha release for this weekend.

@Krajzen could you help me please?

Attachments

• interesting-races.rar
    3,8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Hi, I wish to update my mod on the workshop. How do I do this?

I believe it is supposed to be the same way I upload, but by clicking "fetch information" beforehand. However, this says the mod does not exist, and will create a new one... - It says the same thing to mods I have subscribed to.

My quick questions:

1) How do I stop the game from renaming my systems. I am creating a static map and half of the system names seem to be changed by the game when I start, not always the same ones.
(edit: My theory is that F and A class stars are bugged and any system you give them to will not work)

2) I set the coordinates for Sol to be 1, -1 and yet it keeps appearing randomly on the map with a new system in its place.
3) How do I remove whatever that consciousness thing is in the center of the galaxy.

Why? I am trying to make a static map of a section of space rather than a "whole galaxy" so I don't need a center of the galaxy.

Last edited:
Is there a way to resize the inner containers in the "ethic_description_list" in customize_species_editors.gui?
I made a mod that extents the ethic tooltips but the container element dosen't scale with the additional text, so it overlaps:
E995E9689A7B5973FE7022B42D36153E1A76BC3C
Edit: now it's the right image. ^^

Last edited:

I believe it is supposed to be the same way I upload, but by clicking "fetch information" beforehand. However, this says the mod does not exist, and will create a new one... - It says the same thing to mods I have subscribed to.

I also want know this :D could someone help us?

I've tried getting my localization to work, but it doesn't show up in game. What am I doing wrong?
The file is called gpex_I_english.yml, it's saved in UTF-8-BOM.

Code:
l_english:
trait_lousy_farmers:0 "Lousy Farmers"
trait_lousy_farmers_desc:0 "§LMembers of this species have no connection to the land and make lousy farmers and gardeners.§!\n"

(Yes, there is a a space in front of the trait.)

No, not if you first hit Fetch Info. If it finds the mod already on Steam you will update it rather than re-upload it as a new mod. It's not a very good system but I'm working on a list of improvements for the Engine Team to implement (when they have the time).

You can add a thumbnail picture but adding picture = filename.extension in your .mod file.

Unfortunately that is the case.

So I added the line picture = "banner.jpg" in the .mod file. Where should the banner go? Should it be in the mod folder or the folder that has the mod file? Still can't get it to work. Does it have to be a certain dimension such as 500x500 etc?

Is there any way of making the starting system names use the entire game's name list, rather than just the ten or so names for each species? Like asides from manually entering every single name as an entry for every single species? Getting really tired of seeing the same empire names every game. Seems a really odd design choice to me.

For station maintenance for energy and minerals there's a cost multiplier under NEconomy. However they also use the maintenance amounts from Ships under NShips. This seems a tad confusing and means its impossible to mod stations without maintenance without affecting ships as well. (I tried lowering the multiplier to 0 which resulted in the base cost of the NShip values)

Don't edit lines such as the name of the mod/directory/unique number. Should work fine then. I had that problem with 1 mod and I chose to reupload and delete the old one. Could just be buggy. Also I don't think it works to check with ones downloaded as these don't have the unique number with them.

I'm trying to create some mods. I've looked in the files hierarchy (gui, gfx, shader). But I didn't find where to associate a GUI button defined in a .gui/.gfx files to a event/action (example : clic on the save button for opening the saved files manager window)

But where is defined the "save" button behavior (i.e. open the save window) ?

How do I modify existing buildings without having to override 00_buildings.txt? I'm trying to just tweak the capital buildings, but creating a mod file with just them results in duplicates - the building you start with is unchanged but when I go to replace it in-game there's the option to replace it with the modified version.