• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My first full game! FINALLY! Here is my French empire at its height in 1760:

Western half

Eastern half

Diplo mode:

After 1760 I got bored of my game so I've released Quebec and gave most of my North American colonies between them and the US. Here is my empire at the end of the game (1821):

(Mind you, Byzantium was captured and declared independence several times during my game. It was a bit annoying. It's the maroon thing in the place of Athens)

Diplo mode:

End game stats:

I'm also Holy Roman Emperor and Curia Controller. Not bad for my first game ever in Europa Universalis IV. :D

I assume venice and spain are allied, right?

No. They were before. I was allied with Spain though, but I lost a war against Venice, tried to take Edirne
Worst mistake..

Spain didn't join the war, even though it said YES. In the end I gave 1000 ducats to France ( war leader ) and annuled treaties with Spain. I can ally them again soon though

I like your empire dude! Console Ftw!!!
Heven't used any cheats (i never do). Used exploits though (vassal feeding and perma-coalition-wars). And it's on Ironman to get the achievement.
I think it's possible to do that (after 1.2) without exploits with Ottomans, Russia (both have coring bonuses) and maybe Austria (but with releasing vassals, feeding only their cores/claims).

He could've been playing with bonuses...

I don't really care whether people use the console, since lots of things are just a lot more fun with a better interface (vassal feeding, notably), but it's mathematically impossible to get 3M MP on a force limit of 276. In the above Byzantium game, I have a manpower modifier of +158% on force limit of 537 for a base regain of 72.6k/year, which obviously gives me a maximum of 726k. Unless he put high level military buildings everywhere (I have maybe 50 barracks, nothing higher), it's not even going to come close.

Last edited:
I don't really care whether people use the console, since lots of things are just a lot more fun with a better interface (vassal feeding, notably), but it's mathematically impossible to get 3M MP on a force limit of 276. In the above Byzantium game, I have a manpower modifier of +158% on force limit of 537 for a base regain of 72.6k/year, which obviously gives me a maximum of 726k. Unless he put high level military buildings everywhere (I have maybe 50 barracks, nothing higher), it's not even going to come close.

So I'm guessing he put high level military buildings everywhere.

Reactions:
Awww, give the guy a break. about 60% of empires on here have been done by cheats!

I like your empire dude! Console Ftw!!!

Or he might have gone crazy with building sprees...

Actually guys it was a combination of both. Hehehehehe *sinister smile*

I promised to myself for my next game that I wouldn't use the console.... but I cheated again before my recent save so what the heck... Hahaha

Also when I enter a manpower amount in the console (like say manpower 2000) it's shown as 2000K. Is that a glitch or is it an abbreviation?

He could've been playing with bonuses...
There are bonuses, and then again, there are bonuses. Player handicap is a mere +25% manpower.

On the face of it, ~3 million manpower in 1760 while owning such a small amount of territory should be utterly impossible even if a person took Aristocracy, Offensive, and Quantity, and built L6 army buildings and manufactories in every single province. And the screenshot reveals that he doesn't have Aristocracy or Quantity. Fundamentally, he's getting +25% from Offensive, and theoretically +70% from buildings plus a few smaller +efficiency modifiers. Of course, he also gets -50% for overseas, and most of his provinces are overseas. With his small empire in 1760, most of which is base manpower 1-3 colonial provinces, he has more manpower than many WC empires. At the end of the game, when he still has some 3 million manpower, he has 191 provinces. Let's say 200 provinces for an average gain per province of 1500 man/year.

So a bit of skepticism would be warranted for those who care about how the empires being posted have arisen rather than merely looking at somebody elses empire and saying, "good show, sounds like you had a fun time"!

I belong more to the latter than the former, but I have full sympathy for anybody looking at those screenshots and asking themselves, "how the hell did that happen?" :D It looks utterly ridiculous to me. And if against all odds it weren't by cheating or due to bugs, I'd like to know the details, as it would probably result in an update to my manpower FAQ. :D

Last edited:
WC with Austria, 95% of the game went on 1.2.2 (hard/agressive).
Went holy ~1660 in preparation for agressive Spain conquest but finally after ~150 years they got a weak claimed ruler so i was able to PU them.

996B283C94887DE0661A75E155AD15CA81E534D7

Ps. I love perma-coalition-wars :)

How much overextension?

So I'm guessing he put high level military buildings everywhere.

Just to be a bit clearer here: It might come close (like 2m close) if he had level 6 buildings in every province and every manpower modifier, but 3m is not feasible with that empire.

Actually guys it was a combination of both. Hehehehehe *sinister smile*
Thank you for confirming it. There was absolutely no way I could reconcile your manpower with the manpower maths, and it is nice to know that I'm not losing my sanity. (Or at least not losing it on that account)

I promised to myself for my next game that I wouldn't use the console.... but I cheated again before my recent save so what the heck... Hahaha

Also when I enter a manpower amount in the console (like say manpower 2000) it's shown as 2000K. Is that a glitch or is it an abbreviation?
It is because the base unit of manpower is the cost of one regiment.

The manpower as displayed to the user is 1000 times the manpower values that the game operates with internally.

The base manpower values in the provincial history files are integers from 1 to 12, they are stored as three digit precision real numbers in the saves, and treated to fixed integer mathematics internally, and any modification of them by event, decision, console, or whatever is done by affecting this value, which is 1000 times less than what you see displayed.

E.g. the Agricultural Revolution event adds +1 or +2 manpower to the base manpower for a province.

Thus when you use the console for "manpower 2000", you will add 2000 to the manpower value, which is, in fact, 2,000,000 manpower visible to the user.

Finished my Knights game
Couldn't do anymore

Mighty HRE - Russia alliance blocked almost everything. I tried to take down Qara Koynolu 10 years before end..I succeded in first war, and when I started the second one, HRE and Russia joined the war.
They weren't even allied with them and they weren't in coalition against me. Russia was also my ally..Suddenly I found myself at war against 500k+ combined Russian-German troops. I payed 3000 ducats, gave Treviso to HRE and canceled vassalation on Pope to finish the war. After that I sold my provinces back to Qara because borders were horrible. If I had won the war, they would probably been annexed

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/720868005075555677/D556B7AA6AFD756130AD685B89602AD4F7C912DE/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/720868005075456636/2621AD038B305468FB9D1CC0F867E2AFCCE10119/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/720868005075465008/15723D5292C825FC4022A46439D47BFAEF858291/

Persia is my vassal btw.
I know, borders are horrible, I can't look at them. But I couldn't do much about it. I was weaker then most of countries even in 1700

could you end the game with 0 OE?
If i had enought ADM points then yes, for some strange reasons my coring time droped to 48 months :unsure: . But i don't so no i can't end the game with 0 OE.

But if you asking about could I do it at all (from a new game) then yes, it is possible. I could even do it having a save from ... lest say 1754.

Heven't used any cheats (i never do). Used exploits though (vassal feeding and perma-coalition-wars). And it's on Ironman to get the achievement.
I think it's possible to do that (after 1.2) without exploits with Ottomans, Russia (both have coring bonuses) and maybe Austria (but with releasing vassals, feeding only their cores/claims).
Oh come on, how is it no worse then save scumming? what's the point of ironman then? :D