• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh come on, how is it no worse then save scumming? what's the point of ironman then? :D

Johan posted that vassal feeding is actually WAD for expansion in the vassal-feeding thread. I'm not sure what perma-coalition-war refers to, exactly.

Well, Austria-HRE. Got Hungary and Bohemia in a PU early on, Bohemia's cancelled out when I enacted the 'make all states my vassal' reform. Claimed throne on Burgundy, currently thirty years or so until I can inherit them.

eu4_4_zps32f6968a.png

eu4_6_zps6db40a39.png

EDIT: Thanks, it failed miserably the first time.

Last edited:
Oh come on, how is it no worse then save scumming? what's the point of ironman then?

It is a ingame tactics, doesn't require additional inputs. You working in a confined element of game mechanics.
And belive me it wasn't easy. Actually it was extremely hard and if someone isn't an experienced EU player he will not make it. In a mid game after 2-3 hours of game my head hurt and i even had nightmares about EUIV, had to stop playing for 2 days.

Point of Ironman? For me? Personally? None. As i said before i don't use cheats (it also refers to save/load strategy). I was surprised that the number of ppl using that is so great they had to make a dedicated Ironman mode for achievements.

I'm not sure what perma-coalition-war refers to, exactly.
Declaring war on a new member of coalition weeks/months after you've ended coalition war. It breaks the 5 year truce as all member of a coalition are immidietaly thrown into a war. Especially sucessfull after you take a time and completely annihilate all meaningful enemies in previous war.

The mine is an empire only by name. The Polish-Hungarian-British coalition just killed me :S
Ehh... I just got done wiping the floor with a spanish and north african coalition to get campania so I could reform into the Roman Empire.... Great way to core the berbers. I found the best way to expand was get teh small arab nations to be released then vassalize them through holy wars. After that get all their core territories and annex. If you get all teh right Ideas you can end up with 14 diplomatic relations.
Did you have any allies?

Finished my Knights game [..]
I know, borders are horrible, I can't look at them. But I couldn't do much about it. I was weaker then most of countries even in 1700
Honestly, the AI has atrocious borders (Spain and Mamluks in particular), but yours are fine. That is a nice empire starting from a mediterranean rock, nontheless..

Ehh... I just got done wiping the floor with a spanish and north african coalition to get campania so I could reform into the Roman Empire.... Great way to core the berbers. I found the best way to expand was get teh small arab nations to be released then vassalize them through holy wars. After that get all their core territories and annex. If you get all teh right Ideas you can end up with 14 diplomatic relations.
Did you have any allies?

Sure, France and Bohemia.
France killed by Spain and Naples ( they were in the war too, but didn't invade me. They fought only against France).
Bohemia destroyed by the Polish and the Brandeburg (vassall of Hungary), then they marched on my territory.
In fact, i didn't even concluded the war, i "only" lost the main battle, and eastern mercenaries are useless against 130k of angry Hungarians and Polish...So, good game for me, but it could be better!

Here's my Roman Empire from 1575. About 50 years were spent getting out of low manpower, and mismanaging my military power in the process. Man those rebels are devistating. I guess a Latin power was supporting revolters against me. Still, its coming nicely. Waiting for an opportunity to take out the Papacy, but they're in a little cliche with Spain and France. France is insanely powerful. They were fielding 94k men at about 1480.

Had just finished second war with the Mamelukes in 5 years, and about fell over when I realised I had 200% overextension. Wasn't really a big deal, and got down to 0% in short order. Although I did have 'administrators mass resigning as a war protest' :p

Map in 1591:

Theme System restored:

In 1498 with my mega Dulkadir vassal. I feel like that color would look nice covering all of Anatolia.

Last edited:
Lot of Byzantiums lately, ill pop mine in too =P

I want to try a Ramazan or Dulkadir or Arakan game... afraid of failing tho lol

pAPo7qn.png

My Vassals: (also known as the anti coalition coalition... lol )

Tunisia
Qara Qoyulnu (recently annexed though)
Marwar
Moldavia
Krakow
Montenegro
Urbino

Moldavia and Krakow are both the product of lands I took from a really gigantic poland that was starting to bother me, one day I looked at the ledger...

5000 Polish standing army... total. 250 manpower.

Huh, I didn't notice them getting steamrolled by anyone but nonetheless I took advantage and got 100% warscore with them... hehehehe.

I have at least 5x stacks of 16/7/7, making more all of the time, working toward the 25% land forcelimits on the offensive ideas.

Other idea trees: Religious, Expansion, Trade, Naval, Defensive.

Also trying to unite my Italian holdings and my mainland, but Tuscany is really getting in the way, along with Venice + Austria...

In other news, that Persia between my mainland and Indian holdings is getting increasingly annoying, will likely smash them to peices very soon. Me and France are both neck and neck for overall #1 most powerful nation, almost everyone else has the "threatened" attitude. Zhou has replaced Ming, it has like the 3rd largest army after me + France now...

Other than that, very fun interesting game.

Here is my Manchu ironman game. I learned a lot from playing my previous ottoman game (namely gamey vassal-feeding) which helped me conquer quickly. I was on the way to conquering the entirety of Asia when mean ole Russia come marching in demanding like 8 provinces (I never westernized so I never stood a chance).

ymYpt9C.jpg

LFMxbav.jpg

Best thing about being manchu... Holy war CB against everyone because I'm the only Confucian nation in the world. BTW, boo paradox for making it so I can't peace out of wars with gold... What else am I supposed to do with that 50k? I feel like I should be able to bribe russia out of this war with maybe 10k? Who'd turn down 10k?

After seeing all your great empires I am almost ashamed to upload mine, but after all I started with just one province.
And I wasn't even that imperialistic!

eu4_11.png

Here are my colonies...

eu4_13.png

I am the papal controller and you can also see my allies here...

eu4_8.png

It wasn't always going so well...

eu4_5.png

Here is my nation when it was growing.

eu4_9.png

Finally, here is my nation about ten years after I annexed France.

eu4_1.png

@Vedinu

Why ashamed? Aachen owning France, Belgium, Netherlands is greater in my opinion then some regular HRE World conquest