• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am going for a few polish achievements with this run and as you can see i am gettin to the end of it.
0C5B915EFA3DAF51DD9225347C46D52CE29F8231

I have 3 vassals at this stage of the game. Aq Q, Yarkand and custom nation of China.
3D927FEFB72336080BD1F2E9813504C1B1C04533

I am spreading the one true faith of reformed Christianity.
E9585D951E7D4F71E223030E9B7C9903DC757C8C

And I am truly accepting ;)
I think over 35 accepted cultures :D
F66284F85BFFE8D0285EDDB3D4352C6D58071503

Is that Mexico in Japan & Siberia? What's going on with that? Sounds like there's a very interesting New World...

Is that Mexico in Japan & Siberia? What's going on with that? Sounds like there's a very interesting New World...
yes that is mexico
at the moment the "4th Mexican conquest of Ming" is going on
aside from that not that unusual new world:
C2E2AC64D47AB67DC87D3F8369E9473270825BB2

383E835D2B6A2BB9278D402514968D9343B08B2A

independent portuguese mexico,brazil and laplate
independent british NA
nova hollandia and breton canada are somewhat rarer but not that unusual if they survive
well it is surprising how many colonies are still not independent in 1804

Reactions:
Promising England run

627DB908F54B3020DE590DAF372CA3D9D82DC8A3

Vassals is Champagne, Guyenne and Scotland
PUs are Castile (peacefully), Portugal (Claimed Throne) and France (Restore Union mission)

my heir is a strong 5/3/6

Reactions:
Went for an easy unite HRE achievement with Austria...would have almost done also the Master of India one if not for a 15 years regency council :mad: Four months to finish coring the last one...that's all I needed...

F5E29E89158BD7668B7B18BC15288F6CE6A235EA

0FA3B3745CC834D293F2454CD08D4B70E5C713AB

1034BFB04CCC6B0052754AEFF16D02AF053E033E

On a side note, wonderfully flagged Louisiana dominating N.A.

A8943C156829088A0758497EB8C590B58240023D

Last edited:
I take solace from seeing many games which are not ginormous near wc endings. I am probably going to finish my current campaign past the 17th century for thr first timr and can't fathom WC hahaha.
Play the game the way you like and enjoy the game. No need to compare it to what others like to do. :)

Reactions:
the stats suggests that a mere 0.4% have done it on ironman ...

Then again, only 16.6% have done a royal marriage (the highest)

Even that's a bit inflated; ironman is no real protection against cheating. That said, the point that you should play the game to enjoy it is sensible :p. If one wants to learn how to do sprawling empires/WC it's something that you can take steps to learn, but that's best left to those who enjoy it. I'm something in between, lazy but a powergamer all the same.

Reactions:
Even that's a bit inflated; ironman is no real protection against cheating. That said, the point that you should play the game to enjoy it is sensible :p. If one wants to learn how to do sprawling empires/WC it's something that you can take steps to learn, but that's best left to those who enjoy it. I'm something in between, lazy but a powergamer all the same.
A powergamer and lazy? I'm something different. I'm simply bad at the game. :p

A powergamer and lazy? I'm something different. I'm simply bad at the game. :p

Well, I'm thinking more in terms of embracing optimized and especially cheesy stuff. You'll do some of it, but you don't EMBRACE the cheese. Admittedly it gets messy, but it feels so nice!

I like my empires to have clean borders.

AE1D30D31FE21B2205319D3E4996E79CB270282B

EC9A8FE295A2F73E753A5EDF0A29C9E7050B8D0C

(Coalition map mode for clarity of viewing)

What you can see in the blue is my empire. There aren't any vassals (yet - I've just taken the Caribbean provinces so a colonial nation will spawn there soon). Note the Galapagos Islands are mine too - basically the last province I could colonise.

Allies are Mexico (who have the fourth largest army in the world) and GB.

Not sure how much longer I'll continue this - if I go to 1821 it'll be the first time I've done so but I wouldn't get the achievement as I accidentally started this not in Ironman (I haven't reloaded at all though).

I love this: a game in the Americas where the player didn't go on to become a hideous, continent spanning blob by snaking all the coasts in the most cringe-worthy of possible ways. The result is a powerful, yet somewhat believable, native state. The kind that would probably be fun to see continued in Vicky II.

Because seriously? I get tired of seeing "I started as the Aztecs/Iroquois/random Native OPM and now I stretch from Hudson Bay to Peru cuz I didn't let the Euros colonize". In my mind, a "successful" run as an American tribe/nation should result in a nation that looks something like yours. Reaching from Alaska to Argentina should be abnormal and an incredible achievement, not the norm... but hey, guess that's why I can house rule it. Though that won't remove the temptation to spam non-stop colonists, and does jack all to allow other natives to potentially grow into respectable powers. Just feels like succeeding as a native should be accomplished through careful diplomacy with the Europeans and waging war against the encroaching colonies, and not by racing to see how quickly you can paint the coastline.

Still, I'm inspired. Think I'll see if I can't give myself a similar run down Argentina way.

Reactions:
While my Buddhists couldn't into space, forcing them to settle for world conquest, they proved beyond any doubt that Theravada is the strongest religion in the game and Buddhism in general is great. Get your achievements while you can, as the Abrahamic faiths aren't worthy of being compared to it. Or something.

One-tagging is quite easy now, as long as you're willing to plan ahead a bit and suffer through the onerous micro, especially later in the game. I was lucky with my rulers (above average admin and average dip over time, and only one short regency council), but considering how much time there was left poor monarchs would've simply delayed it--multiple regency councils are a different story, but then that's the main reason monarchies blow. You'll see that I finished the game as a republic (republic dictatorship in fact), but I turned republic due to an event early in the 18th century, and at that point it didn't matter that much anymore.

I do not recommend trying this, mainly because Buddhism blows, but quite frankly any non-Abrahamic religion is a poor pick for one-tagging. While this is easier to work around in 1.13, 3 missionaries are still too few to effectively convert by yourself. Going through the solid Islamic block in central Asia and the Middle East is painful, and I was never able to completely eradicate rebels (raising autonomy in worthless provinces and converting the rest took care of the worst problems, and the huge FL and manpower reserves meant that no rebellion was ever dangerous, but it's rather tedious).

jOf0Jrt.jpg

WJNnBK5.jpg

wQvPmGE.jpg

t30XV4w.jpg

F9od8hx.jpg

UOmUuxJ.jpg

The world might've been unified under one banner, but the same can't be said for religion. At least Asia and the Americas look somewhat respectable.

6el07Sp.jpg

Say what you want about the AI, but it certainly knows how to dogpile. I almost felt sorry for ol' Vijayanagar.

n4u91cH.jpg

Everyone loves regency councils. Still, only a 2 year regency in almost 300 years (Ceylon became a republic through an event around 1720).

sA9Ufd5.jpg

The sign that an Asian tag is moving up in the world: the day when Ming rivals you.

Bhd7Pr6.jpg

En route to Europe. Next stop: Ottomans.

6HcdbAY.jpg

WEYLD2K.jpg

U1rh1SA.jpg

Colony sniping? Exploration? Black Sea? This is how you westernize in style :p I had originally intended to use Genoa, but as they managed to fall behind in tech I went with the backup plan--you want Rome for the extra missionary anyway, so why not use it to westernize?

ZaFaKU3.jpg

About 100 years into the game. Ceylon has established a foothold in Europe as well as Africa and different parts of Asia.

6gJmzAL.jpg

7S2fTTe.jpg

Expansion around 1600.

jHOQS91.jpg

The Buddhists strike back! I handled most of the conversions and U-Tsang took care of the northern parts.

r5JA96v.jpg

The perks of tanking dip tech.

6LEiBGI.jpg

9zC0T2J.jpg

Whoever said that the quality of your generals and troops win wars was right on the money--quantity, after all, is a quality of its own.

KF1GjWO.jpg

If only these events could happen earlier and more often. Republics are great, but at this point in the game it didn't matter much.

Last edited:
Reactions:
What's the event?

Scheming Bureaucracy IIRC.

Code:
# Scheming Bureaucracy
country_event = {
    id = 9462
    title = "EVTNAME9462"
    desc = "EVTDESC9462"
    picture = DEBATE_REPUBLICAN_eventPicture

trigger = {
        government = monarchy
        adm_tech = 20
        adm_power = 200
    }

mean_time_to_happen = {
        months = 2200
    }

option = {
        name = "EVTOPTA9462"
        add_adm_power = -100
        add_stability = -1
    }

option = {
        name = "EVTOPTB9462"
        kill_ruler = yes
        add_stability = -6
        change_government = bureaucratic_despotism
    }
}

The second option drops you to -3 stability and kills your ruler. Your heir becomes the head of the new Bureaucratic Despotism.

Edit: Damn it, I somehow managed to delete half of my earlier post. Le sigh.

Last edited:
My own humble contribution:
846223AAB9675D547CB43E671B1409985F35694B

The Kingdom of Brabant; consisting of all the Lands of the Dutch and Flemish culture, and Our closest Dependency the Kingdom of Flanders in the City of Calais; Our Territories in Western and Eastern Pomerania, the Former being the Provinces of Rugen, Uckermark, and Oost-Voorpommeren, and the Latter being the Provinces of Achterpommeren and Stolp; Our Territories in Denmark and Holstein, the Former being the Provinces of Noord-Jutland, Middel-Jutland and Oostzeeland, and the Latter being the Province of Holstein and the Cities of Hamburg and Lubeck; Our Atlantic Territories, being the Island of Iceland which consists of the Provinces of West-IJsland and Oost-IJsland, and the Archipelago of Shetland; Our close Dependancy the Kingdom of Meath, consisting of the Lands of Ulster and Meath; and Our Colonies, being Kaap Most in the St. Lawrence region and Rijkepoort in the Caribbean region.

Reactions: