• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Converting all of that to whatever reformator religion he picks sounds like hell.

It isn't problem at all but it is really tedious to click 'send missionaries' hundreds times again ;(

duJpgcc.jpg

r9vg3Qs.jpg

Hi everyone!!

Here is my humble German Empire ("Allemagne" in french) in ironman mode. It has been done at patch 1.12 with common sense. I began as the OPM Mainz and decided to do a tall game :).
My aim was just to survive and make as clean borders as i could. I basically "won" the game in around 1650 when i formed Germany, then, during the remaining time, i was just cleaning borders and stomping the other great powers :D.

View of my empire:
2015-07-20_00003.jpg

View of my troops:

2015-07-20_00004.jpg

View of Europe:

2015-07-20_00005.jpg

Russia was formed by M..., uhm no Tver :p who destroyed Sweden and the Hordes. Speaking of Sweden: well it seems that Norway ("Norvège") ate them... France blobbed because i was their ally (yeah shame on me) and finally Otto have expended quite well.

Africa:
2015-07-20_00006.jpg

America:

2015-07-20_00008.jpg

2015-07-20_00007.jpg

USA was formed by Florida.
And finally Asia:

2015-07-20_00009.jpg

End screen:
2015-07-23_00002.jpg

Reactions:
This is my better than Napoleon run as France, I PU'd and inherited Tuscany and managed to Force a union on Austria in the early 1500's, initially planned to go through Crimea to get to Moscow, instead vassalized Norway and went through Scandinavia.

I managed to get Better than Napoleon, All your trade belong to us, Colonial management, Georgia on my mind, Trade Hegemon, and this Revolution was crushed after the remnants of Russia sparked the revolution. I was trying for a decent reserve but left it a little late, should have started conquering the rest of Europe in the 1700's and smashed the coalitions. Oh well, always next time.

2015-07-21_00004.jpg

Behold, Ternate Australia!

2015-07-21_00005.jpg

2015-07-21_00003.jpg

Converting all of that to whatever reformator religion he picks sounds like hell.

Humanist + reformed = 3 tolerance of heretics and TO forming Prussia loses the -2. His unrest would barely move.

It's not a bad pick for Baltic crusader anyway, since converting with TO's NIs isn't hard in the first place especially with Russian accepted and a few local religious-takers to abuse.

For some context, this is good for 150 (most living Hindus in the area) to just under 400 (Vijay and Orissa, now dead) AE:

And at this point everyone in the Indian region that isn't allied will join coalition when truce ends, if I allow it, while Sind has enough AE to join too even as my ally:

The second picture it's reasonable that remaining nearby Hindu/Sunni Indian nations join. It's not so reasonable to get a continent-spanning coalition after conquering just Vijay, who starts with that territory. I have enough experience to game the truces, and that's the only reason I'm alive. But, it only magnifies the already-garbage mechanic known as regency councils, because getting one can mean game-over in this kind of setup, where you're otherwise pretty safe.

Reactions:
My current Three mountains run, i'm not sure if I can take over Europe in the time span however.
E1A8C2A285F101E123EF7D0859B99FEC93A6F0FC
49AA7D7D7014C836DE37CF1B1517CA403475BE79
Any tips would also be appreciated! :p

Reactions:
297DDBC865169C4EA6B6229B7176F84E55FCAE68
Unfortunately my expansion into Europe has been stymied by that Austro-Hungarian monstrosity. Right now I'm going to finish off the Mamluks, conquer Mesopotamia, and then make another push into Bosnia before my truce with Austria ends.

My Germany run.
Midgame was a pain, france was allied with austria and hungary (second half of game emperor), austria was allied with france, poland and lithuania. And lithuania was allied with austria, poland and ottomans. Everytime i wanted some province grab i had to face half europe. In the first war vs austria, france, poland i burned 250.000 man. Sweden was 98% of game my truthful ally. Great britain 75% of the time, but never really helpful in wars.

Map of europe... my truthful long time ally conquered their way to middle east :)
Germany Europe.jpg

My colonies in north america. A third of the now owned territory was former spanish and french but had no chance versus the combined forces.
Germany USA.jpg

Full global map... eastern russia still not colonized. It seems russia/muscovy is the only one that colonize that region wich is a bit stupid.
Germany Global.jpg

My Germany run.
Midgame was a pain, france was allied with austria and hungary (second half of game emperor), austria was allied with france, poland and lithuania. And lithuania was allied with austria, poland and ottomans. Everytime i wanted some province grab i had to face half europe. In the first war vs austria, france, poland i burned 250.000 man. Sweden was 98% of game my truthful ally. Great britain 75% of the time, but never really helpful in wars.

Map of europe... my truthful long time ally conquered their way to middle east :)
View attachment 133652
My colonies in north america. A third of the now owned territory was former spanish and french but had no chance versus the combined forces.
View attachment 133654
Full global map... eastern russia still not colonized. It seems russia/muscovy is the only one that colonize that region wich is a bit stupid.
View attachment 133653

It makes sense if you think about it, Siberia's comparable to the Canadian interior- which wasn't colonized until the mid-to-late 1800s. Hell, Siberia wasn't really 'colonized' in the conventional sense of the word, Cossacks just... took it... because no one else had it

The benefit isnt that big if you colonize that area. But intead facing a giant ming or korea it might be worth going north and west to get more land and maybe meed a western muscovy to westernize. In my opinion its a bad decision to allow only AI muscovy to colonize that region to get a historical accurate russia and forbid central asia minors to colonize.
Like in many other decisions the game cant decide, if it want to be historical accurate of a flexible sandbox game.

It really looks like this region didnt get colonized when muscovy fails.

It makes sense if you think about it, Siberia's comparable to the Canadian interior- which wasn't colonized until the mid-to-late 1800s. Hell, Siberia wasn't really 'colonized' in the conventional sense of the word, Cossacks just... took it... because no one else had it
I know wikipedia is not the greatest source ever, but it's more credible then people like to admit and according to wikipedia there were people living there, not many but there definitely were people.

297DDBC865169C4EA6B6229B7176F84E55FCAE68
Unfortunately my expansion into Europe has been stymied by that Austro-Hungarian monstrosity. Right now I'm going to finish off the Mamluks, conquer Mesopotamia, and then make another push into Bosnia before my truce with Austria ends.

I like it! I can't wait to try my hand at Byzantium once I get more experience with the game!

Reactions: