• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
lcePOFX.jpg

Big Blue Blob in 1.13.0 acc0. I had to face a civil war for my queen, but it was well worth it. I didn't know that joining the HRE would make me a Duchy. Terrible mistake, but it was the first time I joined the HRE in this patch.

I tried really hard to get the inheritance of all Burgundy, but after doing the achievement I realised that it was unnecessary. I could've done it simply by taking more Russian territory and/or Livonian Order. Another option would be Ireland.

Last edited:
How did you get into Scooterland? No CB? Trade Conflict?

How did you get into Scooterland? No CB? Trade Conflict?
Sweden got its independence from Denmark. Denmark was allied to Friesland. I declared war on Friesland and got land from Denmark and Norway. Scotland was allied to Sweden.

nah, joining the hre wasn't really a mistake... I bet having german as an accepted culture group is worth it ;P (If you plan to form the hre, That is.)

lcePOFX.jpg

Big Blue Blob in 1.13.0 acc0. I had to face a civil war for my queen, but it was well worth it. I didn't know that joining the HRE would make me a Duchy. Terrible mistake, but it was the first time I joined the HRE in this patch.

I tried really hard to get the inheritance of all Burgundy, but after doing the achievement I realised that it was unnecessary. I could've done it simply by taking more Russian territory and/or Livonian Order. Another option would be Ireland.

I have been thinking about trying this achievement, but the AE in the newest 1.13 beta patch is crazy. I guess its not as bad if you grab faraway low dev provinces though. Did you ever get a coalition?

I have been thinking about trying this achievement, but the AE in the newest 1.13 beta patch is crazy. I guess its not as bad if you grab faraway low dev provinces though. Did you ever get a coalition?
No coalitions. In the first years, I took two provinces from Aragon. From one of them I released Catalunya. The reconquest of Catalunya gave me almost no AE. I improved relations to pretty much every german nation keeping them out of the coalition. Scotland, Norway and Russia are far away from the HRE, so they didn't care much.

XiPRRAe.jpg

So, finally in 1.13beta I did it. Not sure what to do next, Ceylon seems a lot harder, as does Luck of the Irish and Shahanshah.... probably that last one, though.

Ides: Religious, Influence, Quantity, Offensive, Espionage (yeah I know, useless), Trade, Quality

Attachments

• eu4_33.jpg
    eu4_33.jpg
    776,8 KB · Views: 48
And Shahanshah is a case of getting in when releasing Persia from Tabarestan was still allowed :p

Reactions:
Ceylon is actually only a question of knowing how to play the start :p

Well, I startscummed a bit with it and Vijay is unanimoulsy kicking its neighbours' asses before coming a'knockin' to my door. I've had one start where I had them low on troops and manpower, but Venad rejected CTA despite having a lot of points to the posivie to do that, which did cost me the war.
All in all, what I'm saying is, Ceylon is a lot more start-dependant than Albania due to the ability to get allies against your main foe. I did my Albania game from my first start (discounting the 3-4 starts I had in previous patches).

Well, I startscummed a bit with it and Vijay is unanimoulsy kicking its neighbours' asses before coming a'knockin' to my door. I've had one start where I had them low on troops and manpower, but Venad rejected CTA despite having a lot of points to the posivie to do that, which did cost me the war.
All in all, what I'm saying is, Ceylon is a lot more start-dependant than Albania due to the ability to get allies against your main foe. I did my Albania game from my first start (discounting the 3-4 starts I had in previous patches).
simply wait till they get into a fight with Orissa or Bahmanis, and then grab the OPMs on the southern coast (as they're in a war they likely won't win, they won't act on their warning), vassalizing Madurai (they have a ton of cores on Vijay) and annexing the rest, and sit around waiting on a Maduraian Seperatist revolt to happen in Vijay

Shahanshah is not at all hard - restart till you can get an alliance with QQ, wait for Timmy to go to war or 2, DoW Timmy, profit. After 1st war it's all downhill.

Ceylon was brutal for me so far, decided to go elsewhere.

Didn't try Albania or Irish yet.

simply wait till they get into a fight with Orissa or Bahmanis, and then grab the OPMs on the southern coast (as they're in a war they likely won't win, they won't act on their warning), vassalizing Madurai (they have a ton of cores on Vijay) and annexing the rest, and sit around waiting on a Maduraian Seperatist revolt to happen in Vijay

In the 15+ starts I did so far, Vijay trashes Bahmanis and Orissa without any trouble. At no point would they not act on their warning.

lcePOFX.jpg

ikkiks ! What in the name of Uesugi gods are you doing with France ??! I suppose you are about to 1-tag the world again with an easy start, just to check the increased coring/diploannexing costs in the new versions ??

ikkiks ! What in the name of Uesugi gods are you doing with France ??! I suppose you are about to 1-tag the world again with an easy start, just to check the increased coring/diploannexing costs in the new versions ??

He's probably going for the Big Blue Blob cheevo. It requires you, as France, to hold a hundred European core provinces by 1500. Scandinavia holds lands that are very cheap to core and so you have the best opportunity to complete the achievement if you expand in that direction.