• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Not that far off the truth, this game was way before when you could simpy pu someone through cb (ridiculous).
spain was a coincident, i just simply inherited it, russia was planned, as was the commonwealth, but denmarc, france and portugal were normal all out warfare ;)
srsly though, i must say creating vassals and feeding them is much easier and cost-effective

Check out my Sunset Empire.
Ironman, so I complete achievement "Sunset Invaison".
I guess I'm the first player, who ever did that.

UZ3riNj.jpg

lR1zOlq.png

Coincidentally, I was just scrolling through the start dates, looking at the historic progression of the Mughals. They certainly went up and down over the years. Are you allied with Persia? Your green is better than theirs. :D

No, I used to, but I had to take 3 regions from them so... Ottomans are my allies though. :D

And a second go as Brandenburg-Prussia.
74fFVpYl.jpg

higher resolution: http://i.imgur.com/74fFVpY.jpg

No Lucky nations, and look at those AI Ottomans! I had nothing to do with that (didn't even attack Austria for a long time).
Also, Hindustan. and of course spanish Kamchatka.
Russia and France found themselves in a random PU with me in 1780 (succession war with Portugal, which then had France in PU) and 1816 (after the Revolution)
Bloody coalition wars every few years since the 1620s, but the HRE needed to go and Poland is assimilated.

Ottoman Empire 1572. Crazy monthly income 35-ish, and that is with maxed naval and land limits. Everything converted to Sunni. Vassals are Tunisia Wallachia and Bosnia, kinda keeping the latter two as a buffer to might Austria-Hungary and I have yet to have a war with them. I plan to conquer North Africa next, possibly by forcing all the countries there to be my vassals. Then take whats left of mesopotamia and after that make my way north into Europe :) I have 3 ideas: the religious one, quality and trade idea.

c7teI5t.jpg

Honest question regarding that Aztec empire: I thought Ironman didn't work with mods? (Not that I mind either way, since I never use it and the map looks lovely. :) )

If the mod doesn't affect the checksum. For example, if you have a purely visual mod, then you can still play ironman. Anything that doesn't directly affect gameplay, basically.

My France in 1592. At this time France could be half way to world conquest, but I play with much increased AI bonues and a strict set of house rules. This setup makes the games much more historical plausible and challenging.
I am actually contained by a Castillian-Austrian-Alliance like in history. Austria integrated Hungary and will soon do the same with Poland. Castille recently integrated Portugal and is now the most powerful AI empire I have ever seen. Well, I helped them a little because they were my ally in countless wars against England over Europe and North America. But due to my expansion into Catalonia and a lot of border friction this situation inverted and I am now actually allied with England to deal with that threat.

k357xztx.png

gdmdsaxp.png

6eql7pb3.png

teigxzuo.png

Angevin.png

My CK2 campaign I converted. I started as William the Bastard and got a bit overzealous. Zoroastrianism and Orthodox Christianity are the only religions that really matter in Europe now, tehe.

Nassau is actually the Holy Roman Emperor, and there are a few Pagan tribes in the HRE -- Nassau somehow came into existance because reasons. O_O

Lithuania is Cuman/Orthodox because the Cumans conquered all of Russia and began to Tengriize it, but a bunch of Cuman vassals culture-swapped and revolted, and one guy (Grand Prince of Bryansk) conquered Russia back and became Tsar.. then he lost Kiev to a Greek vassal becoming Emperor.

Seljuks lost their crown to Zoroastrians, I landed one of their females as Duke of Seville, and well, she blobbed and became Spain.

So far I'm mostly worried about a war with Rome over some cores -- I hope to cut down the Aztecs eventually.

Habsburg.png

My current Habsburg campaign -- I'm in the mid-1600's.

I finally managed to finish my Granada game, to much stuff to do right now. Anyway, that's what I ended up with:

A1B5F07DEC90D2C277CFE4F77FB66E926BE36DD7

You can tell I was starved for admin points, didn't even manage to get to the last idea group. I cored a lot of stuff myself, had to break a lot of truces and reduce inflation MANY MANY times.

Anyway, welcome to the result of the Re-Reconquista, everything was made possible by the famous Granadan light ship fleet and countless amounts of mercenaries:

B1F0E3881DA233A29E22AAEEE12E3E331726015E

In the process we robbed the catholic church of many potential victims and converted the New World and the Africans to the One True Faith:

DE30CE0030EDA4526B6DD22234914B29CEF3FAE6

The only thing I'm really sorry about are the African left-overs. I was hoping I could diplo-vassalize Algiers, but those huge amounts of overseas provinces didn't really help. The Ottomans were a longtime ally and by the time they betrayed me I had to many enemies to go for them. I got myself a Mameluck core, but for some reason couldn't release them as a vassal. If I had, I might have tried to return their cores and annex.

Overall, this was probably the toughest and yet one of the most fun games I've played. I never gave up my Iberian holdings, worst-case I had four left (Granada, Cadiz, Gibraltar, Andalucia), although I suspect it would be way easier to run for Africa or South America. My force limits were a complete joke, I basicly was over the force limit all game. I westernized between ~1520-1560 and had my most dangerous moments during that period, since I had to almost bankrupt myself to survive two wars against Castille-Portugal-Austria. By about 1700 Austria united the scariest HRE I've ever seen, sporting a nice ~800.000-1.000.000 men under arms. They were allied with Castille and Portugal since basicly day one and kept that alliance until the end. I had to buy them out of every single war for huge amounts of money to be able to win against the Iberians - luckily my economy was going through the roof by 1600 (Gold maintained between 30-60% of my income for the hole game).

That's it. A great game all in all, only those missing parts of Africa really bother me. :-(

Last edited:
So I finally got around to finishing my Knights game on Hard/Ironman. I made a pact not to take a step back from the holy land, and my early conquests were Cyprus and the vassalisation of a North Africa minor, multiple wars with venica/mamluks (I got Crete at one point o_O) before eventually conquering Jerusalem and making it my capital. I regret not capturing Istanbul before the end but alas, the endless coalitions and huge Russian armies slowed my advance to a crawl. I'm still very happy with what I achieved, the Knights on Hard/Ironman aren't easy by any means.

Malta happened to revolt to me through nationalists ;).

A91D6D402AA7F2603C4A87FF37174DF6C4B20C04

8F48E1425CC7B7BAE2E7B4A2A4EC968D89AE8E40

7F4B50B13D3DF37826D60F39AE27403E316AA729

0D4A1D7795E10A17CA9F40CE08721B79A8AA0E4F

Last edited:
So I began as glorious Austria and all is good in the Empire.

37BB687D59A2E8CACE02180CD2C7E9889CE5EF3D

But wait... Barbarians to the north!

6B6088805B788E7279F75113949047548520C5BC

They must be eradicated for the good of all civilized peoples. I set out to gather allies...

89500FA740E0CE5DC46647DDA67E4A8D3CFE20FC
7A008516FF0FC60ED549D3B8EF3678C2FFBFA5A6
41E539D2485D1A79FC6CDDFDF80DCFED6D5FA9B3

and united the whole world against this Terror.

n3kqv5.png

The end of the Great East Frisian Threat

C8BF58265A29AF9165E46429729304C1A6B967DC
26C19DE88DCCB7D4480FF69EEF5171EDAD619090

Now the world can live in peace.

I finally managed to finish my Granada game, to much stuff to do right now. Anyway, that's what I ended up with:

A1B5F07DEC90D2C277CFE4F77FB66E926BE36DD7

You can tell I was starved for admin points, didn't even manage to get to the last idea group. I cored a lot of stuff myself, had to break a lot of truces and reduce inflation MANY MANY times.

Anyway, welcome to the result of the Re-Reconquista, everything was made possible by the famous Granadan light ship fleet and countless amounts of mercenaries:

B1F0E3881DA233A29E22AAEEE12E3E331726015E

In the process we robbed the catholic church of many potential victims and converted the New World and the Africans to the One True Faith:

DE30CE0030EDA4526B6DD22234914B29CEF3FAE6

The only thing I'm really sorry about are the African left-overs. I was hoping I could diplo-vassalize Algiers, but those huge amounts of overseas provinces didn't really help. The Ottomans were a longtime ally and by the time they betrayed me I had to many enemies to go for them. I got myself a Mameluck core, but for some reason couldn't release them as a vassal. If I had, I might have tried to return their cores and annex.

Overall, this was probably the toughest and yet one of the most fun games I've played. I never gave up my Iberian holdings, worst-case I had four left (Granada, Cadiz, Gibraltar, Andalucia), although I suspect it would be way easier to run for Africa or South America. My force limits were a complete joke, I basicly was over the force limit all game. I westernized between ~1520-1560 and had my most dangerous moments during that period, since I had to almost bankrupt myself to survive two wars against Castille-Portugal-Austria. By about 1700 Austria united the scariest HRE I've ever seen, sporting a nice ~800.000-1.000.000 men under arms. They were allied with Castille and Portugal since basicly day one and kept that alliance until the end. I had to buy them out of every single war for huge amounts of money to be able to win against the Iberians - luckily my economy was going through the roof by 1600 (Gold maintained between 30-60% of my income for the hole game).

That's it. A great game all in all, only those missing parts of Africa really bother me. :-(

That's an awesome Deconquista!

So I finally got around to finishing my Knights game on Hard/Ironman. I made a pact not to take a step back from the holy land, and my early conquests were Cyprus and the vassalisation of a North Africa minor, multiple wars with venica/mamluks (I got Crete at one point o_O) before eventually conquering Jerusalem and making it my capital. I regret not capturing Istanbul before the end but alas, the endless coalitions and huge Russian armies slowed my advance to a crawl. I'm still very happy with what I achieved, the Knights on Hard/Ironman aren't easy by any means.

Malta happened to revolt to me through nationalists ;).

Gah! You let yemen live in Socotra! fiend!