• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Knights of Italy reign supreme! Tunis and Fez are my vassals.

5o7.png

King Karl XI of Scandinavia and Great Britain, Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire, and Controller of the Curia. Karl XI - King Of the North?

D1EDC5CB941EE8EAC7CF1BF0859D1200B48380FB

My first attempt at Sweden ended with Russia steamrolling me by 1700, I have a feeling this attempt will be more successful.

Master of India Achievement with Great Britain.

It was mostly easy fighting the Indian nations, but for the last piece of the puzzle (Chittagong), I had to fight a massive war against Portugal, Castille, France and a few others. The unified HRE was on my side. Millions died in Europe so that I could take Chittagong on the other side of the planet!

EU4 Master of India Achievement.jpg

Just finished my last 10 years with Manchu/Ming the warmachine, long time allied with the mighty Kazan. The game ended when I was in a war with 54 countries with a positive warscore of 40%. I still cannot believe how I failed to get Sibir´s annoying provinces, oh well I´m not one for nice borders anyway. The world 1821 is one huge clusterfuck after all brainless wars from my side. Atleast Im neighbour with France (top right, thats not a lake) and Cyprus...
jqJkZNR.png

wXzKeQs.jpg

pKQ0mY7.jpg

Last edited:
Just got the game a few weeks back, so consider this my first post! :)

For my first game, I chose the Ottomans, and so far I've managed this:

8CC3C955D0D96A104955F111D6A6B03632415C55

I'm already annexing Wallachia (a vassal), and I'm finishing Westernization. The Mamlukes and Aq Qouyolunu are causes for concern--they HATE MY GUTS, and are in a coalition against me--but I should be able to hold my own if things get hairy. I'm building a few extra infantry and cannons, just in case.

I'm also improving relations with Venice, to keep my western borders relatively safe. If I keep in their good graces...who knows? Maybe I'll have a new friend to help against the unruly neighbors to the east. ;)

Playing as:
Hungary

Year:

Vassals:
Bosnia
Bulgaria
Moldavia
Ottomans
Serbia
Ukraine
Wallachia

Personal Unions:
Austria
Wurzburg (inherited through Austria)

Royal Marriages:
Austria
Bohemia (Emperor Holy Roman Empire)
France

Alliances:
Bohemia

Controller of the Curia:
Once. Current Controller is France. (they tried a PU on Hungary while Hungary was at war with the Ottomans. Talk about your scary moments, luckily they peaced out quickly. Something about half of Europe invading them :sleep:)

Prestige:
Significantly lowered, IIRC trying to prevent a religious war between Catholics and Protestants.
Can't we all just get along? (when I'm abroad liberating countries, helping out countries in trouble, being the good samaritan)

Upcoming Major Powers which may be a threat to Hungary's existence and life on earth as we know it:
Muscovi
Spain
The Mamluks

Bonusses:
Off

Lucky Nations:
Off

Mods:
Even Better Terra Incognita
Homo Sapiens
Indestructible Buildings
Ruler Traits
Tooltip Font Mod

Last edited:
King Karl XI of Scandinavia and Great Britain, Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire, and Controller of the Curia. Karl XI - King Of the North?

D1EDC5CB941EE8EAC7CF1BF0859D1200B48380FB

My first attempt at Sweden ended with Russia steamrolling me by 1700, I have a feeling this attempt will be more successful.

King in the North!

This is my first finished game(from 1444 to 1821) and managed to get the "Definitely the Sultan of Rum" and "Aggressive expander" achievments. Sphere of influence(managed to diplo-vassalize morocco about 5 years before the game ends)
7CFD8F14123A737047C84F219D9B64729BA485CA

This is currently my coalition:
1024x575.resizedimage

Noteworthy is that Muscowy is in a PU under Denmark

Last edited:
Here's my first attempt at Venice, rather than going to India, I decided to control the Levant.

c9xy.jpg

Here's the sphere of influence. My past vassals were Bosnia, Serbia, Corufu, Naxos, Athens, Trebizond, and Syria.

f88t.jpg

Here's the religion map. Notice how Hungary is Sunni. That's because Hungary overextended into the Ottomans, and then Sunni rebels ransacked Hungary because the AI couldn't manage rebels.

nea3.jpg

Here's my first attempt at Venice, rather than going to India, I decided to control the Levant.
c9xy.jpg

O_O Nice! How did you manage to completely absorb the Ottomans/Mamlukes?

my first post ever on this forum :D
lets see if i know how to get a screenshot up here
hopefully, youll see my austria game...pretty good, but nearing the end it got pretty boring, as noone could withstand a 1000000 strong army and stacks of 150-200k.
i probably could have gotten more territory, but as this was my first game ever and i didnt know the concept of vassal feeding, i cored most of it myself. looking back, that was some horrible coring costs :p
F5AAD78A5768A27224120BC0E9B88D7C5DC8F91E

EB5FB0A4B355A337AB37C34F5D8FCA5573A0EA83

I am very proud of this one i must say...there was one thing that infuriated me though.
Soona fter muscovy decided to form Russia, i decided it was time for a strong, orthodox ally, so i quickly married the new russian empress and allied myself with russia, thinkng of all the future possibilities such an arrangement would allow.
much to my dismay, somewhere along the way, i receive a notification that my good friend russia has decided to severe all ties with my. I was furious... and i didnt understand. I hadnt taken the black sea so as to not offend them, yet they suddenly declared me their rival. I noticed a bit later that somewhere along the way, probably in one of my many conquests of the mamelucks or something along those lines, russia had succumbed to sunni rebels, turning the biggest orthodoy power into a heathen bunch of...oh god i swore at that ^^
nonetheless, i got my achievement for this so im not all too upset :D
PS: Bosnia and walachia are my vassals, as is persia
8AAE8BB96F718206495508B6CE7A551BE80FE6ED

last but not least, my current game.
Ive got a coalition against me spread far and wide, not knowing why ;)
at least this time i didnt really core much myself, although i must say that converting the heathens to orthodoxy was much easier with the byzanthines! still, russia will spread out into ming with his shun vassal and probably take the land of the rising sun from the shoguns hands, with the help of its nice little vassal mandschu
5CEC1E98A2660DF02D13A9C6F1681C08674740A1

I wonder what happened in France & Spain...

Anyways, well done!

Interesting things from this game.

-Portugal and Aragon teamed up and ate Castille. It came back years later after rebelling, but Aragon wiped them out.

-France was the BBB, but then it got into suicidal war with Burgundy, who's allied with Portugal, Aragon, and the HRE. So then it's slowly getting smaller.

-Austria formed the HRE in the mid 1600s.

-Hungary became Sunni after overextending into former Ottoman territory.

-Poland switched government between noble republic and despotic monarchy a million times. Seriously Poland, make up your mind!

O_O Nice! How did you manage to completely absorb the Ottomans/Mamlukes?

I waited until the Ottomans were in a big war.

Basically, the Ottomans were fighting in the east with all their units there. So I used my galleys to blockade the Bosphorus, cutting off the Ottoman troops from their European lands. I slowly took Greece back, 3 provinces at a time. Keep in mind I had Poland, Lithuania, and Georgia as allies. The Ottomans shrank and then I ate it whole.

The same goes for the Mamlukes; wait for them to get in a big war, then strike. This time I released Syria as a vassal and fed provinces to it.

my first post ever on this forum :D
lets see if i know how to get a screenshot up here
hopefully, youll see my austria game...pretty good, but nearing the end it got pretty boring, as noone could withstand a 1000000 strong army and stacks of 150-200k.
i probably could have gotten more territory, but as this was my first game ever and i didnt know the concept of vassal feeding, i cored most of it myself. looking back, that was some horrible coring costs :p
F5AAD78A5768A27224120BC0E9B88D7C5DC8F91E

EB5FB0A4B355A337AB37C34F5D8FCA5573A0EA83

Nice, how did you expand like that? Just all out warfare?

Just finished my first full game of EU4! Or of any Paradox game for that matter. Check it! Got Songhai vassalized, Timurids in RM (which I have claimed) and would've taken over Cherokee if I had more time. Quite proud of myself as I never thought I'd do so well.
B91695E8172AA61CB39FE0576C244676D9B1140F

uXHxfEg.png