• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My French Empire! It's not WC but I'm very satisfied with what I got.

Europe: I got a PU with Britain, but I could never annex them since their colonial possessions make them bigger than me.
ikn2.jpg

French/British North America: These are all Britian's colonies
nzky.jpg

French Latin America: All these revolutionary states are my vassals.
ehww.jpg

French Africa: I didn't colonize Africa much. 'Got a few wars with Swahili and Hedjaz to make my borders at the Horn look pretty.
nq2v.jpg

gu1z.jpg

French West Indies and French Cathay: Orissa is my vassal and is Protestant. Zhou revolted and had a few provinces so that's how I got parts of Ming. Korea broke away from Japan so I swooped in and conquered! To be honest this game was more of a roleplay.

39rk.jpg

And here's the most Protestant Europe I've seen so far(From the same game).
7x9l.jpg

I'm very content with my BBB :)

Decided to give the old USA a spin. It was slightly boring except for the last war, honestly. I didn't use allies or play any coherent strategy, but it looks like conquering England might be a fun challenge (I certainly had plenty of money). I conquered Scotland from them, but I wanted to finish off North America more, so I just released them as a vassal even though I couldn't annex them in time. Dropping 60k troops on the Isles was a nice bit of schadenfreude, though.

Political, prior to releasing Scotland:
7zI5H5Q.jpg

Diplomatic:
lliFdga.jpg

eu4_2.png

Trying to get the Poland into Space achievement, and succeeded enormously, but now a bit stuck. Western Europe is not thoroughly thumping me with their better military units, while Russia and the Ottoman empire are ginormous. There is only 30 years left, so I'm pretty close to ending it.

View attachment 95369

Trying to get the Poland into Space achievement, and succeeded enormously, but now a bit stuck. Western Europe is not thoroughly thumping me with their better military units, while Russia and the Ottoman empire are ginormous. There is only 30 years left, so I'm pretty close to ending it.
seeing spain in kamchatka always pisses me off... and ottomania. what is the mongol khanate doing...

My Irish Empire:
eu4_1.png

eu4_map_IRE_1820_12_12_1.png

Started out as Munster, just going for the Luck of the Irish achievement. It was going well and I was having fun, so decided to keep going and see how far I could spread the green gloverfields of Ireland

Last edited:
I was about to make an AAR of this, but decided against because of a fear of failing. But against all the odds, the Knights of Italy have been very succesful so far! I'm allied with Austria, Venice and Spain. I have no colonies whatsoever. The Holy Father is under my (enforced) protection.

g5p0.png

F0ABCBD9A3B0CAE754B6E2BCDC3A55D95E71CD62

32A4934E32A22FCDD455D5FBC6E166B9AAE96F97

I guess i will post this allready because im the kind of person who can still mess this up.

Well, I think im just lucky with this game, I got Portugal and Austria PU'ed a few months after each other.
And Poland years after that.

You can seem my vassals in Italy :D
I left Castille alive so they can compete with Portugal (for me :D) in the Americas.

Everyone, hail the mighty Queen Alejandra of Aragon! Last of her Aragonese dynasty :p

Foul language removed - Seelmeister

Last edited by a moderator:
Coincidentally, I was just scrolling through the start dates, looking at the historic progression of the Mughals. They certainly went up and down over the years. Are you allied with Persia? Your green is better than theirs. :D

A Mamluks game. End date changed to Vic 2 start date because I wanted to grab the rest of the Caribbean. Color changed to blue because I like it more and that part of the world needs more variety! (No complaints, France.)
1836_01_01_zps67cbdbaa.jpg

The rest of Asia. Russia started taking Indonesia. Actually, they took some in India, too, before I took it from them.
1836_01_01b_zpsead1a216.jpg

Europe:
1836_01_01a_zps71daee81.jpg

I decided to leave Europe alone (other than stealing their colonies) and keep a Byz vassal buffer between us.

The Mamluks have a very nice starting position, I realized. Immediate access to the Indian Ocean, plenty of opportunity to vassalize the other small nations around, easy striking distance to many European majors once you have the north African coast, potential to PU Ottomans and Timurids. I was only able to PU the Timurids in 1750, however. If you're lucky and can get them both early on, there would be no issue in expanding right to the Pacific coast and also start into Europe, if you so desired. Fun game.

My current Ottoman game. Also my first proper Ironman game that I've promised to go all the way with.

Currently trying race history itself and reach (or be greater than) the size of IRL Ottoman Empire by 1590. Making good headway in Europe, managed to wrangle some cheeky claims on Italy, so on gearing up for a fully fledged invasion of Naples soon. However, the middle-east is giving the most trouble for expansion. Wallacia is a vassal, as is Dulkadir - whom I'm currently annexing, so I'll have a green blob soon enough.

Have also attached a map of the current state of the world if anyone is interested.

eu4_map_TUR_1536_05_30_1.png

Last edited:
My first ironman game and second game overall, the first only going 150 years or so.
NRMlRzY.jpg

Great Britain.
The north america is shared between me and France, i have a bit of africa and India is mine as vassals mostly. I'm in the process of taking Japan but it is slow going as they have a ton of provinces on the bloody island. Korea was freed and then vassalized by me and I'm also eyeing the Manchu.
My sphere of influence:
uDIhf6z.png

How do you vassalize bigger nations? I can't seem to vassalize anyone with more than 3-4 provinces ?
And how does the production thing work, where do you build them to get the most profit?

Last edited:
screenshots

screenshots

screenshots

Here are some images of my Bavarian Empire, I haven't played very long, and the Holy Roman Emperor passed the landfriede :mad:, I knew where it was heading so I left the empire. The only thing I am having trouble with is that I was stuck with a 1/0/1 leader for a while, so I have low diplo-tech, and my force limit is only about 23 or my army and about 4 for my navy. Is there an easy way to increase the force limit?

DvsHGV0.jpg

Palatinate>Germany

My best EUIV game yet. Formed Germany, dipplovassalized Poland and Lithuania, got a lucky PU with Muscovy and forced PUs with Denmark and France

[video=youtube;0pwc0klMRSQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pwc0klMRSQ[/video]