• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Why CO brings only cosmetic-DLCs? Because they are working on a new game, release in 2017.
Look back to CiM and CiM2, you can see the same pattern!

I sure hope so. I just wish they would focus more on patches to this game so the next will be be better off. But I understand more people want DLC than not.

Reactions:
ALL 4 SEASONS on all maps might be a bit of a nightmare for memory management also, not everyone has ideal specs. Imagine all the mods having to support that too.

Reactions:
I'm just bumping this thread, people should keep voting.
I'd like to keep the conversation alive even after Snowfall's release. Then we'll have all the info and proper justification to discuss the content.

We'll see in a week

Reactions:
Snowfall's new features are a total disappointment to me. The snow looks like a problem that the snowplows will be absolutely incompetent at solving. The heating assets will be too costly and won't give us enough heat, we'll have to build too many. Plus where's the natural gas heating? The trams will be another public transport joke except this time they'll cause nothing but traffic headaches. I wouldn't use them at all knowing they'll be as poorly programmed as buses and the metro trains. I already use the Extended Public Transport UI mod so not really anything new there for me. I do actually like that they're finally incorporating good mods into the core game but so far too few.

I really am disappointed with the After Dark Tourism and Leisure additions. Only low density buildings that give out weak income, not hardly worth zoning and building. The Tourism districts are really poor at income production. Plus for large cities with large populations Tourism breaks and the Space Elevator has always been broken in large cities. I want to see improvements in the core game that allow us to build large cities with large populations.

I'm making one right now trying to reach 1 million Cims. I'm over half way there at 575K and have had to overcome a district limit. Always some limit to overcome. After I finish that and my Skylines video series I'm going back to Cities XXL where I have two cities with populations of over 2 and 3 million and want to make more to make rail connections for intercity trade. I already have the two trading by air since they're on different continents. Plus Cities XXL is far less frustrating. With Snowfall it's game over for Skylines for me.

Reactions:
I think people are being too harsh on CO. They're still learning and are nowhere as remotely as bad as Kalypso. Hopefully they'll respond to the concerns by the community by making a compromise, such as a post-release patch that extends the elements.

Reactions:
Yes, gamers are impatient. And I am also growning impatient. Snowfall is a theme and nothing more. I like the theme editor and belive that is the right approach in map creation. I will repeat everything what was already said. CO, take your time in calibrating the game. I can imagine how annoying that is :D but it is the only way to maintain the game properly. There are several bugs and not-working things.
I had mention about the system in my previous comments. The economy of supply and demand created by ballance of zones is the only truly working system and CO should build on it. More resources, longer production chains, more types of goods and different demands of different buildings atc. (Yes, I love Anno 1404)
Total revolution is needed for all cargo facilities. Cargo hub with the tiniest road next to it makes me cry. I remember Transport giant and those upgrade slots in each station. I would love to see huge cargo facilities specialized for different goods, together with warehouses roads and traintracks. Cargo facilities has like 20 entrances for trucks. Cities skylines cargo hub has one in and one out.

I always drive off-topic :D sorry for that.

Reactions:
I don't need to wait a week. Having watched the hour and a half gameplay stream, I've seen all that I need to know. It's a good DLC imo. The rain looks great and the snow is very effective - I actually felt cold watching it. I particularly like the new Theme editor. I'm going to have a lot of fun with that! The introduction of an extended public transport UI is a nice touch too.
I voted against your motion because I have zero interest in a seasonal cycle. A weather cycle on either a snow map (sun/fog/snow) or sunny map (sun/fog/rain) is sufficient for me.

Reactions:
I don't need to wait a week. Having watched the hour and a half gameplay stream, I've seen all that I need to know. It's a good DLC imo. The rain looks great and the snow is very effective - I actually felt cold watching it. I particularly like the new Theme editor. I'm going to have a lot of fun with that! The introduction of an extended public transport UI is a nice touch too.
I voted against your motion because I have zero interest in a seasonal cycle. A weather cycle on either a snow map (sun/fog/snow) or sunny map (sun/fog/rain) is sufficient for me.

Thanks for being an active member of the I-like-it party. So far, I believe a lot of them have not participated in the poll, which speaks against what I'd like to prove here. Apparently, it's mostly the discontent folks here that speak up.

So again, thanks for showing us that there are people who are satisfied with what they get.

Reactions:
Give some people the moon and they'll want the stars too. I agree that Summer & winter are sufficient. I want the game to run smoothly on my pc. The ridiculously high expectations set by such a vocal minority for what is a sensibly priced game astounds me. Cities Skylines is a great game- its far from perfect but it is a work in progress. Some perspective is required- the majority who play the game do so on mid range computers- not high end bells and whistles rigs. They game has to be playable and within the reach of the masses. I've clocked up over 1000 hours so far- that is pretty good value for money in anyone's book! I was initially sceptical regarding Snowfall but having watched some of the latest youtube reviews- amateurish though they might be- I've seen enough for my cold reception towards the new content thaw. CO have contributed to the lukewarm response to the Snowfall launch due to poor communication lack of clarity and detail to date. Look out for an avalanche of new mods/assets when Snowfall drops later in the week. Now please stop carping on and just play the game- you wanted snow and rain- you've got it!

Reactions:

Agree with your comments. Unrealistically high expectations from the vocal minority who get carried away. CSkylines is a great game- a work in progress that just keeps getting better Winter and summer are sufficient for gameplay

A weather cycle on either a snow map (sun/fog/snow) or sunny map (sun/fog/rain) is sufficient for me.

But tell me, how important is realism to you? I can only speak for myself, but a realistic simulation, calculating a changing weather and the seasons' different influences on a city would greatly increase my personal immersion in this game. Even though I know it can skyrocket the GPU/ CPU and whatnot usage, it would still be an expansion, not needed to play the game on a low-end PC.
But that's not the point.
Don't you want to play this game in a realistic dynamic setting?

Well, maybe it really is just an idealistic dream.:confused:

Reactions:
Snowfall's new features are a total disappointment to me. The snow looks like a problem that the snowplows will be absolutely incompetent at solving. The heating assets will be too costly and won't give us enough heat, we'll have to build too many. Plus where's the natural gas heating? The trams will be another public transport joke except this time they'll cause nothing but traffic headaches. I wouldn't use them at all knowing they'll be as poorly programmed as buses and the metro trains. I already use the Extended Public Transport UI mod so not really anything new there for me. I do actually like that they're finally incorporating good mods into the core game but so far too few.

I really am disappointed with the After Dark Tourism and Leisure additions. Only low density buildings that give out weak income, not hardly worth zoning and building. The Tourism districts are really poor at income production. Plus for large cities with large populations Tourism breaks and the Space Elevator has always been broken in large cities. I want to see improvements in the core game that allow us to build large cities with large populations.

I'm making one right now trying to reach 1 million Cims. I'm over half way there at 575K and have had to overcome a district limit. Always some limit to overcome. After I finish that and my Skylines video series I'm going back to Cities XXL where I have two cities with populations of over 2 and 3 million and want to make more to make rail connections for intercity trade. I already have the two trading by air since they're on different continents. Plus Cities XXL is far less frustrating. With Snowfall it's game over for Skylines for me.

Wow a voice in the wilderness. The only positive supporter of CITIES XXL. It must be lonely out there lol

My own personal wish is for a fully immersive 3d virtual reality city that I can truly interact with... sight sound smell - reality check- I'll just have to make do with Cities Skylines Snowfall expansion and the lovely rain which looks so good on those roads. Maybe my dream will come true around 2026

My own personal wish is for a fully immersive 3d virtual reality city that I can truly interact with... sight sound smell - reality check- I'll just have to make do with Cities Skylines Snowfall expansion and the lovely rain which looks so good on those roads. Maybe my dream will come true around 2026

We'll have to wait for quantum computers.:D

Reactions:
Give some people the moon and they'll want the stars too.
It is really more of a case of charge people for the moon and they will want the moon. There are a number of city simulation game fans who are more interested in depth of simulation than how the game looks. Many of us bought AD because it was described as an enhancement to the tourism, crime and economic simulations. But it did none of those things. It is great that you enjoy CS and it has become clear that it is not, and never will be, a game for those of us that like deep simulation. That is fine, no game can please everyone. But we do have a legitimate complaint with CO and some of us want to be heard on our way out the door.

Reactions:
some people think that they are the only ones that should speak there minds on here well it"s a good thing they don"t have the power to stop anyone from complaining about abug filled game like this one and good luck to you mutononnnoir maybe change your handle to dreamer fits you more

Reactions: