• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It is really more of a case of charge people for the moon and they will want the moon. There are a number of city simulation game fans who are more interested in depth of simulation than how the game looks. Many of us bought AD because it was described as an enhancement to the tourism, crime and economic simulations. But it did none of those things. It is great that you enjoy CS and it has become clear that it is not, and never will be, a game for those of us that like deep simulation. That is fine, no game can please everyone. But we do have a legitimate complaint with CO and some of us want to be heard on our way out the door.

£9.99 won't get you very far on your journey to the moon...

Before I forget, put me in the 'satisfied camp'

I also want to point out, day/night cycle was the #1 single most requested feature for CSL from the very moment the game released last year (the game isn't even 1 years old yet!)
We got that plus some new mechanics for $13 less than 1/2 year into the game's life.

Now I agree I feel like patching out/fixing bugs/issues like tourism, adding more transport/connection options seem to have fallen off their radar list of things to do but hints are we will get some of those addressed soon , probably with the 'free' patch when the DLC comes out.

Reactions:
Wow a voice in the wilderness. The only positive supporter of CITIES XXL. It must be lonely out there lol

Cities XXL is still better than Skylines. It's just as lonely playing Skylines as XXL. Just got the free Snowjob update and my city of 895,000 Cims won't open because of some new problem Snowjob has brought to the game.

Reactions:
I kinda like the patch and DLC. First of all, the cost/features/bugs ratio is far better than in recent patches and DLC in CK2 and EU4, where the patch often messes up parts of the game as a core feature or unintended side-effect.

The trams are quite OP, and I have found myself cutting the number of metro and bus lines by half. In a city of slightly under 30.000 that I have built so far after snowfall, I have only 4 bus lines and 1 metro line but 5 tram lines. And the coverage and modal usage is excellent.

The weather effects, including the shiny pavements resulting from the rain, are quite nice. Shame for the ugly/buggy cliff textures and the lack of sounds (it rains, snows, etc., same old bird chirps).

Reactions:
My opinion on the matter:
I think the eternal winter maps are interesting.

At the same time, however, I would definitely love seasons (at least winter and summer)
with winter = low temperatures + possible snow/fall
summer = higher temperatures
and spring/fall something in-between
and maybe higher tourism in summer

But well, maybe the Snowfall DLC is one step towards the implementation of a seasons system

Reactions:
So, CO, 69-8.

I would like to tell you that I bought Snowfall, because I still want to support you.
I have been told, the only way to show you that I don't like your costumer care policy is by not buying the expansion.
I being an idealistic -maybe naive- guy still believe in communication.
I can tell you, that you shouldn't assume everyone who's bought snowfall likes everything in it, at least not me.
In other words, don't measure your succes solely by the sales figures, but rather by the people complaining.

I strongly hope this outcry going through the forum will eventually change your stubborn way of choosing in which direction this game will develop.

Chirpie hats...

Last edited:
Reactions:
So, CO, 69-8.

I would like to tell you that I bought Snowfall, because I still want to support you.
I have been told, the only way to show you that I don't like your costumer care policy is by not buying the expansion.
I being an idealistic -maybe naive- guy still believe in communication.
I can tell you, that you shouldn't assume everyone who's bought snowfall likes everything in it, at least not me.
In other words, don't measure your succes solely by the sales figures, but rather by the people complaining.

I strongly hope this outcry going through the forum will eventually change your stubborn way of choosing in which direction this game will develop.

Chirpie hats...
Just by way of providing a wider context, outside of the echo chamber this forum resembles at the moment, the user response seems positive so far:

steam1.png

In fairness, if you read the actual reviews a lot of them say they would prefer snow on all maps, but they are positive anyway - it's not that big of a deal to most players....

Reactions:
Just by way of providing a wider context, outside of the echo chamber this forum resembles at the moment, the user response seems positive so far:

View attachment 159431

In fairness, if you read the actual reviews a lot of them say they would prefer snow on all maps, but they are positive anyway - it's not that big of a deal to most players....
Yes, the people who bought the DLC are probably mostly positive to its features and price tag. That's, you know, why the buy it in the first place. The people who don't like what it offers tend to not buy it, and thus not write reviews.

I wonder what the ratings would look like if every CS player was given the DLC to play for free for 48 hours and then voted.

Reactions:
You could compare all the positive user reviews on steam with the downvotes on this forum.

Right now it's 82% of 117 user reviews, so 95, that are postitive versus 76 negative downvotes here.

I assume most of the upvoters on steam have bought it and most people downvoting here haven't.

If you put it that way, it's quite balanced so far.

Reactions:
You could compare all the positive user reviews on steam with the downvotes on this forum.

Right now it's 82% of 117 user reviews, so 95, that are postitive versus 76 negative downvotes here.

I assume most of the upvoters on steam have bought it and most people downvoting here haven't.

If you put it that way, it's quite balanced so far.

Steam reviews don't count the people who've already decided not to buy it, right? ;)

My guess is that an aweful lot of people who downvote aren't buying the game.

Reactions:
Steam reviews don't count the people who've already decided not to buy it, right? ;)

My guess is that an aweful lot of people who downvote aren't buying the game.

Yep, since you can only write a user review when you've bought a game.
Therefore, all of the reviewers have bought the game, little inconsistency on my part.

Last edited:
Not really. You don't actually need to buy a game to argue that it contains too little content for its price. That's a valid review by itself.

I don´t think so ...
because, if you actually play a game you may discover that it may contain little content,
but that the content is connected to so intricate gameplay, that it keeps you addicted for hours.
So any "review" of such a game that is only made based on statistical informations like "content",
made by people who never actually played the game, is clearly misleading for potential buyers

Reactions:
I don´t think so ...
because, if you actually play a game you may discover that it may contain little content,
but that the content is connected to so intricate gameplay, that it keeps you addicted for hours.
So any "review" of such a game that is only made based on statistical informations like "content",
made by people who never actually played the game, is clearly misleading for potential buyers

Considering that the content consists of previously used rethemed mechanics (with the possible exception of trams), I'd say we got a pretty damn good idea even without playing.

Reactions:
Considering that the content consists of previously used rethemed mechanics (with the possible exception of trams), I'd say we got a pretty damn good idea even without playing.

You may get an idea ... but nevertheless your opinion will never be as well founded as the review of someone who really has played the DLC.
Also remember that Steam doesn´t only house Cities: Skylines and its DLCs, but also numerous other games.

Steam customers won´t be helped if, when looking for opinions on a game, they first have to scroll through dozens of reviews by people, who just watched a game video
or game screenshots and then felt entitled to write a bad review of the game, fopr example because the graphics look horrible or the number or units (as drescribed on a games page) are too few ... without having actually played the game.
(SImilarly the customers will be as misled by reviewers who only watched a game video and then write a review that the game is great, just because the graphics in the game video look great)

Reactions:
FYI, road maintenance is basically a freebie to existing city owners to improve congestion by giving all vehicles a speed boost. this doesn't even exist in reality as your roads can't 'break' they simply go back to normal speed if you don't have maintenance vehicle go through them. Imagine waking up tomorrow and having government announce a new pavement material allowing cars to travel faster at no extra risk. lol.

I also find temperatures now matter even in non snowfall cities. I was trying to figure out why I was using so much power before realizing my European city was still using heat during the night and the day when temperatures dip to around 15 degrees C and below.

Reactions: