• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

co_avanya

Community Manager at Colossal Order
Community Ambassador
QA
Colossal Order Dev
1 Badges
Jan 4, 2021
  • Colossal Order Staff
Hi all! We have a small patch today with the fixes listed below.

Bug fixes
  • Fixed: Nullreference error when selecting an airport without owning Airports
  • Fixed: Line of flying cargo trucks toward cargo stations/harbors/airports
    This fix only affects newly spawned vehicles, all vehicles spawned before will have the unintended behavior until they eventually despawn. It may take around 15 min before all trucks are gone.
  • Fixed: Industries trucks do not enter/exit cargo stations correctly
  • Fixed: Trucks getting stuck in a loop at cargo stations
  • Fixed: Articulated Biofuel Bus trailer requires Natural Disasters not Green Cities
  • Fixed: New commercial buildings satisfying too much commercial demand
  • Fixed: Industry buildings unable to get rid of their goods

If you play on MacOS: Please note this update isn't available yet, we're working on getting it your way as soon as possible. The patch is now available on MacOS as well.

Last edited:
  • 12Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
There is a bug I guess. I can place wind power turbines, water pumps etc outside the city limits?
Not a bug, you probably have a mod that let's you build structures outside the city limits, I do, can't imagine how the game doesn't allow utility structures outside the limits of the city, who wants pumps, windmills, sewage, toll roads right next to houses? I've had that mod for YEARS, I hope that modder does a day one thing for CS2, I love that mod. I'm shocked CO didn't put it in the base game of CS2.

• 3Like
Reactions:
  • Fixed: Industry buildings unable to get rid of their goods
Does this mean that constant waves of "not enough buyers" are finally over? :cool:
Hi all! We have a small patch today with the fixes listed below.

Bug fixes
  • Fixed: Nullreference error when selecting an airport without owning Airports
  • Fixed: Line of flying cargo trucks toward cargo stations/harbors/airports
    This fix only affects newly spawned vehicles, all vehicles spawned before will have the unintended behavior until they eventually despawn. It may take around 15 min before all trucks are gone.
  • Fixed: Industries trucks do not enter/exit cargo stations correctly
  • Fixed: Trucks getting stuck in a loop at cargo stations
  • Fixed: Articulated Biofuel Bus trailer requires Natural Disasters not Green Cities
  • Fixed: New commercial buildings satisfying too much commercial demand
I don't want to be rude but all these issues clearly indicate that CO better hire some more QA testers. People from Reddit can do it even for free because of love towards CS1. I mean, no one really started the game (on PC or Xbox/PS) before releasing previous patch to see the flying cars? Seriously?..

• 1Like
Reactions:
I let it run for some time speed 3. Is it 15 minutes speed 1 or 15 minutes speed 3 lol?
I let mime run for quite some time and found the facility was still spawning broken trucks that fly across the map, even when I turned it off. What I ended up doing is demolishing and rebuilding it and the issue was solved.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'll at the very least pop in here and let you know when it's live

Well, I have good news and I have bad news:

The good news is that the cargo terminals work properly again and so do the cargo airports as well - both even a bit better than before.

The bad news is that now my trains clog up at the map border. This looks like a bug back in these days. mostly about version 1.1 or 1.2.

I'll send a report to the bug forum.

Edit: This can be disregarded! My exports were to high the whole time and now, it seems that I simply hit the ceiling. So, only the good news remain. ;)

Best regards,
sys

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
It sounds like you have too many train stations?

Train tracks have limited capacity, so if you build too many, they will backup.

You may want to segregate your tracks and/or reduce train stations.

Make sure local transportation, like metro, subways, etc. don't get on the cargo tracks, to help reduce traffic.

Remember that outside connection are train stations themselves, so they behave the same as the train stations in your city and slowly despawn and spawn trains.

The vanilla maps have only a maximum of 4 outside connections, so you can segregate all of them separately.

There is also a mod that allows more outside connections, if you want to go the mod route..

• 1Like
Reactions:
It sounds like you have too many train stations?

Train tracks have limited capacity, so if you build too many, they will backup.

You may want to segregate your tracks and/or reduce train stations.

Make sure local transportation, like metro, subways, etc. don't get on the cargo tracks, to help reduce traffic.

Remember that outside connection are train stations themselves, so they behave the same as the train stations in your city and slowly despawn and spawn trains.

The vanilla maps have only a maximum of 4 outside connections, so you can segregate all of them separately.

There is also a mod that allows more outside connections, if you want to go the mod route..
Hi Mark,

I know about these issues, so I already built my city with a limited amount of freight train stations: 3 freight train stations where I can't cut the outside connections without rebuilding my whole rail system as well as 1 where I theoretically could..

There is also a cargo airport with train connection that can only recieve trains from the outside as well as from the city's own cargo stations. (In theory, this cargo hub could send trains to the far end of the map, but I'm sure it'll prefer sending cargo planes instead.)

The city worked fine for over a year before the current patches seems to have changed its behaviour, I had only issues once when I got rid of my cargo airports (the one with the train connection as well as a classic one), because the planes tended to stack up and freeze once in a while. I changed this immedietly when I realized that I had too many cargo trains, so I reverted back and the situation changed for the better again.

Now, I get into this situation no matter what, so I assume that something must have happened after the update and the following patches.

Either they increased the number of freight trains significantly (this might be possible as it looks like that train stations process trucks a bit faster now) or they lowered the city border's processing speed.

Sadly, rebuilding my city's train system from scratch would be like racing a bulldozer through my most developed areas, so if they don't patch this changed behaviour, my only hope will be the mod you've mentioned. (Or it is simply time to start another city...?)

Nonetheless, thank you for trying to help me. I've filed a bug report and wait for CO's answer. Then I can decide what's next to try.

Best regards,
sys

• 1Like
Reactions: