Open Beta Patch 1.11.4 (Steam Only) (Updated Mk4) - Checksum b22c

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just btw, current beta patch has a typo in defines on breakthrough involving SPG, iirc., so it won't be the way Paradox wants it till the 'final' 1.11.4 patch, unless there's a round 4, which isn't the intent we've heard from Paradox so far.
Wait.. I thought that only the tank variants for the support company will get those breakthrough debuff. But do you mean whole SPGs for regular battalions also get those debuff? What about the TD variants?

Portraits and characters, broken focuses in Polish, Portuguese, Spanish and Turkish focus trees, applying basic fixes for diplomatic alliances and policy "my enemy is your enemy, let's be best friends", for example

Divisions not joining orders they've been assigned to

Here's one I can't recall seeing reference to before. A week or so ago (when the French situation got a bit dire) I assigned five division from French North Africa to a fallback line in a somewhat desperate attempt to stem the German hordes. When I fired up the game today, though, I noticed they hadn't arrived yet and, on closer examination, noticed they hadn't even started moving. While a perfectly reasonable course of action if the virtual divisions have gone sentient (it's not a front I'd want to join), I can't see a sensible in-game reason why they're not moving. Note that this appears to be an isolated example - most divisions are doing what they're told.

As best I can tell, it's an "unable to find valid path to target" issue (but this isn't showing without giving the divs a 'kick'), but it's not clear why this is the case, given supply appears available, and even if it wasn't available, I would expect them to at least try and get as close to the target as possible.

As always, am very sorry if it's WAD, a duplicate, or I've messed up some othere way.

Game version: 1.11.4.69fb
Checksum: b4f8

Repro steps:
1) Load attached save.
2) Right-click on the fallback order to the immediate west of Met, and observe, as per the first screenshot, five divisions with suspiciously high org for divisions being mauled by the Wehrmacht - with no indication that they have any issues.
3) Right-click on one of the high-org divs in "Metropolitan Gn", and observe, as per the second screenshot, it's sitting in Africa.
4) Observe in the top bar that France has convoys available to transport division.
5) Press F2 and observe, as per the third screenshot, France is allowing traffic through the Western Med, and has naval superiority there.
6) Press F4 and observe, as per the fourth screenshot, there is still supply remaining in the province in question.
6) Advance time a day or so while observing the recalcitrant divisions, and observe they don't do anything.
7) Click on one of the recalcitrant divisions, and give it a movement order (click into an adjacent province) and then cancel it, and observe, as per the fifth screenshot, that they now get a "unable to find valid path to target" error.
8)

Screenies in spoiler to minimise post size.
1638852214218.png

1638852680406.png

1638852759681.png

1638852958181.png

1638853078847.png

Attachments

• FRA - Divs not moving.7z
    1,1 MB · Views: 0
Reactions:
Out-of-supply information not appearing in division pop-up

As always, sorry if dupe/WAD/etc (and sorry for the double-post as well). One of the great things a historical playthrough as France allows for is testing being encircled - in this instance and a few others I've noted on the map having either "mild" (the boxes) or "extreme" (the boxed and a red exclamation mark) alerts for out of supply units, but when bring up the unit tooltip through the Army UX element, it doesn't display any out of supply information.

Repro steps:

1) Load attached save.
2) Find the two Heavy Divisions encircled near Chateuroux, as per the first screenshot.
3) Press F4 to bring up the supply mapmode.
4 )Hover over the divs and observe as per the first screenshot that they're only receiving 12% of their necessary supply.
5) Click on the divs to bring up the Army UI, as per the second screenshot, and observe there are no out-of-supply indicators showing.
6) Hover over either of the encircled divs to bring up the tooltop.
7) Observe as per the second screenshot, not out-of-supply information in the tooltip.
8) Change tack to the encircled units at Rouen (I know, I'm at the peak of my game here :p) and click on them, and observe that the supply info is shoing in some situations, as per the third screenshot.

Screenies in spoiler to make visible post size smaller.
1638853983702.png

1638854125083.png

1638854513820.png

As an aside, I love how the cutting of the rail lines affects the French supply network (as a gameplay mechanic - obviously for my poor French army in this playthrough, it's more of a bittersweet thing!) :)

Attachments

• FRA - supply info missing from div tt.7z
  • 1Like
Reactions:
in this instance and a few others I've noted on the map having either "mild" (the boxes) or "extreme" (the boxed and a red exclamation mark) alerts for out of supply units, but when bring up the unit tooltip through the Army UX element, it doesn't display any out of supply information.
I've noticed the same playing SOV with 1.11.4 b4f8. Chalked it up as a fluke at the time.

Reactions:
Ships in port can still block hub supply in Allied ports

This looks to be the same as or at least a related issue to the one that cropped up with the initial launch build, but only in Allied ports (I haven't noticed it in my own ports).

Repro steps:
1) Load attached save, and scroll the map to Asmara in Eritrea.
2) Press F4 to bring up the supply map.
3) Hover over the province (not the division with the "mild" supply alert) and observe, as per the first screenshot, there is plenty of available hub supply in Asmara.
4) Hover over the French division in Asmara and observe, as per the second screenshot, that the division is only receiving "state" supply.
5) Press F2 and switch over to the naval map.
6) Select the French fleet in Asmara, pop a 'hold' order on, and order them out to see, as per the third screenshot.
7) Start time, and advance until the French fleet are happily at sea, and give it a few days so the supply calcs are re-run.
8) Press F4, and hover over the division in Asmara again.
9) Observe, as per the fourth screenshot, the division is receiving hub supply.

Screenies in spoiler:
1638858207221.png
1638858254295.png

1638858359436.png

1638858454634.png

Attachments

• FRA - ships block hub supply in allied ports.7z
  • 1Like
Reactions:
UI bug is smth new, but strike force not coming for aid was like that in previous versions as well - I thought it is related to the length of battle. I mentioned that taskforce are hesitant to join if they risk to arrive too late before last enemy ship retreats. This e.g. prevents your core fleet reacting to every sub convoy engagement, which would be super annoying e.g. for Indochina as Japan
They need to add a toggle to the Strike Force to determine what kinds of enemy ships it should respond to.

• 5Like
Reactions:
Well, Japan started war with USA because they believed they could just break their spirit by sinking Pacific fleet, that was all they hoped for, no other plans - most of clever army stuff knew they had no chance vs USA, but they still started it anyway. Although in WW1 - but Russia sent big battle fleet across the globe for it just to be sunk by Japanese in a single battle. France ignored whole German army stuck in rush hour and mud for days, when they could literally bomb them and end WW2 before it even started. Germans allowed Britain to evacuate 300k soldiers from Dunkirk just because Goering asked Hitler to let him finish them from air and screwed up. US ignored any warnings prior the Pearl Harbor attack, either official statements from drills before the WW2 or tons of alleged intel.

I mean - if you know how many extremely stupid history making decisions were made in WW2 irl, you can totally believe that AI is "immersive enough"

As I say before, a little bit of madness or overconfidence is absolutely fine. Bad decisions in history? Yeah, they exist, many of them, but whats the point for the game? Most of your examples are also operative decisions, not strategic ones. The AI make decisions here, that end the campaign on the strategic level and that is bad for the game. It's not fun when the AI turns the major enemy or possible strong enemy in the campaign to some kind of joke, with some unnecessary, suicidal war declarations.
I talk about major strategic decisions that are not comprehensible and that are easy to avoid for the AI, if the devs implement some "if-then-else" choices, so the AI can react - just a little bit - to actual gameplay. I don't talk about a mastermind AI, that also fix every operative decision with ease... But the AI should be able to make some simple strategic decisions (delay war X for at least Z months, because I need troops for Y), based on simple tresholds. That will not lead to perfect decisions, but perfection is not the point here.

Reactions:
The AI loves spamming fighters and nothing else except for a littel cas. the majors should at least try to harass each others naval supply lines with NAVs and TACs

• 1Like
Reactions:
As an aside, I love how the cutting of the rail lines affects the French supply network (as a gameplay mechanic - obviously for my poor French army in this playthrough, it's more of a bittersweet thing!) :)

I adore this feature too, although I discovered what was going on the hard way :D
I now seek to understand the map much more thoroughly before engaging. Terrain, weather and supply are the biggest hurdles, as they were historically.

Reactions:
Navy supply system absolutely broken:

Close navy region and your fleet cant supply.
9d225893fef1aaf6a848f8975aefb707.jpg

I cannot fight in a region through which I have forbidden the passage of a merchant convoy???

Little fleet stay in Sherbur (UK in my alliance) and naval from karrier take 67% penalty from supply. 82.3% lack of fuel btw.
6fd8d5e018da791fc8c73080cd7719e2.png

• 4Like
Reactions:
Fleet management broken:

Select any ships and click to any provinces/port in yellow/red region. ONE click without shift+click.

dfcfa0d217a12e973bf6ed1dba8acfa5.png

52243513823cd6d9654c05e0ac661c88.png

03caecc2904de9e6a4a4c4cabdf22c83.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Any word on the 2D models in the tank designer not properly automatically reflecting the parts added to a chassis? In my testing I kept on getting my "Use Best Match" option defaulted to a casemate TD/SPG despite not building anything close to the sort. I've already written a bug report on it, but I'm not sure if it was seen or not. Sorry to bother!

Attachments

• download.png
    download.png
    765,6 KB · Views: 0
Reactions:
The Gobi Gambit increase consumer goods factories by 4% instead of decreasing it by 1%. So now its 5% CG to 9% in 1.11.4 instead to 4% like in 1.11.2 was 10% to 9%.
Probably due to fixed value of 5 year plan. Please check if its working as intended (but i am pretty sure its not),

Reactions: