Open Beta Patch 1.11.4 (Steam Only) (Updated Mk4) - Checksum b22c

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@MatRopert Are there any plans to fix soviet opposition paths?
I'm afraid that question is both vague and addressed to the wrong person.
All I can tell is that the changelog for 1.11.4 is close to final, so if your issue isn't fixed in the open beta and not a regression from said version, I'm afraid it'll have to wait another patch. At this stage it is likely that we will have follow-up 1.11.5 patch some time in early 2022, possibly with another open beta over Christmas.
Just to be sure, have you made a bug report?

• 4Love
  • 2Like
Reactions:
I'm afraid that question is both vague and addressed to the wrong person.
All I can tell is that the changelog for 1.11.4 is close to final, so if your issue isn't fixed in the open beta and not a regression from said version, I'm afraid it'll have to wait another patch. At this stage it is likely that we will have follow-up 1.11.5 patch some time in early 2022, possibly with another open beta over Christmas.
Just to be sure, have you made a bug report?
I am talking about those paths beeing just badly designed, not only pure bugs. There are a lot of posts about late game focuses for opposition / Bukharin path beeing broken (in bad way).

Last edited:
Reactions:
Is the "Trotskyite plot?" working as intended on the Stalinist route?

Pre-NSB:
Before Purge: Trotskyite Plot? -> Big Penalty
After Purge: Trotskyite Plot Purged? -> Small Penalty
After Purge and Fourth Internationale (the event): No Penalty

NSB:
After Purge: Trotskyite Plot? -> Big Penalty
After Purge and Trotsky's Assasination: Trotskyite Plot Purged? -> Small Penalty
At no point do you get to remove it. At least change the name to reflect the fact that Trotsky is dead.
Did you know that there are people accused of Trotsky plotters executed in the USSR and Eastern Europe long after the death of Trotsky, and even after WWII?

Reactions:
1. Even when Petain is the leader, I can't still do Vichy France focus tree.
2. diff_normal_player.
3. Gun and weapon production are below naval production as the USSR in 1939 scenario
4. Poland national spirits and focuses on 1939 countries menu scenario is from the old one
5. UK and the United States AI don't use tank until late game
@MatRopert
Nobody plays or cares 1939 scenario, to be honest.

• 9Like
Reactions:
Is the "Trotskyite plot?" working as intended on the Stalinist route?

Pre-NSB:
After Purge: Trotskyite Plot Purged? -> Small Penalty
After Purge and Fourth Internationale (the event): No Penalty

NSB:
After Purge: Trotskyite Plot? -> Big Penalty
After Purge and Trotsky's Assasination: Trotskyite Plot Purged? -> Small Penalty
At no point do you get to remove it. At least change the name to reflect the fact that Trotsky is dead.
I like that that spirit never fully goes away though. It fits Stalin's paranoia that he things someone might still be out there.

Reactions:
I wish the 1939 scenario was just deprecated altogether to save up on dev time. Im sure thats a discussion that existed/exists internally.
I found, how low priority is 1939 scenario for devs, when they wanted to show us in streams before release new weather and supply mechanics. I guessed they will just use 1939 scenario and show us some battle. But they started with 1936 scenario instead and run on speed 5 aproximatelly 40 minutes to get to the war!

• 4Haha
Reactions:
Balance between Motorized Artillery and HSPG looks very off with latest patch. I would expect, that ISU-152 is better breakthrough weapon than artillery with just some trucks, but in game is artillery 45x better than ISU-152 - battalion breakthrough 18 vs 0.4

1638746403213.png
1638746416529.png
1638746424525.png

• 8Like
Reactions:
Balance between Motorized Artillery and HSPG looks very off with latest patch. I would expect, that ISU-152 is better breakthrough weapon than artillery with just some trucks, but in game is artillery 45x better than ISU-152 - battalion breakthrough 18 vs 0.4

Yeah, self-propelled artillery getting -95% breakthrough is more than a little extreme. I get not wanting it to be a cheap alternative to tanks, but a more mobile artillery piece shouldn't have WORSE breakthrough than towed artillery.

Maybe change it so they can't be designed with turrets? That would remove the main source of breakthrough for a tank.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I guess it is a known bug but: France begins with several Cav divisions that say their speed is just 4!! The template correctly shows it should be 6.4.

Will Paradox ever fix the bugged Spanish Focus Tree?? I know that this bugged FT was not introduced by NSB but... Come on, Paradox, it has been almost 2 years!!! Not fair at all!!

Reactions:
Seeing a couple bugs in 1.11.4 (b4f8):

1) Losing infiltrated assets upon load (I hadn't seen this in 1.11.3)

2) Estonia has civil war becoming Vapsid Estonia in late 1937 (Had historical focuses on).

• 1Like
Reactions:
Prior to this beta patch, when making tanks I had just about the whole tank DLC model to choose fun, so as Germany I would start WW2 with heavy chassis 2, but chose to have my models as jadgtigers. With this beta, I noticed not only is advanced tech models unavailable, also the varients like the Ferdinand are also unavailable model-wise. Was my free range of tank models a bug that was 'fixed'?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yeah, self-propelled artillery getting -95% breakthrough is more than a little extreme. I get not wanting it to be a cheap alternative to tanks, but a more mobile artillery piece shouldn't have WORSE breakthrough than towed artillery.

Maybe change it so they can't be designed with turrets? That would remove the main source of breakthrough for a tank.
IRL some self propelled artillery as well as tank destroyers had turrets, so that wouldn't be very realistic.

Reactions:
Am happy to report that at least in my playthrough (historical focuses, France, started on the new build) Germany declared war on Poland right on time in late August, so good news there as well :). Tripped over a UI bug though. This may have been in an earlier build as well, but it's the first time I've noticed it. Apologies if it's a duplicate.

Version 1.11.4.69fb
Checksum: b4f8

Description: Naval battle progress indicator (at least in this example) in the naval battle UI is reversed from the map (the map being correct, the battle indicator UI not being correct) - and the tooltip's assessment of the battle being undecided shows something of a lack of confidence in the Regia Marina.

Repro steps are:
1) Load attached save.
2) move view to the Tyrrhenian Sea and observe, as per the first screenshot, the poor French patrol force being wailed on by the Italian strike force, and the naval battle indicator rightly showing they're in trouble.
3) Click on the battle to bring up the detailed battle UI.
4) Observe as per the second screenshot that the battle UI "progress indicator" incorrectly shows the opposite, suggesting that the French are winning overwhelmingly.
5) Hover over the battle indicator to bring up the tooltip.
6) Observe that the tooltip reads that "The outcome is currently undecided", which is inconsistent with either the on-map or in-UI battle progress indicator, and probably a tad over-cautious given the situation.

Screenies in spoiler to limit post size.
1638766415577.png

1638766362176.png

Edit: Bonus screenshot of lazy strike force not coming to the aid of my patrolling ships - not sure if this is a bug or not, and if it is, it could well be one that's been around a while (I still think if there are strike forces on either side, that the batle should start between both strike forces - as it is, it makes far more sense for me to just patrol with monster fleets):
1638769224222.png

Attachments

• FRA - battle progress indicator off.7z
    1.018,3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions: