• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
First green plan.
Then the blue one.

And if you still survive, then the other two.

Do you have any plans to win the war?
The only way to win is to get some cooperation between Allied forces...

But the game is really miserable when it comes to that.

I'd opt for green, but make it head towards the Brits in the north. Link up with them, reinforce them if neccessary, then get rid of the Russian formations you can catch between you, the Brits and the Baltic sea. We'll see how things evolve from there. May be the Brits finally reinforce their bridgehead enough for you to start another sweep.

Problem is, that the Russians outnumber you by quite some margin. A longer forces means that your lines will be spread thinner while the Russians can almost keep their division / province ratio. Watch for favorably connected provinces.

Do you have any plans to win the war?

If Polish intel is correct then Soviets do not have manpower. They gain probably around 30 a month like Polish. It means that at least they will not build more divisions than me. I think 1 my division is worth 2 soviet. So in the long run I think it is possible.

There is another option - blitzkrieg. Braking through the defensive lines, creating chaos behind the lines, cutting supply and encircling and destroying the Soviet divisions, or simply taking objectives (grabbing manpower and resources). I know this is not easy with Polish infantry :D

Last edited:
I would rather support a lot of decisive encirclements.
First defeat the enemy armies, then conquer their cities.

Try to annihilate as many of them as possible.

Tricky.

I'd go for the Red Operation. It extends your front, but sets you up for shortening it a lot later by shortening your flank in the south as much as is possible. It also puts the Priluki Marshes right in the middle of the enemy front, but not yours, which should seriously hurt their redeployments, especially if their Ukraine army is weakened. Then you can go to work shortening your front, hopefully freeing up extra troops for the next offensive.
But that's just my two cents. I'm also wondering if the Soviets being out of manpower might be a bit too much to hope for. In any case, you should probably work on further mechanizing your army...

I was inclined to use Red plan as GeneralDisarray suggests, but now three Generals are in support of Green plan. My only worry that British won't survive in Latvia until September. In some way, it could be also test of Polish army capability to carry out an offensive against the Soviets before a full blown offensive.

At the moment vote is 3 : 2. However, there is still time until 1 September ;)

1 July 1943 – 1 August 1943

Tibet joined Japan against Nationalist China on 9 July.

HoI31843Tibet.jpg

Netherlands

Dutch liberated Antwerpen and reached Den Haag. However, the Soviets managed to cut off Dutch in Den Haag and commenced siege of the city.

HoI31843Benelux.jpg

Baltic

British could not hold on their gains in Baltic and evacuated.

HoI31843Baltic.jpg

Poland

Preparations are still made for Polish offensive. However, the military High Command have not yet decided regarding the main direction of the offensive.

Last edited:
Awesome AAR

How is the war going on other fronts?

Awesome AAR

How is the war going on other fronts?

Thank you.

There are 7 fronts:

Libya: Remaining Italian divisions hiding in a desert. British do not bother to smoke them out there;
Congo: The Soviets hold Boma and do not allow Belgians supply their army in Belgium;
India: Stalemate between the Soviets and British;
Netherlands: under-supplied Dutch and Danish fighting the Soviets.
Baltic: British landing and evacuating every month :)
Poland: Stalemate at the moment. Polish prepare for an offensive.
Korea: Stalemate between Nationalist China and Japan since 1940, I think.

How hard can it be to destroy Soviet Holland? :rofl:

Just imagine. Those Soviet divisions travelled all the way from the Ukraine to Amsterdam and those inhospitable Dutch do not want to welcome them :)

Excellent, thank you for writing this.

Thank you :)

1 August 1943 – 1 September 1943

Netherlands

The Soviets took Den Haag. 9000 Dutch were taken prisoners. It looks like the Soviets are going to stay in Holland longer than anybody could think.

HoI31943Benelux.jpg

Baltic

Evacuated British troops returned to Baltic and landed in Riga again. 7 divisions formed bridgehead and waiting for reinforcements.

HoI31943Baltic.jpg

Poland

Preparations are almost complete. The last preparations should be ready by 7 September when 6 new artillery brigades will reach the designated divisions. The offensive is scheduled for 14 September.

Polish managed to assemble 40 divisions (366.000 troops) for the offensive. The offensive will be spearheaded by the 2nd Mobile Army, commanded by Gen. Sosnkowski, and supported by 8eme Armee, commanded by Gen. Doumenc. Field Marshal Orlik-Rueckemann was appointed as the head of the operation.

At the moment two possible operations (known under draft names as Green and Red) remain.

The Green Operation has more immediate objectives and there is a possibility to reach British in Latvia. However, all operational territory is hostile and there is no much space for a manoeuvre. The planned breakthrough sector is defended at least by 63.000 Soviets. Adjacent provinces are heavily guarded too.

HoI31943GreenPlan.jpg

The Red Operation has not immediate objectives. However, the operational territory is friendly and army could get all support from locals. The planned breakthrough sector is defended by 36.000 soviets and adjacent provinces are less guarded than in East Prussia. It appears the Soviets do not expect Polish offensive here. If breakthrough is successful there is a lot of space for manoeuvre and possibility to destroy the Soviet South Army.

HoI31943RedPlan.jpg

Last edited:
Here's another reason to go with the red plan: You'll likely take fewer losses, and have an easier time creating and eliminating pockets. Furthermore, success in this operation would make the green one easier later on, since the soviets would have to redeploy troops from the north to fix any holes you created.

Damn thee, you make the Red One so lucrative. :D

I shall change my vote to it.

But, when having destroyed as many Soviets there as you can, stop the advance and try to get as good defensive positions as possibly, even if you have to retreat back to the old lines.

Enewald and GeneralDisarray: The Red Plan then it is.

I have been researching about the Polish-Soviet war in 1920 and found some staggering coincidences:

• The front line in early August was only different in North Poland from my current game;
  • Polish had about 738.000 troops versus 766.000 in my game;
  • French involvement in the war with “Blue Army” could be compared French expeditionary army in my game;
  • French military advisers like Gen. Doumenc and Gen. Conde in my game;
  • And French armament (in my game, Polish mechanised divisions are equipped with French equipment).

782px-PBW_August_1920.jpg

Last edited:
14 September 1943 (Operation Intermarum)

Operation Intermarum (link)

Head of the State, I J Paderewski "Fellow citizens, it is time for the Second Miracle. We will do that we failed in 1920. We will liberate our brothers in the East from Bolshevik despotism and build long lasting Intermarum."

220px-Bij_Bolszewika.jpg
220px-Polish-soviet_propaganda_poster_1920_Polish.jpg

Prior Polish offensive British advanced deeper to Latvia and invaded Lithuania from the north. Another three divisions landed in Estonia. British operation attracted the Soviets’ attention and sent reinforcements weakening defences in East Poland.

HoI314943.jpg

On 14 September 1943 Polish launched the biggest offensive. 382.000 troops moved east. The 8eme Armee’s task is to secure left flank and take Lida. The 2nd Army should carry an offensive east and take Kiev. The part of the 2nd Army should flank and encircle the South Soviet Army. By the end of September Polish recon units should reach Odessa and Dnipropetrovs.

Air reconnaissance spotted no reserves behind the Soviet line and therefore Polish airborne divisions are ready to land behind and assist with the advance.

HoI314943Plan.jpg

Last edited: