• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

unmerged(47028)

Field Marshal
Aug 1, 2005
Introduction

I know it sounds ridiculous but why not to try? I thought about with this idea for a couple of days. I know that there are many obstacles on a road to survive and even more of them on a road to win but I thought through each obstacle step by step up to certain stage and I think now it is possible to pull it off.

"We must find a way or make one." Hannibal (247 – 182 BC)

I will blame you, Megaherz, for the idea you mentioned in my Lithuanian AAR if it fails dramatically :D

I am not going to use any cheats but will not mind using exploits I know especially at the beginning. I will write the AAR in a descriptive way trying to explain what I am doing but not always what I am going to do and why in order not to spoil the interest beforehand.

"A matter that becomes clear ceases to concern us." Nietzsche, 1886.

Intresting. Doubt you'll get to far though. GL ^^ Are you joining axis or allies?

No I am not going to join any faction :cool: I will fight all of them. Luxembourg will no longer hide and pray for the best.

Commintern Luxembourg would be epic!

Commies are Luxembourg enemies too.

How will you do that? If you attack Germany, you're screwed. If you attack France, you're screwed. If you attack Belgium, then Allies will attack you :D
Or maybe, you will wait when Germany attacks France, and then steal the provinces :D

Preparations

Politics:

It is very easy to decide. Luxembourg has only 2 more available candidates for the Minster of Security post. One lowers national unity and another raises dissent. So Norbert Dumont is the only reasonable candidate for the post.

010136politics.jpg

Change Mixed Industry to Consumer Product Orientation after $6.7 collected on the second day.

Intelligence:

Immediately change to Lower Neutrality and Increase Threat to all other countries.

Technology:

Move all points to Diplomacy on the first day then all points to Espionage on the second day.

Production:

All production move to Supplies.

Diplomacy:

Sell all supplies 24 units to the UK for $4.5 a day.

Luxembourg produces more than enough Metal and Rare Metals than it needs. Other countries will start offering Coal.

Army:

Disband the only unit. Choose Luxembourg HQ not to reinforce.

Luxembourg’s technology is worthless therefore there is no point developing any weapons at the moment. However, I am going to build two medium armour divisions (2 arm + 2/1 eng) before the war. Only France has medium tanks and engineers. I will buy licenses from France with money earned from the UK or the Netherlands.

How will you do that? If you attack Germany, you're screwed. If you attack France, you're screwed. If you attack Belgium, then Allies will attack you :D
Or maybe, you will wait when Germany attacks France, and then steal the provinces :D

My plan is to attack the Netherlands.

Preparations up to 1 July 1936

Intelligence:

By the middle of March 1936, ten spies should be working at lowering neutrality. The next step is start increasing the Netherlands’ threat.

I thought about many variants, even attacking Siam, but it is only possible increase enough threat to a country which is in Europe. First I thought allying a country somewhere in Europe and attack its neighbour from its territory. However, no country wants to ally besides neither Germany nor France gives military access. Basically it leaves only 4 countries for a possible attack.

Germany is too strong as is France. Belgium is also difficult to attack unexpectedly because it keeps it army near Luxembourg border. That leaves the Netherlands. Their army is underdeveloped and besides they tend to keep their army at German border.

Technology:

At the end of June 1936, 10 spies should be working in the Netherlands. The Netherlands are not very good at catching spies so it should not be hard to keep 10 spies all the time. Move the points to Diplomacy and Research.

I chose Operational Level Organisation and Industry Efficiency. Luxembourg army needs to recover faster than enemies and build units faster when time comes.

Diplomacy:

From July 1936, it is time therefore work on increasing relationships with France (up to 200 recommended), Belgium and the Netherlands. It could be done by buying metal from France and coal from Belgium and the Netherlands.

We need licenses from France and military access from Belgium and the Netherlands.

Last edited:
Actually come to think about it....I can already see the looks on the Dutch ministers:
*messenger*:"Sir we are under attack!"
*minister of security*:"Damn I knew I couldnt trust that Hitler type!*
*messenger*:"Its not Hitler sir..."
*minister of security*:"Who then,son?"
*messenger*:"Luxembourgan Armor"
*ALL*:O.O'

P.S. If you actually manage to do this...I will sit naked in the classroom and pretend like nothing happened :)

Reactions:
Preparations up to 1 January 1937

Intelligence:

I continue keeping 10 spies in the Netherlands.

Technology:

I continue researching Operational Level Organisation and Industry Efficiency. I also began researching Construction Engineering for future but it could be anything else.

010137technology.jpg

Diplomacy:

I increased relationship with France to 200 and on 1 October 1936 bought 3 engineering brigades licences. I also received military access to Belgium and the Netherlands.

010137diplomacy.jpg

Production:

Production of Engineer Brigades should be completed before July 1937. I chose building Engineer Brigades first because France is further developing medium tanks and later licences are worth more.

010137production1.jpg

010137production2.jpg

Politics:

On 1 July 1937, a new minister becomes available. It is time to appoint Etienne Schmit as the Minister of Security. Mr Schmit decreases neutrality faster.

010137politics.jpg

Nationalist Spain won on 11 November 1936.

010137spain.jpg

Evil Luxembourg with panzers... :D

:rolleyes: Crazy and evil panzers...

Best of luck. I will be watching with interest.

If only your were on FTM you might have got the strategic resource - Tax Haven. :)

It is shame. Never mind Luxembourgers will go to rob rich Ducth banks.

can't wait to read of the exploits of the might Luxembourg armoured fist as it drives across Europe - re-establishing the Burgundian empire?

First Luxembourg will claim that belongs to Luxembourg crown - the Netherlands!

Actually come to think about it....I can already see the looks on the Dutch ministers:
*messenger*:"Sir we are under attack!"
*minister of security*:"Damn I knew I couldnt trust that Hitler type!*
*messenger*:"Its not Hitler sir..."
*minister of security*:"Who then,son?"
*messenger*:"Luxembourgan Armor"
*ALL*:O.O'

P.S. If you actually manage to do this...I will sit naked in the classroom and pretend like nothing happened :)

:rofl: Dutch never dreamed about this.

Now on a more serious note...You should really find an alliance(might I suggest Axis),even a temporary one as Luxembourg alone is too weak.

I wanted to make an alliance with anybody, but all everybody is rejecting. They are offering only to join factions. The Axis is safe but they would steal everything from me before I could claim.

If folks can do a WC with Ryuku in EU3, then why not a WC with Luxemburg in HoI3?!

* starts learning Luxemburgeh or whatever the Luxemburgian German dialect is called *

A very good attitude ;)

Last edited:
Are you mad?

Subscribed.

Status
Not open for further replies.