• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If all you had given us was the steamer transport I would have been pleased and impressed. For all of these... 'Thank you! Thank you!'

Note to Paradox: Consider hiring this artist. Seriously.

Edit
Um... any chance of getting matching graphics in the interface folder as well? The units.bmp file, the transp_icon_clipper.bmp and the transp_icon_steam.bmp would do it, I think. Or are these already done and I missed something?
/Edit

Last edited:
Director said:
If all you had given us was the steamer transport I would have been pleased and impressed. For all of these... 'Thank you! Thank you!'

Note to Paradox: Consider hiring this artist. Seriously.

Edit
Um... any chance of getting matching graphics in the interface folder as well? The units.bmp file, the transp_icon_clipper.bmp and the transp_icon_steam.bmp would do it, I think. Or are these already done and I missed something?
/Edit

See his other mod here:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=301623

:D

Yes, but... what I really wanted was just the naval units, and I wanted them to use the same artwork as in the unit graphics. The interface graphics in his other mod include land units and the naval units look different to me.

Just curious on these - do they slow down gameplay at all? I'm running on an older machine but really like the way these look. Good job whatever the answer may be.

Downloaded them yesterday. Looking good. Thanks for all the hard work you do for us Bebro.

Thx :)

Alyosha said:
Just curious on these - do they slow down gameplay at all? I'm running on an older machine but really like the way these look. Good job whatever the answer may be.

Well, they just replace the original sprites without adding extra files, so my guess would be that there's not much slowdown if any at all. Difficult to measure of course, but so far I didn't notice anything dramatic on my machine.

Navy-wise nation specific sprites are possible, for land I'm not sure, but would guess so. Just include another country tag in the filename(s) and edit the country.csv accordingly (unmodded all countries there use the generic MIN tag which needs then to be replaced).

More sprites: I'll certainly make a new sub sprite, but it can take a while. If I do others later I'm not sure yet. At the moment I don't want to go into sprites for land units though, and as said above I also didn't test what works there.

Great Sprites!

Wow really beautiful sprite's excellent work thanks Bebro.

I have a nerdy question what real ships did you use to model your designs on for the 2 cruisers and 2 battleships/dreadnoughts

Dr

Last edited:
I would guess almost any ship.

Prinz Wilhelm said:
I would guess almost any ship.
Not quite the detailed nerdy answer i expected :D .

I know its a bit of a silly question its just i wondered which nations ships class's they were based on even though i know their generic, but when i saw the 3 funnel cruiser with a German flag over it i thought its the Emden!!The 5 funnel Cruiser to me looks Russian heading for Tsushima!The Dreadnought i wondered if it was actually based on the HMS.Dreadnought.

I wonder if the guys who like 1914 have seen the later ships in this pack they would be good for their mod also and they could use Bebro's hoi2 L-1 Russian Gangut class ship,although the fire.bmp perspectives are a little different.

Dr

Dr Rare said:
Not quite the detailed nerdy answer i expected :D .

I know its a bit of a silly question its just i wondered which nations ships class's they were based on even though i know their generic, but when i saw the 3 funnel cruiser with a German flag over it i thought its the Emden!!The 5 funnel Cruiser to me looks Russian heading for Tsushima!The Dreadnought i wondered if it was actually based on the HMS.Dreadnought.

I wonder if the guys who like 1914 have seen the later ships in this pack they would be good for their mod also and they could use Bebro's hoi2 L-1 Russian Gangut class ship,although the fire.bmp perspectives are a little different.

Dr

Hi, most ships are not meant to be a 100% accurate model of a certain type, I just wanted to have a look that fits into the time. The pre-dreadnought for example is loosely based on the British Majestic class without being absolutely accurate. The monitor however was modelled explicitly after pics of USS Monitor.

Hi,
Some of the sprites 'flicker' on the screen.
It only happens when the ships are sitting in a sea zone.

Some flicker real slow, others flicker from left to right real fast.

Is there some tweaks to the Refresh value in the .spr files that needs to be done to fix this?

Thx

- j

jrb001 said:
Hi,
Some of the sprites 'flicker' on the screen.
It only happens when the ships are sitting in a sea zone.

Some flicker real slow, others flicker from left to right real fast.

Is there some tweaks to the Refresh value in the .spr files that needs to be done to fix this?

Thx

- j

man-o-war flickers me when fighting but i not seen any others yet...

EDIT: there is a problem with file names...you must rename the file victoria/gfx/map/unitis/T-MANOWAR A-FIGHT C-MIN L-1 D-NE and T-MANOWAR A-FIGHT C-MIN L-1 D-SW to "FIRE" instead of "FIGHT" and do the same in the file(bitmap = etc.)...and probably change the speed to 5 (im not sure about this)

Last edited:
The flicker effect is usually caused by wrong entries for the frame number in the .spr files. However, I just had a look into my game and as far as I could see (didn't see all types in that short time though) it all worked fine on my installation, incl. the ManOWar (the naming doesn't seem to cause any trouble here).

When you experience this problem please make sure you installed the sprites correctly incl. the .spr files that came with them. Or maybe you installed some other mod or a patch after the sprites which changed back to the original spr files again? As said so far I'm not able to reproduce the problem on my machine.

jrb001, can you please post which sprites flicker?

@Bebro i am still in complete awe of your work.The animation ,the smoke and fire actions of your Victoria ships are amazing to see in game.I think these ships are even better than your great WW2 ones.I was just wondering if you were going to make a Generic WW1 submarine and a WW1 Destroyer to match these sprites?

Dr

These are absolutly bloody brilliant! How can I hold back on over investing in the Brazilian Navy now?

It will be the HoI2 naval obsession all over again! :eek:o