• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You should add events that assign the combat skill traits at the beginning of the game, similar to what The Prince and the Thane does.
Here's one that I'm using in my own mashup mod:

Paste this at the bottom of combat_trait_events.txt:
Code:
#Combat Trait Generator
character_event = {
	id = 5550111
	desc = "EVTDESC5550111"
	picture = "GFX_evt_knight"

trigger = {
				NOT = { trait = poor_warrior }
				NOT = { trait = trained_warrior }
				NOT = { trait = skilled_warrior }
				NOT = { trait = master_warrior }
				is_adult = yes}

mean_time_to_happen = {
				days = 1
		}

option = { 
				name = "EVTOPTREMEMBERTRAINING"
				random_list = {
					34 = { add_trait = poor_warrior }
					40 = { add_trait = trained_warrior }
					20 = { add_trait = skilled_warrior }
					6 = { add_trait = master_warrior }
		}
	}
}

and paste this at the bottom of martial_prowess.csv in the localisation folder:

Code:
EVTDESC5550111;As I lay in my bed this night, I remember the training I went through when I was a child, learning to fight. I wonder if those skills will ever be useful to me.;Comme laïcs dans mon lit cette nuit, je me souviens de la formation que j'ai vécu quand j'étais un enfant, apprendre à combattre. Je me demande si ces compétences ne sera jamais utile pour moi.;Da lag in meinem Bett in dieser Nacht, ich erinnere mich die Ausbildung, die ich durchgemacht habe, als ich ein Kind war, zu lernen, zu kämpfen. Ich frage mich, ob diese Fähigkeiten überhaupt nützlich sein wird für mich.;Como laicos en mi cama esta noche, me acuerdo de la formación que pasé cuando era un niño, aprender a luchar. Me pregunto si esas habilidades volverá a ser útil para mí.;;;;;;;;;x
EVTOPTREMEMBERTRAINING;I remember those days well.;Je me souviens bien de cette époque.;Ich erinnere mich an jene Tage gut.;Recuerdo esos días también.;;;;;;;;;x
Not the best event text but, it works fine.

That event would work if you want everyone to have combat traits, I opted against such an approach though. With my revisions of the duel engine it's no longer simply dependent on those traits and over time most people will get them in any case.

---

I have a functional PC again :)

Updates for this mod I'll still keep on hold until after The Old Gods comes out though, I first need to make sure it works with the expansion.

I have a functional PC again :)

Updates for this mod I'll still keep on hold until after The Old Gods comes out though, I first need to make sure it works with the expansion.

Uh-oh, Jordarelf is back in town - watch out, kids!

Could you do a version for PB+SWMH perhaps? From what my users tell me, it gives rather strange results.

I'll do my best to get that combination working when I get to updating. Probably the next release(s) won't have major incompatibility any longer since I'll be moving the battlefield duels to a new on_actions file (weighted properly it should work without conflict in conjunction with other files). Any other issues are likely because PB/SWMH has changed some files since the last time I made the compat patches. :)

I'll do my best to get that combination working when I get to updating. Probably the next release(s) won't have major incompatibility any longer since I'll be moving the battlefield duels to a new on_actions file (weighted properly it should work without conflict in conjunction with other files). Any other issues are likely because PB/SWMH has changed some files since the last time I made the compat patches. :)
"(weighted properly it should work without conflict in conjunction with other files)"
To my knowledge that'll override the regular on_actions file for that specific on_action.
I'll test to make sure and get back to you.

Thanks for testing that. I might still extract it to another file, would be easier at least a bit for compatibility.
I've searched in the PB thread by the way, but could not find any specifics on how the DE is supposedly incompatible.

Thanks for testing that. I might still extract it to another file, would be easier at least a bit for compatibility.
I've searched in the PB thread by the way, but could not find any specifics on how the DE is supposedly incompatible.
Users can be bad at being specific.
Closest you'll get is probably "Also Duel Engine with PB comp is giving some bad events and decisions"

Couple of bugs with the tournament code:
It is entirely possible for the game to forever think someone is attending a tournament. An event to remove the flag after a few years works well to fix that.

If the tournament can't start due to a war, the flags aren't cleared, so it impossible to start it again after the war. Easily solved by just clearing all the tourney flags in the option you get when the tourney starts while you're at war.

Last edited:
Also having some issues with my tourney simply never ending within a reasonable time :/
Seems the frequency of the jousts should be increases. Since a tourney is supposed to end in two months, only getting 2 or 3 jousts in that time isn't desirable.
The best way to do it might be through event chains so that all participants continually find a new opponent every other day or so until two months have passed. That way each person could potentially fight 30 or so opponents if they're not eliminated.

Hey jordarkelf...Thanks for the updated version of this mod...
I have a question though..
Is it possible as a Lord to prevent my vassals from taking part in a duel??? cause I'm getting messages that my vassal killed another vassal of mine in a Duel for example...Shouldn't they ask for my permission first??? Using P.B-SWMH-VIET Events and other small submods compatible with P.B all of them...

If they killed each other in a duel outside of war or a tournament, it's because one of the vanilla events.
I basically only replaced the vanilla duel event's random results with the DE so whether or not the liege is asked for permission I consider outside of the scope of the mod.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.