• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
An elective monarchy-type authority, where the ruler reigns for life and has an heir (like in the Imperial authority), but where there are either oligarchic or democratic elections for a new ruler/dynasty when a ruler dies without an heir. This would be in place of the events that gives a new random ruler when a ruler dies without an heir.

Edit: This could hopefully be done if the devs allowed modders to create government authorities that have both heirs and elections. Currently that's not possible.

1. Full support for all potential scopes for effectButtonType
  2. Add export_to_variable, variable_arithmetic_trigger, and arguments for scripted effects/triggers like in EU4
  3. Change set_variable, change_variable, subtract_variable, multiply_variable, and divide_variable to accept a variable as the 'value' argument
  4. Allow all numeric triggers and effects to allow variables as their argument
  5. Allow any variable in the previous two suggestions to be preceded by a scope, eg something like: root.solar_system.my_var_name
These 5 changes would greatly expand modding capability across the board. They'd make it so that paradox script in stellaris was much closer to an actual programming language and so that modders could back their code with actual interface elements instead of hacky workarounds.
This is really crucial. Im adding the verbatim to the OP

- The ability to set ai_weights for all components. This is a solution to stop the AI an auto designer from putting stupid weapon combinations, specifically shield and anti shield weapons on starbases in Pulsar Systems.
- pop_Xresource_add = The ability to add different types of resources as a pop_resource when being processed to avoid having to do it with a bunch of event coding. Currently restricted to energy, minerals, food. Would be nice to have unity and any modded resource we use.
- Make the AI actually follow ai_weights on components, it still ignores ai_weight = 0 on components such as modded components the AI does not know how to use properly, the only work around is to make the ai not research the tech in the first place.
- a ship upgrade speed modifier instead of it being a define
- Missile Retargeting Chance after the first be a modifier not a define value

- The ability to set ai_weights for all components. This is a solution to stop the AI an auto designer from putting stupid weapon combinations, specifically shield and anti shield weapons on starbases in Pulsar Systems.
- pop_Xresource_add = The ability to add different types of resources as a pop_resource when being processed to avoid having to do it with a bunch of event coding. Currently restricted to energy, minerals, food. Would be nice to have unity and any modded resource we use.
- Make the AI actually follow ai_weights on components, it still ignores ai_weight = 0 on components such as modded components the AI does not know how to use properly, the only work around is to make the ai not research the tech in the first place.
- a ship upgrade speed modifier instead of it being a define
- Missile Retargeting Chance after the first be a modifier not a define value

Regarding modded components - try using valid_for_country. Also, some component ai_weights (armor/shields and base weapons) are superseded by what is defined under ai_personalities.

Anyone can tip me with ship exhaust trails issue? I've started to have graphical issue with ship trails being pulsating in glitchy way instead of plain straight line.

Join our discord, maybe someone can help you - invite in my signature.

Guys, is this thread relevant for requests/complaints directly to game developers?

I've been modding Stellaris for quite a while, almost since it's release 2 years ago. And I can't help but notice that the style of the game updates is not very modders-friendly. yes, I understand that game needs to develop and progress, but I fairly believe that modders community also deserves some sort of respect, considering the amount of fun and free content we add. And it's just a bit of depressing being a modder and see that some stuff that used to work correctly, helping you to develop your mod, suddenly just stops working, without any obvious reasons (well, at least for me).

Currently, I'm particulary concerned about game Modifiers. A couple of examples.

1. There are a bunch of modifiers realted to Traditions cost:

MOD_TRADITION_COST_NUM_COLONIES_MULT:1 "Tradition Cost from Colonies"
MOD_TRADITION_COST_NUM_SYSTEMS_MULT:0 "Tradition Cost from Systems"
MOD_TRADITION_COST_NUM_POPS_MULT:1 "Tradition Cost from Pops"
MOD_TRADITION_COST_NUM_SLAVES_MULT:1 "Tradition Cost from Slave Pops"
MOD_TRADITION_COST_NUM_FOUNDER_POPS_MULT:1 "Tradition Cost from Founder Pops"
MOD_TRADITION_COST_NUM_XENOS_MULT:1 "Tradition Cost from Xeno Pops"
MOD_TRADITION_COST_NUM_XENO_SLAVES_MULT:1 "Tradition Cost from Xeno Slaves"
MOD_TRADITION_COST_NUM_SAPIENT_ROBOTS_MULT:1 "Tradition Cost from Robot Pops"

They used to work, but after 2.0 was released, almost all of them were disabled and does not show up in description tooltips anymore. I wonder why? Just can't see a reason for that, especially considering that modifier for Colonies (tradition_cost_num_colonies_mult) still works, meaning that the mechanic is still there. These were really hepful to create some unique Civics and Tradition effects.

2. There are also a bunch of modifiers, related to construction speed and cost for basic buildings:

hydroponics_farm_build_cost_mult:0 "Hydroponics Farm Build Cost"
hydroponics_farm_construction_speed_mult:0 "Hydroponics Farm Construction Speed"
mining_network_build_cost_mult:0 "Mining Network Build Cost"
mining_network_construction_speed_mult:0 "Mining Network Construction Speed"

Their current problem is kinda opposite - they do show up in the description tooltips, so they are supposed to work, but in fact - they do not.

I'm just posting this here in a vain hope that some of these problems were caused by mistake and thus it's possible to fix all these.

Buildings have a destroy_if = {] entry but starbase buildings, modules do not have this, this would be beneficial if we want to prevent empire types who normally do not have access to those buildings or modules to lose them.

In the case of a starbase building or module it would be simply dismantle_if = {]

While it is great that in 2.0 we finally got code that we can use to limit special modded ships such as in vanilla with Titans. What is annoying is that the Starbase upgrade system ignores it. If you wanted to make a special unique starbase size that you could only have one of, you could put this in there:

empire_limit = {
base = 1
max = 1
}
But the starbase upgrade system ignores those limits since its not actually building it but upgrading it.

I was searching for such variable, but couldn't find it. So the mod i request, or reqeuest from the devs. to give support is to reduce the claim cost to near 0, or allow total war from the start with any race.

A mod that adds a trait similar to 'Syncretic Evolution' but that allows you to start with more than two species would be nice for roleplaying purposes.

Other than that, I'd really love a compatibility patch between Planetary Diversity and Alien Suns: Atmospheres; both seem like great mods, and they technically work together, but the problem is that the latter changes how habitability works, meaning that (if I understand correctly) if you start on a PD planet, you can't colonize other planets, as they have an assigned atmosphere type as well which affects habitability. Here are the two mods if anyone is interested:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1177814689
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=819148835

Is it possible to mod the game to start in L-Cluster?

Probably not the L-Cluster itself, but you could certainly play around with the hyperlanes to isolate your local star cluster.

I would like to see a can_cancel or can_revoke for edicts, both planetary and country, that allows you to cancel an edict, if you so desire, before it expires. Need this for my personal mod.

Last edited:
Is there a mod out there that lets you destroy megastructures aside from just ringworlds and habitats?
Also, anything that lets you destroy or disable Gateways?