• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I want to make a wormhole and a (disable) gateway in a system, adjacent to each other.

I can do this by hard-coding their orbit angles, but I don't like that.

Can I make their location random, yet adjacent?

Reactions:
I want to make a wormhole and a (disable) gateway in a system, adjacent to each other.

I can do this by hard-coding their orbit angles, but I don't like that.

Can I make their location random, yet adjacent?

Only if you can code it such that the location of one is dependent upon the location of the other (an IF statement that if X is present then Y should be adjacent or vice versa), but I don't know if the current bypass coding can do that.

Long time listener, first time caller.

I was wondering how the planet graphics are built up - since they seem to move independently from each other + develop (more light according to the population growth).

I'm always been very interested in looking for mods that make Stellaris feel more alive, but sadly most of the mods (Living systems, etc), have a performance impact + the name shields tend to be very confusing and annoying and can't be turned off or modded out it seems.

I think these mods set the bar a little bit too high, trying to incorporate it into the gameplay. What i would try is to have a spherical PNG (so most of it is transparent) around the planet with little ships that "orbit" and grows alongside the population.

Sins of a solar empire honestly does a good job making your planets feel alive. [Just a little spawner that spews little sprites around.]

So basically i'd like to ask. Is it possible to change the texture of the cloud cover to small little ships? So it looks like a space-highway that orbits the planet.

Only if you can code it such that the location of one is dependent upon the location of the other (an IF statement that if X is present then Y should be adjacent or vice versa), but I don't know if the current bypass coding can do that.

Nope, it might be possible to code it so I generate a random number and use that number to place both of them.

And I'm asking if that's possible, or if there's an equivalent way.

If you don't know, that's fine, someone else will hopefully show up.

So basically i'd like to ask. Is it possible to change the texture of the cloud cover to small little ships? So it looks like a space-highway that orbits the planet.

PancakeLord had some posts on texture-modding for ships, might be applicable. Search for his name and "texture" and you'll find some.

A flag we can add to archeological sites that causes them to not be able to create a minor artifact deposit.

A request to the developers of the game: please consider adding the following functionality for modding:

More flexible ship management is missing:

Order to the ship to research a project (Currently, fleets can do this, but science ships can't):
Code:
ship_action_research_special_project = {
    special_project = <project_name>
    target = <location>
}

Cancel all orders for ship:
Code:
clear_ship_actions = <target>

Follow a ship or a fleet:
Code:
auto_follow_ship = { target = <fleet|ship> attack_fleet = yes } # new effect for the ship
auto_follow_fleet = { target = <fleet|ship> attack_fleet = yes } # add "ship" target

Оrdering a fleet or ship to orbit an object
Code:
to_orbit = {
   target = <ship|fleet>
   location = <planet>
}

Оrder the ship to study an anomaly
Code:
ship_action_research_anomaly {
    ship = <ship>
    target = <location>
}

Problem with special projects:
Often science ships do not enter the orbit of the planets where the special project begins to explore. Because of this, the "on_start" statement described in the special project code does not work, but "on_progress_25" statement works correctly.
Another inconvenience is that the "on_cancel" statement does not trigger when the ship is ordered to cancel the research special project.

It would also be nice to be able to intercept the orders of the ships given with the mouse:
For example, if the player pressed a button in the interface, which added the developer of the mod, and then gives an order to move the ship, the developer with the help of code cancels the order and on this location applies certain effects where the ship was ordered to fly.
In other words, I need to get exactly where the mouse pointed the ship to fly to and be able to do something with it (create an object, send another ship there)

Please add the ability to display leader portraits or country flags in custom UI for each option in
listboxType = { name = "option_list" }

Sorry for my bad English, I hope I got the point across.

Last edited:
MODDING FEATURE REQUEST:

has_linked_wormhole = <system>
trigger , where the current <system> scope is checked for the wormhole pair of the wormhole in the specified system.

remove_wormhole = <system> effect

Reactions:
Add a system that allows for scoping to Objects and manipulate their attributes.

For example:
A Script that scopes to a game object when run to then modify it.
Code:
example_script = {
    if = {
        limit = {
            owner = { has_origin = civic_police_state }
        }
        alter = {
               what = building_precinct_house #Target of the altering can be any game object
               overwrite = yes #yes/no Determines if the alteration adds or removes the following parameters
               planet_modifier = { job_enforcer_add =3 } #A Function or attribute inside that object that gets added or overwritten
            }
        }
}

Allow for Fleet Modifiers that can be applied to all ships inside the fleet.
Replaces the need for Fleet interactions via Auras.
Aka, expand the fleet scope to be targetable by modifiers

A way to remove or block access to game objects based on modifiers.

block_x
X = Job, Building, Tech, Civics, Ethics, Features, etc.

Example:
planet_modifier = {
block_building_building_precinct_house
}

Example:
owner = { add_modifier = { modifier = block_tech_mining_1 } }

I'd like to request a simple means of counting the number of distinct job types which exist upon a particular planet. Not the number of jobs available; how many different kinds of job (depending on Strata). Thanks!

I'd like it to be possible to have specific, defined Technologies costed in a resource OTHER than JUST Science/Research points. So you could define certain Technologies as costing Unity, or Zro, or Science+Minor Artefacts, etc.

Having this as at least an OPTION would open up so, so many doors for interesting things.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Are there any mods that:

- Add better planetary automation options. Off the top of my head I'd like:
* option to auto-disable clerks
* option to auto-build and auto-upgrade Autochthon monuments
* option to auto-disable culture workers from said Authochthon monuments and just take advantage of passive unity generation
* separate options to only build housing buildings, only build Holo-Theaters, and to build gene clinics for amenities. Also separate out automatic amenities job enable/disable functionality from the building functionality.
* option to build whatever the planet specializes in, but ONLY if my net income is below x (would need some kind of triggered event to set x). So e.g. if a generator world spawns a new pop it would only build an energy district if I have less than a +300 surplus, otherwise it would let the pop migrate to another planet.

- Add ways to automate upgrading starbases. All I really want is to avoid needing to click on 30 anchorage starbases over and over to upgrade and then build more anchorages along with the usual Naval Logistics Office/Hydroponics/Resource Silo/Deep Space Black Site. I can find like 100 different starbase mods but they all add in extra stuff I don't want, I just want vanilla gameplay automated.

- Automate orbital ring construction/upgrading, or somehow make them more user friendly because its a PITA to go to individual planets in the system view by that point in the game.