• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey everyone,
I'm attaching my first release of PRP: Ironman for patch 2.7. Here's the changelog:

Code:
- Modified German portraits to use Western faces
- Modified English/Norman portraits to use Western faces
- Modified German hair colors to match other Western Europeans
- Modified English/Norman hair colors to match other Western Europeans
- Fixed sprite layering on Germans, Normans, and English so that beards don't cover noses
- Fixed German portrait declarations so that they aren't missing eye patches, masks, and player overlay
- Fixed German portrait declarations so that middle headgear layer is properly displayed for middle-aged and old men
- Added rule for Germanic pagan Germans and Franks to style hair like Norse pagans before 950
- Added rule for Germanic pagan Ugrics to style hair like Norse pagans
- Fixed a bug with Saxon trade post icons
- Modified Turkish women to use Persian portraits
- Added rule for all worshippers of Aztec paganism to wear Aztec clothing
- Added rule for all worshippers of African paganism to wear West African clothing
- Added rule for worshippers of Tengriism to wear Cuman clothing unless Turkish or Mongol
- Added rule for most civilized worshippers of Islam to wear early Muslim clothing before 950
- Added rule for most civilized worshippers of Islam to wear Muslim clothing after 950
- Added rule for all civilized worshippers of Hinduism to north Indian headgear
- Added rule for Germanic pagan Celts to style hair like Norse pagans
- Added rule for Germanic pagan Saxons to style hair like Norse pagans
- Added rule for Germanic pagan Russians to style hair like Norse pagans
- Added rule for Catholic Andalusians to wear Iberian clothing
- Added rule for Catholic Aztecs to wear Iberian clothing
- Added rule for tribal/nomadic Russians to wear Finno-Ugric clothing
- Added a rule for civilized Orthodox Altaics to use Russian clothing
The first 9 items on the list are new since the alpha. I'll update Steam in a few moments. There's still lots of work to do updating documentation, fixing the main PRP mod, adding submods, etc.

Attachments

• prp_ironman_2_7_0a.zip
    1,5 MB · Views: 35
Not sure, but is the portrait_properties.txt having an effect?
Noticed that the base game now has a folder portrait_properties containing 00_portrait_properties.txt

Been about a year so don't know when that was changed.

Are the previous versions of the mod still available for download?
I'm playing on 2.0.4 but I also want to enjoy this mod

That would be the 2_04a version or as i read again 2_1_1a also worked for patch 2.04.
If iron can't get you a link i could post one. Let's see what @iron0037 has to say.

..or just tell me which version i should upload for you.

Err...ach....here you go @Adam Goldbein .
Both versions attached ...and smaller than i thought they were.

Attachments

• Portrait_Realignment_2_04a.zip
    2,6 MB · Views: 10
  • Portrait_Realignment_2_1_1a.zip
    2,8 MB · Views: 9
Unfortunately, both versions keep crashing right after launching :/

Well they shouldn't. I just tested the 2_04a version on my 2.04 installation after reading your post and it runs fine.
Maybe you got another mod running that is incompatible or you lack a DLC for it...or you should create a new folder in Documents for it (simply rename the old one).

Alright, we have a new PRP release. Here are the changes for 2.4.1b:
  • Added back Extra modules that remained applicable for 2.4.1
  • Added new Tocharian mod that uses western faces with Turkish and Cuman assets
  • Added graphical offsets to Iberian and Italian hair so that scalp doesn't show
  • Added graphical offsets to Greek male hair so that scalp doesn't show
  • Added graphical offsets to hair for pagan Western Slavic males so that scalp doesn't show
  • Modified Turks to use Turkish DLC faces instead of Cuman
  • Fixed issue where Turks were wearing Cuman clothes instead of Turkish
I think the hair offsets made way back here got lost at some point.

Not sure, but is the portrait_properties.txt having an effect?
Noticed that the base game now has a folder portrait_properties containing 00_portrait_properties.txt

Been about a year so don't know when that was changed.
Shouldn't matter since the mod's portrait properties filename comes after 00_portrait_properties.txt alphabetically. So PRP's properties overrides.
I think the hair offsets made way back here got lost at some point.
Could you elaborate on this. Are you seeing a problem with the mod? I've been using it without issue.

I'd love to see this updated. Especially since now there's no way to disable the portrait packs included in the major DLCs without disabling it all (specifically thinking about Monks and Mystics here).

Why all the preview pictures disappeared?

Hey Vladimir, I guess the image host took them down. Free image sites do that over time.

It’s fair to say that this mod is no longer being maintained. I unlisted it from Steam some time ago as Crackdtoothgrin’s DLCs and other mods largely made this one obsolete. Of course there’s always some news twists to put on portraits (and I have several ideas), but those will have to stay tabled. It has been quite some time since I played CK2.