• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Erilaz

Danskr víkingr
36 Badges
Feb 8, 2012
steamcommunity.com
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines

Old Portrait Frames

2HSSD8L.png

Description:
This is a simple graphical mod that gives you back the pre-HL portrait frames.

Download Link*

Installation:
Extract into your "Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod"-folder and select when launching.

Note: The mod does not change the checksum.

*For those who prefer using Steam, the mod is also on the Workshop.

Attachments

• Old_Portrait_Frames_03-09-15.zip
    2,2 MB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Reactions:
Will do.

Spent more time trying to upload the mod to Steam Workshop than making the mod itself. Even though I successfully uploaded a mod for EUIV before... this is just horrendous. I can't be bothered.

Done.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Danke

:)

Nice, thanks a lot... Might try to go back, not a big fan of all those small diamonds and bling. :rolleyes:

I can see the idea of showing the government type in the new frames - but I have experienced that I personally don't use that function for anything, and if I really need to know the government type, I can look at the title, look at the little icon next to the portrait and religion, or simply turn the government map mode on...

Reactions:
The bling was my main concern; didn't want it to be Christmas all year.

Reactions:
No. It's exactly how it was before the Horse Lords DLC.

Reactions:
For some reason the upload expired, I've re-uploaded it. It's also still available through the Steam Workshop.

Reactions:
The upload-site has been corrupted, so I've re-uploaded to the forum (see the first post).

Also, it seems that title-holders under empires still have the imperial frames - but I don't mind to be honest. If you wish for me to revert them as well, please do tell.

The upload-site has been corrupted, so I've re-uploaded to the forum (see the first post).

Also, it seems that title-holders under empires still have the imperial frames - but I don't mind to be honest. If you wish for me to revert them as well, please do tell.

Title holders under empires have imperial frames ?
Not sure what you mean.
Can you post a screenshot to avoid a misunderstanding ?
I use the workshop download and see no issue.

Thanks by the way. :)

Reactions:
Ah. You're right, there seems to be no issue. It was due to a conflict with HIP (never play without it). For some reason they've changed the imperial frames.

Ah. You're right, there seems to be no issue. It was due to a conflict with HIP (never play without it). For some reason they've changed the imperial frames.

Sorry for the necro but were you ever able to resolve that conflict? I'm playing with your mod and HIP and I can confirm that I still have the new frames (with gems and so on) for the Byzantine Empire and its vassals. Other kingdoms (France, etc...) and the HRE do use your Old Portrait Frames though.

Sorry for the necro but were you ever able to resolve that conflict? I'm playing with your mod and HIP and I can confirm that I still have the new frames (with gems and so on) for the Byzantine Empire and its vassals. Other kingdoms (France, etc...) and the HRE do use your Old Portrait Frames though.

If you want to have the old frames for "imperial governments" in HIP you can do the following:

- Go into "...Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod\Old Portrait Frames\gfx\interface" and copy one of each frame size (34, 50, 75, 100, 150 - the other parts of the name doesn't matter since they're all identical) to your clipboard.
- Go into "...Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod\Historical Immersion Project\gfx\governments" and paste.
- Delete the ones that were already there (e.g. "charframe_75_imperial.dds").
- Add the the "_imperial" extension to the ones that you copied from my mod folder so they have the names of the ones that you deleted.

Of course you'd have to redo this whenever you update your HIP version.

If you want to have the old frames for "imperial governments" in HIP you can do the following:

- Go into "...Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod\Old Portrait Frames\gfx\interface" and copy one of each frame size (34, 50, 75, 100, 150 - the other parts of the name doesn't matter since they're all identical) to your clipboard.
- Go into "...Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod\Historical Immersion Project\gfx\governments" and paste.
- Delete the ones that were already there (e.g. "charframe_75_imperial.dds").
- Add the the "_imperial" extension to the ones that you copied from my mod folder so they have the names of the ones that you deleted.

Of course you'd have to redo this whenever you update your HIP version.

Worked perfectly, thanks a bunch!

And thanks again for your mod, now my eyes can stop bleeding at those ridiculous gems and everpresent ribbons.

Fair enough. My main reason for not doing it (aside from laziness) is that these new government types never used the old portrait frames - and to be honest, I don't usually look anywhere near the eastern edge of the map.