• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
"Change council position" button does nothing when clicked.

Respectfully Disagree x 1
If you disagree might yer noble being explain for us poor, dumb peasants how we can avoid said grim fate ?

It's just that I would gladly play this mod, but I somehow prefer to "change council positions" instead of firing my councilors to get the negative modifier each time.

Most likely an oversight or something we missed with the cultural re-work for Men.

Bug still not fixed in the last version.

Can concur.

Playing as a ruler-designer hobbit the 'Raise Patrols' option continues to auto-select every month. I can manually turn it off but it just resets itself.

If you're experiencing the same issue, I performed a very rough fix by simply removing the icon and the effects of the decision (reduces income - to a very large extent if you're a OPM - and reduces revolt risk) by editing a file, which is attached. Download and place in Crusader Kings II\mod\Middle Earth\common\event_modifiers - over-write when prompted.

Alternatively, just delete the file for the same effect. Don't select 'Raise Patrols' if you do though, or your game will crash.

Attachments

• cg_modifiers.txt
    69 bytes · Views: 6
Last edited:
Children still don't get their adulthood traits?

Are the professions supposed to replace adulthood traits?
Hello Folks, same happened to me, no child born in the game has adulthood trait.
Also, 50y in-game elven kingdoms are destroyed, they are missing basic buildings.
Not sure if it's occurring only in my games, but I'm experiencing too many crashes :(
Cheers!

Bug still not fixed in the last version.
Not really a bug, just the accompanying events have been removed from the mod so it calls nothing.
is it possible to create your own ring of power in this? would love to attempt a second Sauron
Not currently, but ring crafting's on our list.
For some reason, I can't never play dwarves because the game crashes everytime i choose them
Doesn't happen for me, sorry, idk what'd cause that.
Children still don't get their adulthood traits?

Are the professions supposed to replace adulthood traits?
They haven't, how do you mean they aren't getting them? We added new custom events to grant traits for children throughout their childhood now.

Can concur.

Playing as a ruler-designer hobbit the 'Raise Patrols' option continues to auto-select every month. I can manually turn it off but it just resets itself.

If you're experiencing the same issue, I performed a very rough fix by simply removing the icon and the effects of the decision (reduces income - to a very large extent if you're a OPM - and reduces revolt risk) by editing a file, which is attached. Download and place in Crusader Kings II\mod\Middle Earth\common\event_modifiers - over-write when prompted.

Alternatively, just delete the file for the same effect. Don't select 'Raise Patrols' if you do though, or your game will crash.
Think I know the problem and will try something for the next version.

Hello Folks, same happened to me, no child born in the game has adulthood trait.
Also, 50y in-game elven kingdoms are destroyed, they are missing basic buildings.
Not sure if it's occurring only in my games, but I'm experiencing too many crashes :(
Cheers!
Not sure what you mean by missing basic buildings?
Crashes seem to happen within years of any game I start. Any other suggestions?
Hi!
I wondered if there is any recommended settings of game rules?
Also Saruman so easily defeated by Rohan at the start of the game, is it meant to be this way?
Probably turn off the marriage and children rule as noone seems to know that one and report that "Aragorn's got kids??"
Balancing is hard, without playtesting suggestions from players for how exactly we can improve balance, we just plug in values and hope.

Crashes are happening for undiagnosed reasons, unless someone can find out the causes, which thus far noone has hence the crashing, all we can do is fix random issues and hope something we do corrects the crashes. Sorry, we, the Dev team, wish more than anything for the crashing to be fixed so you all can enjoy our work.

Not really a bug, just the accompanying events have been removed from the mod so it calls nothing.

Not currently, but ring crafting's on our list.

Doesn't happen for me, sorry, idk what'd cause that.

They haven't, how do you mean they aren't getting them? We added new custom events to grant traits for children throughout their childhood now.

Think I know the problem and will try something for the next version.

Not sure what you mean by missing basic buildings?

Probably turn off the marriage and children rule as noone seems to know that one and report that "Aragorn's got kids??"
Balancing is hard, without playtesting suggestions from players for how exactly we can improve balance, we just plug in values and hope.

Crashes are happening for undiagnosed reasons, unless someone can find out the causes, which thus far noone has hence the crashing, all we can do is fix random issues and hope something we do corrects the crashes. Sorry, we, the Dev team, wish more than anything for the crashing to be fixed so you all can enjoy our work.

oh sorry by childhood traits I meant the adulthood traits like brilliant commander and so on

Hey there, I was wondering why there's little costs to positive traits? I'm just used to having balance good with the bad, but perhaps this is popular with people? But it just seems to make it easier than it should be.

20190810.jpg

Apparently Celeborn is nicknamed "1900" I couldn't find any reference to such a nickname, not sure if it's a bug or not. No DLCs used.
I've installed the optional bookmarks but this one is the War of the Ring bookmark.

Edit :
20190811.jpg

I'm guessing that's a placeholder but just in case the chief of Isendale seems to be... a tent.

Edit 2 :
20190812.jpg

Am I missing something ? As far as I understand I need to have of those buildings to build a tiny market. I have a Small Household Farm but it doesn't seem to be recognized as such.
For that matter does building farms influence the population growth ?

Last edited: