• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Basically, moving the history around so that the War of the Ring is around 7500, not 11361. This sounds simple, but believe me its not. Also, its trying to have more correct dates for things too.

We've found the History overhaul to be a massive stumbling block for any further development of the mod and the New MEP team being, as we stand, unfit to complete it. With the lack of progress has come a lack of interest in whatever minor work we can do and feelings of disappointment and failure in ourselves. This all added together with the growing and widespread movement away from CK2 to CK3 has left us questioning further wheel spinning. As such we will be posting a final release with what work we've managed and unfortunately disbanding the team. This release should be the most playable yet and remain so for as long as ck2 is, especially in pre-10k years.
We hope you enjoyed the work we put forth over the last year and a half.
The New MEP Team 2018-2020

• 13Like
Reactions:
Hello, I don't know if you'll read this or not but thanks for all your contributions to the mod! Its been close to 2 years since I've played this mod. I had a few questions:

1) What happened to some of the traits/trait icons? Pure/Strong blood of Numenor (Black/Silver shield icon) is gone and replaced by a singular blood drop icon. Half elf and elven blood seem entirely gone. I really liked the eugenics game of trying to keep the bloodline pure.

2) What happened to all the buildings and why is there only a single built building in every county from tier 2 to 5 and no more special or cultural buildings? Playing as King of Umbar I only have 1100 troops and 2 ships???

3) Which version .6 or .7 has the missing traits if you know. I'll download them later to find out and will delete this if I do find out.

Thank you very much.

Reactions:
We tried to streamline the mod, it was getting clunky and also, had bugged code we didn't know how to fix.

Is one of those bugs that a load of the Maia in Valinor always die off after 4 days? or is there a way to fix that? I think it's the same 18 every time, and I've tried changing their traits around to valar instead of maiar but that doesn't help

The Valar do not really do anything in game. We just included them for fun/lore. There might be some auto event killing them off after game start?

yeah I wasn't really expecting anything game-changing to happen from them like a second war of wrath or Melian returning to Middle Earth. It's definitely still playable and a great mod regardless, I'd just prefer to keep them alive if anyone knows how.