• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Right now, its most stable before 10k, so anything from 1-9999. You can play without bookmarks, the history is sketchy but has been worked on my the teams before we got control of the mod.

This instability and history sketchiness is why we are doing the historical overhaul *wink wink* :D

Things I liked and didn't like about my current campaign, I think here is the right place for that. So come on:

Of the things that I liked and found interesting, some things that happened and I think were cool and it would be possible, I started playing with Arahad, a year after Riddemark started on the rohirim. So, Orcs managed to be very powerful, even random wights were able to revive Angmar, and they are making great terror in the region, I felt a lot of dynamism in that, not entirely because the other races do not usually come together to defeat the evil armies.

I think the colonization is a little broken, the orcs gain a lot of wealth, they colonize everything they can, it makes them have a huge army, that's what happened with Gundabad here, they took Rivendell, dwarf lands, and even Lohtórien without much effort after that, is it good? Yes, but not by the means that achieved it I think. In addition, the Hobbits also colonize everything they can, taking over many Dunedain lands, it would be a bit impossible to revive Arthedain after that, without going to war with the Hobbits.

Another thing I did not like to happen was the death of Sauron, the Witch King and another Nazgul, they died, yes, died under suspicious circumstances, so the Black Numenorians now rule the lands of the Witghs, Mordor and Ithilien.

20200112012554_1.jpg
20200112012559_1.jpg
20200112012608_1.jpg
20200112013314_1.jpg
20200112014144_1.jpg

I did a wight on the Fourth Age bookmark by Ruler Designer of course, and I was wondering if there is a way I can get a fellbeast mount using the console command, is it possible?

Hey folks. I'm a former/inactive dev on this mod.

What's been done by the current team is great, so much deep content is there. <3 <3 <3

For my own friends I made a fork of the code a few months ago to make a tribute mod to my old pencil and paper campaign and companions. I had a Middle Earth Roleplaying/ICE campaign which ran for 30 years of real time and 200 years of game time. Two of the players are dead in real, so this is partly a tribute to them.

So it's Third Age 1630, 5 years before the Great Plague, a Cardolan Duke named Arnendil gathers his friends and sets out to re-establish the already mostly depopulated Kingdom of Cardolan. The main PC's and enemies are selectable from the dropdown at start. I haven't done anything specific with other times but about TA 1409-1999 or so, but I did make lots of global changes which will have effects if you try to play at other times.

There's two versions now on steam: Middle Earth Arnendil which is the 'stable' (less unstable) version, and the development branch, which is Middle_Earth_Great_Plague (note underscores).

To improve stability I recommend playing at no more than speed 2, and pausing before mousing around clicking things in the interface. Set monthly autosave on.

At start rules strongly recommended: no family generation, no defensive pacts, no Chinese Causus Belli except the border war pay to take a county, no ban on disconnected realm segments.

You can comment here or on the steam forums, just don't expect an immediate response, I am a lone retired person with disability and this is just a thing for friends. You're welcome to use the code for non-commercial purposes with appropriate credits to rights holders and the main dev team as well as me hhardy01.

You will need to friend me on steam to see the two contributions, keeping this private for now. I'm Kimball Kinnison on steam. I often forget to unlock the dev branch after uploading so pm me if you need access.

PM me if you need my steam friend code to connect.

These are full mods; not submods. You do not need to and should not also load the main Middle-Earth mod. Back that up and the associated .mod file just in case there are conflicts I missed somehow before loading one of these.

This is a parody of the Lord of the Rings and related works made by me, for me and my friends private, non-commercial use and may not be sold, rented or used for any commercial purpose. All rights are retained by the rights holders.

Moderator: Please let me know if I need to move discussion of these derivative mod versions to a separate item. Thanks.

Most of the credit goes to the dev team, credit for broken things is on me. :)

Please let me know if you enjoy this mod, and if so, what do you like about it?

20200214175839_1.jpg

Last edited:
Some of the features which I've enabled or extended in Middle_Earth_Great_Plague compared to the base Middle-Earth mod when I forked it include pre-planted wonders, Cardolan mercenaries, republics and trade zones, retinues, changes to aging code to enable longer lives esp for Dunedain, changes to the Great Plague itself, reduce race hatred modifier from -100% to -25%.

Fixed Tom Bombadil into a badass and gave his realm the Bree namelists so not every man there is named Tom.

Major changes in Eriador including terrain, race, religion, population, Tyrn Gorthad holdings at start.

Made Rhun and Wainriders into nomads, which makes Rhun a huge power.

It's fun to play as intended, as a "lower-decks episode" albeit with super-buffed characters representing my old PC's, two of whom reached level 100+ in 30+ years of real time playing.

A good project is to take a large kingdom like Rhun or Rhovanion or Gondor or Khazad-dum.

If you want more challenge, take one of the strange single or two county realms owned by the PC's who were Arnendil's minions and mates.

It's really hard to keep Arnendil alive. I told one of the original PC's this mod version could be titled, "Arnendil: Die Hard on a Barrow Mound."

Right off as Arnendil you got to duel, assassinate, and/or war on Miffli, Sara Oakheart, Lachglin, Ardagor. Marl Tarma seems to mostly leave you alone. Argovon is in love with your wife, but as long as he stays happy, it doesn't seem to cause any problem. Use your healing power to cast protection from darkness on yourself so enemy sorcerers don't make you take a walk out an open window. Grab Tharbad, Saralainn and the other Gwathlo river provinces early. Most of your surviving population base is in the Gwathlo basin or odd provinces where refugees from Rhudaur and Cardolan have built up. Don't drink your own potions, give them away to people you don't value too much, they can backfire and incapacitate the drinker. I've even had an unsolicited healing spell from Tom Bombadil "ruin me."

Be judicious in using the purge the realm option, it can lead to wights or wilderness taking over newly depopulated areas.

What bug? Need more info...

yeah, its been fixed.

I've been playing around with the game, managed to seize a sizeable portion of Angmar as an Arnorian character, is there a way to flip the culture and religion similar to colonization? I've triedu sing the purge feature, but it doesn't exactly do a culture flip or so, do I keep using it until culture flips or is it currently something that is being worked on?

New Release!

https://www.moddb.com/mods/ck2-middle-earth-project/downloads/middle-earth-project-083

0.83 Highlights: fixed education bug (kids not getting trait when reaching adulthood)
added Elf Friends events
made the Ring ungiftable ("Sorry Karen you can't give this ring to your doggo." - Sauron)
made the Vow of Cerin and Amroth only active if the "Canon" rule is activated
added the Melkor culture group to those who shouldn't die of old age
Tharbad no longer has hobbits in 9000
Lond Daer given correct prov history
Wainrider king-tier rulers given some counties for their demesne
Angost and Balost counties given their correct lieges
New positions for provinces
Many chars given correct lore for their death reasons/dates

This is not the history overhaul, but just a regular release fixing some things.

Enjoy!

Which version of Ck2 is this on? I'm having indeterminate CTDs, and I don't see any mention of a specific version on the moddb page. Posted my latest error log, hope it helps.

Attachments

• error.log
    1,1 MB · Views: 10
Its for 3.3.2 (or whatever the latest ck2 version is).

You might want to try before 10000, the game doesn't seem to like dates beyond 9999. Hence, why we are doing an overhaul to history.

Starting before should help. I think going past 10 should be fine, but not sure.

How exactly does culture conversion work here? I'm trying to re-establish a Gondorian version of Dorwinion. I gave the provinces to Orcs, hoping they'd purge the Dorwinionrim for me. When they purge the Dorwinion pops go down,but the moment they go below 0 they return as 1000 and the culture stays Dorwinion?

I'm just trying to get the provinces to become Wilderness so I can colonize them and make culture Gondorian.

Is there another way of converting culture? Event 55000 doesn't work :(

Arnorian culture doesn't use the static culture modifier, so they have the vanilla troop stats.

And since the Eotheod were wandering horse-lords still, shouldn't they also use the Rohirrim modifier?