• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Drat people, believe Shaytana when he(she?) says it's not easy to implement bloodlines. I have been working on the Blood of Solomon for over an hour now and this is all I have come up with:

"Bold it may be, but the Kings of Abyssinia claim their descent from none other Solomon, son of David and King of Israel. Solomon's night of passion with the Queen of Sheba, named Makeda in the Etheopian tradition, produced a line of kings who ruled over one of the most far-flung regions of the Abrahamic world. In their remotness the Solomonids of Abyssinia and their neighbours have been afforded an unprecedented religious autonomy that has yielded surprising-and potentially blasphemous-results. Like the pagan Saba across the Red Sea, and the wraped brand of Sol Invictus held by the Aksumite rulers to the north, the Solomonid kings are nothing short of the sons of God. Subscribing to their own brand of Christianity, the Solomonids have taken the Monophysite assertion of Christ's singular nature as a divine-human a step further to claim that Christ is, in fact, Solomon returned. Abyssinia's kings—and more recently its population—have come to believe that Solomon was divine, an incarnation of the King of Kings, and the Perfect Divine ruler. Unsurprisingly, the Solomonid's dynastic ties to Solomon sees themselves become an extension of God's Will and the only peoples destined to establish Heaven's Kingdom on Earth."

And I'm not happy with this at all; too much fluff, not enough fake-history. >:~I

edit: What I really want to capitalize on is all the bat-poo crazy stuff that's going on in this region of the world. We've got three kingdoms (Saba, Aksum, Abyssinia) that have rulers/dynasties that claim to be descended from God! One's a pretty warped brand of Sol Invictus, another some good ol' traditional paganism, and the other is Christianity for poop's sake! Come on, there's got to be an awesome history to delve into here.

How about the Ark of the Covenant? The main Christian church in Ethiopia does claim to have it, maybe the jewish god spoke directly to the queen of sheba saying that her she needed to safeguard the ark as her future bloodline were the only ones capable of doing so?

How about the Ark of the Covenant? The main Christian church in Ethiopia does claim to have it, maybe the jewish god spoke directly to the queen of sheba saying that her she needed to safeguard the ark as her future bloodline were the only ones capable of doing so?
How about an Ark of the Covenant trait that can bounce around Christian and non-Christian powers (Non-Christians could sell it off if they want to make a sizable amount of cash if they manage to loot it)? THAT would be cool.

@Smitzer

Hopefully it will. :) It will hopefully get some specific stuff for it in a future version too.

@KaTiON

Very nice work on that Empire! On 1day building...that's an obvious unintended issue/bug of some sort. I will look into it.

-------------
On the Ark thing, actually maybe a title, Keeper of the Ark of the Covenant titular something. ;)

KaTiON I've loaded your savegame, my buildtimes in Rome are 106 days in your savegame. Hmmmmmmmm. That's not quite bad, given everything decreasing buildtime from technology to the high stewardship ratings to technology and the steward being sent to decrease construction time. In any case I will address the issue by making the various things that decrease buildtime have less effect, so it should be better in tonight's update.

Wow.. 65 pages. I congrats you Shaytana, excellent work. But a question, has anything been changed with trade/events?

Trade? No. Events there's 220+ new ones made by me alone, many other events from the other mods etc.

KaTiON thanks again for that savegame! It's going to be invaluable to test some things! :laugh:

I've fixed the issue now - in your savegame now with all modifiers applied including master builder - and pretty much everything else under heaven that can decrease construction costs - (after doing some build times rebalancing too) most things you can build in Rome require 264 days to build - which I find reasonable given the godlike amount of stuff applied to decrease build time atm.

I have corrected MANY event text issues and improved some events text slightly. Tonight's fixing update should be a definite improvement in that area.

Ok guys i am enlarging text size so more people see this and give me their opinion!

I hear the desire for more explanation of the timeline/history! I want to explain it better but i wanted to do it in game. One way to do it might be in the scenario start screen where you pick your character - in the bottom left corner where you have a description of the situation - i am unsure if you can put more text in there and if you can make that window scroll down... In any case i will be looking into it. As a compromise i could post a timeline in the first post of this thread.

Any ideas on how to best put the history in game? Maybe someone can come up with a brilliant solution i have overlooked. Or do you at least want a timeline in the first post of this thread under a spoiler tag?

Until a better solution is found I will be posting a historical timeline in the first post of this thread later today.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have started posting the timeline in the first post up to 279 BCE now...problem is there's just too much information I think. :( I'll continue expanding it after lunch.

Last edited:
Im working on adding some more titular Kingdom and Empire titles ATM, ill post them here when I've done them.

ATM there are,

Kingdom of Pontus,Hellenic and maybe a Mithridates VI style empire spanning all of anotolia.
Gallic Empire, southern france, roman / romano gothic
Delia League ( Kingdom Rank), hellenic, athens and western anatolia
Hunnic Empire, (culture Hungarian), Hungarian basin and Crimea

I try and think of some more as i go along, perhapse just the generic King of the Lombards, teutons allamani ect.

Last edited:
Hehehehe, it should be noted that it is HIGHLY likely that the next update will include a Kingdom of Pontus and a Sarmatian Kingdom. :laugh:

Ha, Ive been looking at brition and how to make it more intresting, I had an extremely fun game playing as a Roman count then Dux in the Londinium area, perhapse add a roman or romano british (dynasty Flavian or Claudian?) count or duke in london, somewhat simmilar to the HRE? and maybe mix the kingdom of England up a little, split it up into Britannia Inferior, and Britannia Superior and give the Normans a claim on wessex.

Ha, Ive been looking at brition and how to make it more intresting, I had an extremely fun game playing as a Roman count then Dux in the Londinium area, perhapse add a roman or romano british (dynasty Flavian or Claudian?) count or duke in london, somewhat simmilar to the HRE? and maybe mix the kingdom of England up a little, split it up into Britannia Inferior, and Britannia Superior and give the Normans a claim on wessex.

I will look into the British setup in the future don't worry. :) (but everything has to make sense) Right now the next update will feature some changes to the Balkan and Hellenistic area. There's 3 new kingdoms coming in for certain. :laugh:

-now going back to expanding the timeline in first post.

I've noticed a Pendragon dynasty in Wales. Are they supposed to be the descendants of King Arthur ?

I believe so, but we'll have to wait for Shaytana to implement and release the promised Royal Blood trait for the Pendragons.

Has Meneth's cultural spread through ports mod been incorporated, so cultures can spread to/from islands?

Yes on Pendragons (but with a twist, wait and see, I will implement their blood trait soon), and yes on Meneth's culture spread through ports.

---------------------

I have expanded the historical timeline in first post to 216 BCE. Now going to do some RL stuff, I will then continue to expand that timeline when I return.

Mayhaps as another small figure, a descendant of Pontius Pilate (Dynasty, Pilatus?).. whether a claimed descendant or a real one, I could work on a short bloodline description for that.

I will be reworking that area somewhat in the near future, but sadly there is no space for a Pontius Pilate dynasty... well maybe and I stress the word MAYBE, as a count at most for some pseudo-descendant. :(

------------------------------------
-I've expanded the timeline in the first post to 205 BCE.

A lot of Medieval Roman families claimed descendance from famous Classical Roman gens like the Camili, the Claudii, the Fabii... most of those claims were spurious, but, hey, the effect remains. It's the fame what counts. Why couldn't the obscure Pilates have grown into something more decent, like the Severi did, or like the Helvii could have had Pertinax not been killed for being a good emperor.