• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is it possible to create a royal dynasty in Ireland without an Irish culture? For example a Norse-gaelic king which can inherit his kingship to his son who also happens to share the same culture (norse-gaelic) as his father.

Well there are Norse-Gaelic rulers in Ireland, but to specifically create another dynasty or character, you'd need the Beard Designer DLC

That's going to depend on your ability to whether the inevitable Irish rebellions against non-Celtic rulers.

That's going to depend on your ability to whether the inevitable Irish rebellions against non-Celtic rulers.

Well, I crushed one rebellion after I became King. Then my king character died, and playing as his oldest son and the heir an instant event pop up, that the nobles of the high kingship of Hiberia would never accept a foreigner as their king. Funny, cause all my vassals are Norse-Gaelic and most of their vassals are it too. I basiacly have wiped out the majority of Irish nobles in the country.

my dxdiag saying: Memory: 6144MB RAM

Go to My Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\Lux Invicta

Delete everything except saves.
Should do the trick. If not, delete cache, log and saves from its parent folder too.

Couple of suggestions for the team.
1: Give the mercantile traditions line a +%income boost effect in addition to the +income effect. As it is now, its the only one of the three where the effects are kinda generic. Missionary traditions has the huge for lux research boost, and martial has huge +levy% and +morale.
2: Tone down or eliminate the stat requirement on some of the low tier buildings. Eg harbors and shipbuilders. If you aren't running a republic, it will always be almost always be baron level vassals building those, and they don't have very good state stats, because they don't have councilors.
3. Please remove the stat requirements for t1 trade post upgrades. AI republics have enough trouble without getting hit with early upgrade limits.

Hi. I think this might be a problem with BLC but I'm not entirely sure.

For some rulers, mainly along the very eastern edge of the map, there is nothing but a black portrait. Occasionally the hat or helmet of the character will appear, but not their face or any kind of background.

But, speaking of BLC, how much of it does the lite version of LI disable? I'm not having memory problems, I just really find most of the BLC additions to be.. kind of ugly.

If you have black portraits, it's almost certainly a lack of a portrait DLC.

The BLC lite version has not been updated since Shaytana left, so is still patch 1.06b compliant... so won't work without some serious editing. It wouldn't really be hard, just time consuming, since I'm pretty sure it's almost completely editing of portraits.gfx (and portrait_sprites.gfx, since the spriteType definitions got exported to that file with 1.07.)

Couple of suggestions for the team.

1: Give the mercantile traditions line a +%income boost effect in addition to the +income effect. As it is now, its the only one of the three where the effects are kinda generic. Missionary traditions has the huge for lux research boost, and martial has huge +levy% and +morale.
2: Tone down or eliminate the stat requirement on some of the low tier buildings. Eg harbors and shipbuilders. If you aren't running a republic, it will always be almost always be baron level vassals building those, and they don't have very good state stats, because they don't have councilors.
3. Please remove the stat requirements for t1 trade post upgrades. AI republics have enough trouble without getting hit with early upgrade limits.
since I'm the culprit anyway:
1) the coming version has each tradition tier above lvl 3 give a choice of traits, one of which for mercantile traditions give a tax modifier bonus (Prudene). But yeah, I did think the flat income bonus was a a bit underwhelming.
2) I guess I'll need to review. Thanks for the notice.
3) are trade post requirements that high? The highest realm stat requirement is 20 for the last tiers, mainly to prevent all but the most ineffectual players (the AI does upgrade their TP's, but like vanilla prefers creating extra TPs - especially since the cost can't be modded and they're one war away from disappearing).

1-3) Yes

4) It might be possible using father_even_if_dead and spouse_even_if_dead, there is no mother_even_if_dead and other than those two tests, you can't reference dead characters.
5) The liege's traits are given to whom? Answer that question, then just add liege = { trait = x } to the trigger.
6) I'm afraid you have to write an event for each variation (updating the SELIN events would be much simpler if the other thing was possible... only got about halfway through them last night.)
4)so... how does "father_even_if_dead = yes" and "spouse_even_if_dead = yes" work? trigger or scope, as in father_even_if_dead = { }.
and "mother" probably references dead characters as well, unless the dacia guy was misinformed?
5)ah. I thought I needed to write some root prevprev things first... or do I?
6) ... T_T

Last edited:
1) the coming version has each tradition tier above lvl 3 give a choice of traits, one of which for mercantile traditions give a tax modifier bonus (Prudene). But yeah, I did think the flat income bonus was a a bit underwhelming.

The more I think about it, the more im having my doubts about the whole traditions system. I mean, its a good idea, but the mechanics looks like a nightmare for debugging, and theres the whole trait bloat issue.

3) are trade post requirements that high? The highest realm stat requirement is 20 for the last tiers, mainly to prevent all but the most ineffectual players (the AI does upgrade their TP's, but like vanilla prefers creating extra TPs - especially since the cost can't be modded and they're one war away from disappearing).

static_modifiers.txt
Code:
castle = {
	tax_income = 4
	fort_level = 3
	build_cost_modifier = 500
	build_time_modifier = 730
	light_infantry = 60
	heavy_infantry = 150
	light_cavalry = 15
	galleys = 3
	levy_reinforce_rate = 1.25
	land_organisation = 0.2
}

city = {
	tax_income = 12
	fort_level = 0
	light_infantry = 75
	archers = 40
	galleys = 5
	land_organisation = 0.2
}

temple = {
	tax_income = 8
	heavy_infantry = 45
	light_infantry = 45
	archers = 40
	galleys = 2
	levy_reinforce_rate = 0.25
	land_organisation = 0.2
}

trade_post = {
	tax_income = 6
	fort_level = 0
	levy_size = 0
	light_infantry = 50
	archers = 50
	build_cost_modifier = 150
	build_time_modifier = 365
	land_organisation = 0.2
}

family_palace = {
	tax_income = 10
	fort_level = 0
	light_infantry = 40
	archers = 10
	galleys = 5
	levy_reinforce_rate = 1.25
	land_organisation = 0.2
}

and "mother" probably references dead characters as well, unless the dacia guy was misinformed?

The Dacia guy has info from people who know their junk

The more I think about it, the more im having my doubts about the whole traditions system. I mean, its a good idea, but the mechanics looks like a nightmare for debugging, and theres the whole trait bloat issue.
I've been combing over most scenarios that could cause potential problems, especially in terms of inheritance and acquisition (I've temporarily disabled deferring the decision until later while I test how to make an effective flagging mechanism for example). As for bonuses, I've been tweaking them while working on the events trying to not make them underwhelming nor overwhelming

static_modifiers.txt
THAT!
or rather, do I have permission to edit those sections?
... and what the hell does land organization do? or rather, is that vanilla or did shaytana write that? #unlikely because the TP and FP also have values, which mean land organization has to do something, or has an effect that is currently disabled...

The Dacia guy has info from people who know their junk

probably. but my honour demands I go ad hominem over it :p

please dear sol no more trait bloating...although it is amusing to have a Kwisatz Haderach by simply living forever ala Duncan
damn you and your spoilers. I've only read the prequels (too lazy to hunt for paperback copies)
as punishment for your crime, I'll add MOAR traits :laugh:
(though I'm only adding at most two extra traits per character anyway)