• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm curious.. what has now become the most valuable county (not looking at holdings)? Constantinople, Baghdad, Basra and others were so rich and strong, yet they lack resources. While empourie somewhere in Aquitaine, a little county has minerals, stone and more.

Also, is there any gold in, for example, Tirol or la mancha?

Reason I'm asking is since I want start the establishment the capitals of capitals as Haesteinn, preparing an invasion on Asturias as I'm typing. Going for Lugo at the moment, gambling on the improve holding slots and amking use of the river, coast and resources available. Not to mention the vast forest and location might make Haesteinn miss home a little less and it is ofcourse a good landing spot for him and his longships.
L3T doesn't provide any historical ressources distribution. Main cause is that we aim for compatibility with various maps, so we can't attach a ressource to a province ID. Other reason is that it would a huge amount of research and short-lived code since Paradox continues to add or tweak provinces each patches.
Not sure why you said "has become", this was always like that in L3T, it is not something that we'd plan to change.

Who would decide the types of specializations? That feudal lords determines the specializations of his own castles makes sense to me, but I don't think it's the mayor or bishops or their overlords' job to determine whether should a city be industrial or commercial, or should a church be an episcopal see.

Who would decide the types of specializations? That feudal lords determines the specializations of his own castles makes sense to me, but I don't think it's the mayor or bishops or their overlords' job to determine whether should a city be industrial or commercial, or should a church be an episcopal see.
Short answer : it's AI's job to decide :p

Bishops are always AI, so AI decides. You can imagine upon your roleplay vision who really decides behind the game engine ;) the AI behavior will change a bit in upcoming version for these.
Same for mayors, unless your are a Merchant republic.
If as a player you found a new demesne, (city or temple), you'll decide its specialization. If you don't want to, grant the demesne to someone and then the AI will deal this for you ;)

What is your vision on who should decide then ?

I am less imaginative than Paradox here so i have no clue how exactly are supposed to be represented reformed religious and so the specs that could fit.
I personaly never play with reformation on and and very few with pagans.
I'll of course take suggestions for them either on religion side and other demesnes types.

Well, for the polytheistic pagans you could have different specializations for the various deity archetypes. Fertility gods could have temples dedicated to farming and economy tech, war gods could have temples focused on levys or military tech, maybe pantheon heads like Odin could have temples that connect and interact with other temples in the region kind of like trade cities do now.

Cathedrals are finally being implemented lol. You wrote about the localization about three years ago.
They were in and then out of the mod, the feature is widely overhauled and much better now ;)

L3T doesn't provide any historical ressources distribution. Main cause is that we aim for compatibility with various maps, so we can't attach a ressource to a province ID. Other reason is that it would a huge amount of research and short-lived code since Paradox continues to add or tweak provinces each patches.
Not sure why you said "has become", this was always like that in L3T, it is not something that we'd plan to change.

Sorry I forgot that the resources were dynamic.

why isn't this compatible with EMF?
From what I can tell they both change buildings so it is not incompatible per say it is unbalanced so you could play together if you want I have 2 versions of HIP one with and without and am considering getting rid of the non-EMF version and still playing with this.

Is this mod still being worked on?

Is this mod still being worked on?
On a very slow path for the past weeks and currently i admit, but it is surely still worked on.

Maybe I found glitch (dont know if it was already here). Depopulation is persistent. I have minor depopulation of my capital county for few decades. I found out on reddit other player who use this mod (plus some others, but only this one was common with me) and have same problem.

Maybe I found glitch (dont know if it was already here). Depopulation is persistent. I have minor depopulation of my capital county for few decades. I found out on reddit other player who use this mod (plus some others, but only this one was common with me) and have same problem.
I encountered it a good while ago, I can't remember if i fixed this already in our dev version, i'll investigate.

Information for all, L3T works fine with 2.7.2^^
I'd probabbly have more time to dedicate to the mod at the end of september (holidays yay), in counterpart the rest of september will be really busy.

Methinks cities in general and Merchant Republics' trade post are somewhat weak that Venice can't really compete with the big blobs surrounding it, perhaps they need a buff?

Also, there appears to be a mistake in an event description here:

9TjPCTJg.png

TfBEz

Last edited:
Plus one more thing. Its not bug, just, is there any possibility to eliminate pop-ups like "poor harvest", "droughs" and others? I am play with WtWSMS, have great empire, many counties under my direct rule and 5-6 times per month pop-up about some harvests, peasants and other. I know I can get rid of it by leaving counties to vassals, but they do not like me and I want to have strong control. And one more time, thanks for this great mod! :)

Methinks cities in general and Merchant Republics' trade post are somewhat weak that Venice can't really compete with the big blobs surrounding it, perhaps they need a buff?
Any idea what could be done ? Is it really L3T specific or not ?
It would probably be hard to balance, especialy considering it should work either with vanilla and SWMH map.

Also, there appears to be a mistake in an event description here:
9TjPCTJg.png

TfBEz
Will fix.

Plus one more thing. Its not bug, just, is there any possibility to eliminate pop-ups like "poor harvest", "droughs" and others? I am play with WtWSMS, have great empire, many counties under my direct rule and 5-6 times per month pop-up about some harvests, peasants and other. I know I can get rid of it by leaving counties to vassals, but they do not like me and I want to have strong control. And one more time, thanks for this great mod! :)
Since these events tend to occur on contiguous provinces, yes, it could be spammy. 5-6 times a month sounds exagerated though.
There's nothing we can really do, we lowered a lot of time already the chances to get those events and i am currently satisfied with there current level of occurence.
You can maybe try to fiddle with the message options, or you'll have to mod a bit the events to have them as notifications instead of windowed events, as it is not an option we'd want to take.

Since these events tend to occur on contiguous provinces, yes, it could be spammy. 5-6 times a month sounds exagerated though.
There's nothing we can really do, we lowered a lot of time already the chances to get those events and i am currently satisfied with there current level of occurence.
You can maybe try to fiddle with the message options, or you'll have to mod a bit the events to have them as notifications instead of windowed events, as it is not an option we'd want to take.
How do you do that, anyway: Make events appear as notifications? (Don't want to derail, but I could see my mod suffering from the same problem)

How do you do that, anyway: Make events appear as notifications? (Don't want to derail, but I could see my mod suffering from the same problem)
vanilla example
Code:
character_event = {
    id = 247
    desc = EVTDESC247
    picture = GFX_evt_battle
    border = GFX_event_normal_frame_war

is_triggered_only = yes

notification = yes

trigger = {
        is_alive = yes
        NOT = { martial = 10 }
    }

Hi Arko, must say that it is very interesting mod and it would be great to see it as addition to full HIP. That way it would be far best and complex mod ever made for CK2. Can we at least hope that this will happen and that you will make compatible version for EMF?

And again, must say great work and ideas, keep it up!!!