• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Version 1.5 is now available via Steam and Direct Download; it is compatible with version 1.1 Pompey and should be compatible with past saves (the first monthly tick will calculate the new invention setup). I'm working on an alternate version to be compatible with the open beta; hoping to have that for you tomorrow (Saturday) but no guarantees.

==== General Changes & Fixes ====
* Movement costs through the streamlined system are now properly affected by any applicable modifiers
* Subwindows are now properly closed when parent windows are closed
* Fixed an issue where the menu button could not be clicked once the game speed was altered
* Button-based colonization restored

==== Civic Power ====
* Removal of civic power
* Now use oratory power for pop movement and trade
* Inventions now gained over time based on the skills of your researchers

==== Missions ====
* Mission tree for Egypt (11 Missions)

==== Setup ====
* Anatolian Culture group broken off from Persian

Last edited:
You're amazing Rivtaldm! PDX should get you in the payroll! :D

They did have a freelance content designer position posted that I applied to a couple months ago; never heard back (aside from automated thank you email).

Ok folks, here is Version 1.5alt
This version is compatible with the open beta; I don't personally recommend it at the moment as the open beta doesn't have some important fixes from vanilla 1.1.1 and I haven't meaningfully tested 1.5alt (though everything seems to work). If you want to give it a spin, feel free.

I'm also reposting the link to the non-beta version (1.5) of the mod so make sure you get the right one!

Version 1.6 and 1.6alt are scheduled for July 19th and should include identical changes to the mod compatible with vanilla 1.1 and 1.2beta respectively.

Last edited:
Thanks!
It's been awhile since I played around with zip files.

So where do I extract this to?

IR doesn't seem to be organized the way other PDX games are.

Do I need to delete the non-beta 1.5 before extracting?
Or will it overwrite?

Last edited:
Thanks!
It's been awhile since I played around with zip files.

So where do I extract this to?

IR doesn't seem to be organized the way other PDX games are.

Do I need to delete the non-beta 1.5 before extracting?
Or will it overwrite?

It's not organized the way other games are in the game files, but you don't want to put the mod there. It needs to be unpacked and then the .mod file and the riv_gladio folder go in Documents/Paradox Interactive/Imperator/mod; if there isn't already a mod folder in that Imperator folder create one and drop those in there.

It's not organized the way other games are in the game files, but you don't want to put the mod there. It needs to be unpacked and then the .mod file and the riv_gladio folder go in Documents/Paradox Interactive/Imperator/mod; if there isn't already a mod folder in that Imperator folder create one and drop those in there.

I did as advised, BUT...
There's an issue right off the bat.
I'm just using the GeS 1.2 beta mod and no other mods.
At the top of the main screen, there are 4 identical looking buttons: 2 for decisions, 2 for "MISSIONS_MENU". They extend the round buttons towards the top right, and are covering up the notification tabs. I tried this without GeS enabled, and the buttons were gone.

I did as advised, BUT...
There's an issue right off the bat.
I'm just using the GeS 1.2 beta mod and no other mods.
At the top of the main screen, there are 4 identical looking buttons: 2 for decisions, 2 for "MISSIONS_MENU". They extend the round buttons towards the top right, and are covering up the notification tabs. I tried this without GeS enabled, and the buttons were gone.

Oh *#&# ; that's what happens when I try to move fixes from a newer version of the mod I'm working on and do it WRONG. I've updated the links with the corrected version.

I am having an issue with the new alternate version. I did the above instructions and selected it in the launcher, but no changes appear. It is just vanilla 1.2.

Oh *#&# ; that's what happens when I try to move fixes from a newer version of the mod I'm working on and do it WRONG. I've updated the links with the corrected version.

I'll give this a try shortly and let you know how it works out.

I am having an issue with the new alternate version. I did the above instructions and selected it in the launcher, but no changes appear. It is just vanilla 1.2.

I deleted all the IR files from my documents folder before unzipping GeS there into the mod folder.

Is there any chance you can get your province wide buildings to work alongside vanilla province improvement (PI) projects?
Or does the UI make that impossible?

The UI can always be reworked; the PI projects don't work for GES in the Pompey patch because we're missing 2/4 mana types. There's no reason they wouldn't work in Cicero, but don't plan to look at it until that patch is public to avoid making too much of a hash out of my code base. Right now the alternate version that runs with the beta is just the Pompey version + changes necessary to run and I don't want to make extra changes in the interim that don't apply to both versions.

Doesn't seem to be compatible with vae victs :( . Your mod is an amazing overhaul of the game, the best I have seem so far. However Vae Victis is an superior overhaul of Military system. It would be really cool if you guys could work togheter.

Last edited:
I have been playng the 1.2 version with no problems so far, seems quite stable. But how to increase your trade routes in the capital? Would be nice if we had a province level building that increasse comerce routes / comerce value.

I have been playng the 1.2 version with no problems so far, seems quite stable. But how to increase your trade routes in the capital? Would be nice if we had a province level building that increasse comerce routes / comerce value.

The highest level of port improvements gives the province that city is in an extra commerce route; at the moment that's the only improvement available.

I know the marriage bug is Paradox's fault and not yours, but are there any other ways around it? My ruler cannot marry, and while I can use the console I am concerned AI empires will die out too.

I know the marriage bug is Paradox's fault and not yours, but are there any other ways around it? My ruler cannot marry, and while I can use the console I am concerned AI empires will die out too.

It is theoretically possible to create a workaround, but it would be a lot of work because the character selection screen is used for any number of purposes so you'd always have to track when it was being used for marriage and then could generate the marriage by code assuming you could access the right scopes. It would end up being more work than it is worth I think given that PDX should fix it in the next few days.

Version 1.6 is now available for 1.1 patch and Version 1.6alt is available for the 1.2 open beta

==== General Changes & Fixes ====
* Revamped culture conversion calculations to save performance and be more transparent
* Added new province buildings: Foundry, Town Hall and Forum; rearranged building benefits
* Adjust default terrain combat modifiers

==== Missions ====
* Moved the Mission interface into it's own window with a new topbar button (gives functionality for larger mission trees)
* Mission tree for Carthage (24 missions)

==== Setup ====
* Divided Getae nation into four tribes with a decision available to form united Getae tag

==== Beta Version Only ====
* Fix the invention available alert to work properly
* Vanilla fixes/adjustments from beta 'Update 2'

I'm also quite excited that 1.7 (scheduled for August 2nd) will feature an expansion of the map to include China. I've been working on this as a side project for the past few months and it's finally nearing completion. I do plan to maintain a "Light" version of the mod going forward for those who don't want the added performance cost when they're playing in the far west or don't want China in the game generally.
GES_China_Reveal.png

Last edited: