• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Will those buildings have a second modifier so they are not useless without the DLC?

If you don't own Common Sense development cost modifiers give other things instead.

Reactions:
Furthermore, you could have the one beginning node be Mexico, with an Alaskan branch leading to Siberia, a southern branch leading to Argentina, and an eastern branch leading to the Caribbean. Maybe a western to Hawaii. I don't see as it's important to let the colonists direct trade from the Orient to California, considering that the latter had barely been settled by the conclusion of the game.

Beauty in simplicity. One connected network.

Disagree. Take a look at this map, which shows the historical trade routes of Spain (white) and Portugal (blue):

1200px-16th_century_Portuguese_Spanish_trade_routes.png

The Manila trade route was in use from 1565 to 1815, and allowed Spain access to Ming China via Mexico, instead of needing to go around Africa, a route restricted to Portugal by the Treaty of Tordesillas. (Wikipedia ref)

Reactions:
It's just 13.00 local swedish time.

To be honest I would've liked all trade nodes to be able to be pushed back in the other direction given enough power in that node (with some limits to any potential exploits) but oh well.

Ah but that's not what I asked. I asked about the component from terrain. The previously hard to develop provinces should drop more than the rest of them with technological advances making it possible to settle them efficiently. I mean sure an overall drop is nice and I'll take what I can get. Will those reductions be percent of the price or a flat reduction?

No comment, so I guess that unfortunately it is flat reduction ...

I'm liking the changes to the sea zones around some of the islands (Shetlands and the Balearics in particular) that mean you can actually fabricate claims on them now. Looks like southern Italy can have claims fabricated from Tunis now as well (and vice versa). Might make for some interesting Aragon or Tunis strategies.

Last edited:
No comment, so I guess that unfortunately it is flat reduction ...
No I prefer that, it means it becomes more relevant in provinces where it's already cheaper to develop (removes a greater portion of the total cost) probably meaning the ones where you are the least developed. I mean it's not quite as great as reducing the terrain modifiers but at least it won't result in a substantial dicount on developing paris even further.

Last edited:
No I prefer that, it means it becomes more relevant in provinces where it's already cheaper to develop (removes a greater portion of the total cost) probably meaning the ones where you are the least developed. I mean it's not quite as great as reducing the terrain modifiers but at least it won't result in a substantial dicount on developing paris even further.

I agree, but reduction of the terrain/climate modifier (in parallel to any "efficiency" reduction) would be welcomed.

I agree, but reduction of the terrain/climate modifier (in parallel to any "efficiency" reduction) would be welcomed.
Yeah but they also got to consider what they have time to implement, and how much juice they want the final computations to use. That said I still think that they could (/should) do it.