• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Australia is gone now? That sucks, all that hard work. At least brazil will be easier, what with all their VPs along the coast and (possibly) in range of your transports.

I think Brazil will be a bit complicated because it has a strong navy which included battleships so my navy will have to be very and very careful.

remains a quite fantastic read ... & it does indeed make sense that attacking landlocked Switzerland has a major impact on Brazil

but it seems appropriate that you are back in Europe now

I think a lot of plantation owners and government officials keep a lot of money in Swiss banks ;)

This is a mindblowing AAR. Congratulations!

Thank you Peterhoi3! :)

This game is going to start to look like EU3, with better borders :p.

Once I played similar Crusader Kings game where with 100 soldiers from Majorca went to conquer Iberia.

don't die!

I hope I will find some time to continue :)

HO-LY CRAP U R Mental! Well done.

Thank you, jesse9o3. It is a fun so far :)

Fabulous!

Absolutely great!

Subscribified!

:D

Welcome, TheExecuter :)

Ireland Joins Luxembourg Commonwealth

Ireland Is Not Enough

On 3 February 1941, Luxembourg navy is ready for amphibious landing. War is declared on Ireland. Several hours later, Luxembourgian division lands in at Wexford.

On 6 February 1941, due to supply problem and Irish resistance the division is evacuated from Wexford. No tactical or strategic gain is made. The operation is reviewed.

410215ir1.jpg

On 7 February 1941, Luxembourgers land at Dingle and Buncrana. Irish immediately attack Dingle

On 10 February 1941, Luxembourgers capture Ballina but evacuate.

410215ir2.jpg

On 11 February 1941, Luxembourgers capture undefended Dublin. It took eight days to manoeuvre in order to achieve this. Luckily Ireland has no significant navy.

On 12 February 1941, Germany attacks the Soviet Union.

On 14 February 1941, Cork is captured.

On 15 February 1941, Ireland surrenders.

410215ir3.jpg

Following the declaration of war against Ireland, Luxembourg’s threat increased enough to declare war against Brasil.

While Luxembourg’s army is in Europe, it is decided to include the rest of independent Scandinavian countries into Luxembourg Commonwealth.

All of them are stronger than Ireland and have significant navies which could cause a lot of problems to Luxembourgian transports.

It is decided to capture Finland first and with its help later attack Sweden.

On 17 February 1941, the USA joins the Allies. That means that the attack on Brazil would mean war against the Allies. Luxembourgian navy heads to Finland.

410218ir4.jpg

Great to see progress on this continue. Ireland presented more resistance than one perhaps would like, but with its fall the vast territories of South America are yours for the taking. Luxembourg causes hilarious amounts of havoc!

well this continues to be engagingly bonkers ... I'm impressed that any of the HOI3 AI logic rules are still functioning after what you've done

I am surprised myself a bit too. However, there is one bug which annoys me - the capital does not have a supply depot and as you can see I always have 0 or near 0 of supplies and fuel. As amphibious landings are supplied directly from capital my guys have 0 supplies when they land and with this they can not move any further unless I manage to capture some supplies and fuel from enemies. So capturing a capital at the beginning of the campaign helps a lot.

It certainly shows you can get something out of nothing!

Luxembourg became kind of middle size minor with 21 IC but still just two divisions. The lack of practicals and technologies is killing the industry though.

Great to see progress on this continue. Ireland presented more resistance than one perhaps would like, but with its fall the vast territories of South America are yours for the taking. Luxembourg causes hilarious amounts of havoc!

Yes, Ireland was the last straw of Brasil's patience and it is ready now to face mighty Luxembourg army and navy :) I am planning to invade Brasil straight after conquering Scandinavia. I am not sure if it is a good idea [capturing Scandinavia] but I hope Sweden has good enough techs to trade licenses for my new units.

I'm still not sure how you are doing this. It basically looks like the AI is willing to send every division it has to chase you down as soon as you pop up in its territory. But I've seldom seen an AI defender abandon every single VP it has (including the capital!) to go on the attack like we see consistently happening here. Are you doing something else that is triggering such behavior that may not be apparent from what is being posted?

They usually don't send all divisions but ones near by. Besides they tend to send at least a couple of them as 1:1 is difficult to defeat invaders. AI does not care much about a capital too. It is easy to provoke AI to leave province by surrounding it or sending troops which AI thinks can defeat by attacking from the capital.

So idea is to land somewhere close to your target province and let a unit from that province to move from it and attack you. As you can see from my last operation I had a trouble of capturing Dublin as AI was sending other units which were closer to my landing sites. I made therefore more landings further away to provoke the unit in Dublin.

this is ww2 viking.....just purely awesome. I have read your Poland AAR last year which was breath taking but this, this is pure gold. A legacy that any one who plays or played Hearts of iron series should read.

This can't have died!

Just caught up with this, great read.
I'm pretty sure you'll continue as there were longer breaks than this already in this AAR's lifetime...

BTW what occupation policy are you using?

I've read the #258 posts in one go and I'm absolutely astonished. This is the most unbelievable AAR I've ever seen. Hail for Luxembourger's bucaneers!!
I'm a beginner and don't understand completely how HOI3-SF works but I'm learning a lot about supplies, movements and diplomacy (my unfinished business).
You have another fan!

Go! Go!

Status
Not open for further replies.