• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No George Marshall for the US? They should have Had George Marshall as an American Marshal. He more than any other American commander deserves it. He might not have been a field commander or as generally well known as others. But he was irreplaceable to the US.

No George Marshall for the US? They should have Had George Marshall as an American Marshal. He more than any other American commander deserves it. He might not have been a field commander or as generally well known as others. But he was irreplaceable to the US.

The emphasised part explains his absence. The odds of him not being a minister would be 0% imo.

The emphasised part explains his absence. The odds of him not being a minister would be 0% imo.
He was one of the potential commanders that was considered to command Overlord though. Roosevelt felt that he was needed in Washington more than in the field. So if I feel like going ahistorical maybe I would want him to command instead of Eisenhower. If Marshall had pushed to command Overlord there is a very great possibility that he would have gotten it. But like the true patriot that he was he stayed in Washington where he felt he was needed most. I agree he will definitely be a minister or maybe two. He was a secretary of state after the war after all.

Unfortunately in starting characteristics of commanders there isn't enough logic.
Many commanders and the major countries and minor had no fighting experience. And were often frank weak commanders. And they are given 3-4 stars.

Why at Zhukov at 36-39 5 stars? If there were 3 stars, and it will be level up over by 43rd year to 5 that ok.

And Model has only 1 star. Though he was one of the best German commanders in defense.

In the Rzhev battle of the USSR I have lost about 2 million people, Germany about 400 thousand people.
From the USSR there was Zhukov, from Germany Model.