• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Denkt

Left the forums permamently
1 Badges
May 28, 2010
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
Reactions:
The only German commander who start at skill 5 is Dönitz;)

But Germany will generally fight early so it will have skill 5 commanders then it get into war with USA and Soviet.

Yeah, there are some proper weird ones here, for example some truly awful British generals being 4 star (O'Connor being a worse version of Ritchie is mental), but I'm sure it'll be trivial for people to change to their own opinions. Thanks for posting, though!

Reactions:
I'm surprised that some of the German generals aren't 5 stars
Are you referring to their skill level, or whether they are FMs?

So few commanders ! Minors often have only 2 or 3, not much replayability there nor role-playing.

Without keeping divisional commanders they could have at least implemented 3 levels of command: corps (5), army (20-25) and Army group/Theater (unlimited).

And added some corps commanders to minors as well as majors. It's mainly minors who will lack lower rank commanders and the flexibility they allow with a diversity of traits. They will often be forced to put all their divisions under a lone commander for lack of minimal choice.

Reactions:
I've got to say that's a pretty disappointing list. In just a short time I've identified more than 40 German generals who attained army command, including 12 who commanded army groups, but aren't on that list. Two of the guys on it never even attained army command.

Reactions:
Italy gets 4 generals and 1 field marshal? In comparison, Japan gets 27 and 3. I know, Italy, ha ha ha. But really, they are considered a major. The weakest of the majors, but a major.

France, Yugoslavia, Egypt, Tunisia, Eritrea, Somalia, whoopse, I'm already out of generals....

Reactions:
Mascarenhas de Morais is 5 stars! :eek:

I guess PDS really is a fan of the FEB.

EDIT: However, his trait worries me that PDS will make all of Brazil a jungle again :( He fought the Axis in Italy, not in jungle ambushes.

Reactions:
Do you know any historical commanders from Ireland?

Here's the one I'd name as the most likely one!

Italy gets 4 generals and 1 field marshal? In comparison, Japan gets 27 and 3. I know, Italy, ha ha ha. But really, they are considered a major. The weakest of the majors, but a major.

France, Yugoslavia, Egypt, Tunisia, Eritrea, Somalia, whoopse, I'm already out of generals....

Pretty sure you can get more generals by paying influence for them. This is just what you start with (I think?)