• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In this MOD: Do the greater European powers (Germany, Italy Britain, Soviet etc) have any specific events that affects you?

Very good, I am going to want to read this AAR. I always was a fan of Byzantine. Good Luck

General Jac: We will see... :cool:

Razor: Yes, some have.

250px-Byzantine_eagle.jpg

Supply Crisis and an Amazing Offer

During the following months after the Emperor's funeral in Constantinople, a few things happened in the Empire.

As the new Emperor had been crowned, dissent had spread in the country because the supplies to the Army had began to shrink as the Industrial Project took up all of the resources of the Empire and it had led to pillaging and destruction by the Roman Army in Albania and Jugoslavia.
Metaxas, feeling the danger of these, cancelled the Factory Construction Site in Nikaia to prevent the Army from trying a full scale revolt, which succeeded.

After the Crisis, which would be called the Supply Crisis by the historians, the country settled down to normal, though dissent still existed within the Army.
On May 23rd, the Spartan Officer College reported to have studied all the principles of Trench Warfare, even if errors and faults, concluding that further
studies would be more in the Empire's interest.

ScreenSave5.jpg

Two days later, OASA reported to have finished developing Machine Tools for the industry.

ScreenSave6.jpg

Seeing their success, Metaxas ordered them to research even more, improved, machine tools to further improve the industry which also led Metaxas to hire the "Athens-Piraeus-Peloponnesos" Railroad Company, or SPAP, to work on designing more veichles to improve the farmlands of the Empire, freeing more citizens for military service.

During the June month, France went though an election that went in victory for the current government. Another election was held in Chechoslovakia were the right-winged extremist Jan Syrov won a major victory, turning the only central democratic European country into a dictatorship.
Also in China, the small warlord state of Guanxi began making offensive manouvers into Koumingtang territory.

On the 24th of June, the Albanian Tirana Industrial Combine reported to have finished the Rear Are Supply Dumps for the Roman Army.
Metaxas wanted them at first to continue along that path, but changed his mind after the Chief of the Air Force recommended that the Roman Empire was currently in lack of good aircraft since the peace treaty back in the 10's had removed the majority of the Imperial Air Force.
Metaxas agreed and the Coumoundouros Army Industries began to research on new aircrafts to remove the old Gloster Gladiator.

glostergladiatorSmall.jpg

The old Gloster Gladiator model

The days passed by and the sun shone on the beautiful beaches in Greece and Anatolia and on July 18th, France, still feeling weary of the Great Depression, sent an letter to Constantinople which France offered to sell back Syria and Lebanon for a great sum.
This was an offer Metaxas couldn't refuse and it was in the last minute as only a few hours later, Spain erupted into a full scale Civil War...

FrenchReturnofSyria.jpg

Syria is returned to the Empire just moments before the Civil War...

ScreenSave0.jpg

The Roman Empire after the return of Syria and Lebanon.

Last edited:
Mr Hearts said:
Razor said:
In this MOD: Do the greater European powers (Germany, Italy Britain, Soviet etc) have any specific events that affects you?
Razor: Yes, some have.
Does that mean that some of them might declare war on you in some situation?

Why do I get the feeling of the calm before the storm. Will you perhaps intervene in distant Hispania?

stnylan said:
Why do I get the feeling of the calm before the storm. Will you perhaps intervene in distant Hispania?

Distant? It was a Roman provence :D Take it back!!! :)

Did you get some extra ic from the new lands?

Yes take back all the old roman provinces! :D You`l better start now then :rofl:

A modern East Roman Empire, eh? If only I had HoI2 regular to download this mod. Take back the Roman Empire for me then. I think with a little more IC and military power it'd be possible.

Take down those "New Rome" posturers.

There can only be one.

Very intriguing. I have always been a fan of alternate history AAR's.

Razor: Yes.

stnylan: The status of the Imperial Roman Navy is currently unable to perform the task you wish, however I promise that it will change in time... ;)

Middelkerke: Only 1 IC in Beirut... :( But regaining territories is always good. :D

soonerborn0524: Thank you, I do my best! :)

Technique: We will see.

250px-Byzantine_eagle.jpg

The last six months of 1936 after Syria had been returned to the Roman Empire was quite calm months, expect for Spain of course.
Many of Metaxas ministers had argued about the fact that a Roman intervention in Spain was necessary to prevent the region from falling to fascist hands as the UK and France had decided to stay out of the conflict.
Metaxas quickly stopped the arguments, stating that the Aftokratorikos Stolos Rhomaion was not ready for naval operations and Spain was to farfetched, being on the other side of the Mediterranean Sea.

Following the half year, Constantinople Shipyards finished researching the ability to convert old Cruisers to carry planes, thus making construction of Aircraft Carriers available and is quickly instructed to research more improved Carriers.
Also OASA finish developing its Improved Machine Tools and is ordered to research Rear Area Vehicle Repair Shop for the Imperial Army.

On November 15th, the first phase of the Industrial Project is completed as Athens and Thessaloniki reports to have finished their constructions.
One day later, Kavala reports the same and on 21th, Edessa is also finished.
Finally on 28th, the last constructions are finished as Ankyra, Izmir, Bursa and Constantinople celebrates their new factories, producing more jobs for the Roman people.

ScreenSave8-1.jpg

ScreenSave9.jpg

ScreenSave10.jpg

The Industrial Project of 1936 is complete.

The Industrial Project was a huge success and many expected Metaxas to order another Industrial Project.
But Metaxas had other plans. Seeing that the state of the Army, Navy and Air Force was in bad shape, he used his experience as a military commander to state that the Roman Empire's interest laid in an expansion of the Armed Forces. This led to an outrage in the Senate as conservatists, liberals, democrats and even some extremists began to oppose Metaxas new policy.

economicpolicy.jpg

Metaxas, however, didn't budge and decided to rid out the storm which made him lose support in the Senate and with the people. But Metaxas was sure that war would come soon and an upgrade of the Armed Forces was best for the Empire.

As Spain is still engulfed in a Civil War, what will the new year hold for the Roman Empire and for the world? Let the winds that wave the two-headed eagle of Constantinople decide...

FrontofDecember.jpg

Spain. Front of December 1936.

My current IC lies on 83 base, 88 modified.'

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
You can always invade Spain later...... :D

Ohh, this is cool! Never seen this mod, might have to try it out later.

Keep up the great work Mr Hearts!