• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello everyone, I would like to ask how viable it would be for an amateur like me to try to translate the mod with Google Translate or DeepL, and where would I have to look for those files and if I would have to do it in a specific order and thus not become shitty, I like it this game a lot and I don't speak English, and I see that there are practically no mods in my language, Spanish, almost all in English and German, I would like to have an experience outside of the vanilla game.

Hello everyone, I would like to ask how viable it would be for an amateur like me to try to translate the mod with Google Translate or DeepL, and where would I have to look for those files and if I would have to do it in a specific order and thus not become shitty, I like it this game a lot and I don't speak English, and I see that there are practically no mods in my language, Spanish, almost all in English and German, I would like to have an experience outside of the vanilla game.
You can certainly do it, just not with Google Translate or similar devices. Best chance you got to see the mod translated is to assemble a team for that and then edit all the csvs but i can guarantee it would be a really terrifyingly long job(I would love it in spanish though).

• 1Like
Reactions:
Has anyone seen Brazil defeat La Plata? I have never seen them defeat La Plata so I think AI Brazil might need a little bit of help maybe.
Once as far as I can recall, though I think the Brazilian alliance was pretty maximized to include Venezuela and Bolivia while La Plata was fighting alone. That said, I've seen Brazil lose even with favourable alliances and I haven't seen it win without them. They've even lost at times when I was actively assisting Brazil as a Syndicalist power. Brazil has quite a few shortcomings against La Plata; they generally have an inferior IC base (though they can get pretty close to La Plata's)

They generally have revolt events which are hard to be put down on account of the size of the country and its poor infrastructure and can have far-reaching consequences in the ability of infrastructure to recover (and thus of armies to move) Finally, The provinces La Plata needs to force a victory are pretty close to the border. In other words, La Plata has an easier time deploying its army in the Brazilian core regions than Brazil does while redeploying forces in its own territory.

I think a Sydncalist Brazil should receive Internationale aid events as the CSA does during the war. Perhaps the nationalist path can have a "looking for friendly powers" event like California if only as a means of getting some aid even if not an alliance. CSA-style aid if the country is Syndcalist would be easier to implement. La Plata can get German aid, which while not that significant as far as I can recall, is still a feather in their cap in what is already a pretty rigged situation in their favour.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I just noticed random nations started declaring war on Austria and I wondered why, then I saw THIS :oops:
WTF.png

I don't know how this happened!

• 6Haha
Reactions:
I'm not sure if anyone from the team actually reads these forums but if so, I wanted to leave some feedback for the new UI graphics from the dev version. I get that you guys wanted to give the old mod a new coat of paint and always appreciate the effort, but there are certain portions that actively make my gameplay experience worse and could use a second glance/opinion.

-The research tab UI is now borderline unreadable for me. Dull gold stars to indicate what tech team specialties will be used for researching a tech, on a dull gold background, mean that I struggle to see the information you are trying to convey.
-The division stats are likewise too close together with dull dark reds on both sides, for org and strength make it hard to tell how much units have left. Maybe some brighter shades or other colors that clash a bit more would work better?
-The new map icons are mostly good, but the port icons are a bit weird for my taste. The one showing constructed port levels resemble a gallows, but I can see why it was done that way, to make it work when ships are docked there. The empty undeveloped (ie, port level 0) model though, is just confusing. At first I thought it was showing me some kind of new factory.

Things I really liked:
The new loading screen
The unit production menu (nice touch on using a historical form and how it'll tell you in words if you can't afford or can only barely afford something)
Most of the new map icons (as mentioned, aside from ports)
New resource counters for oil, etc

So really, the only game breaker for me is the research tab, the rest is just more personal preference but I can live with it if you guys are married to it.

• 6Like
Reactions:
The Annexation of Cuba decision for the Caribbean Federation is broken. If Cuba joins voluntarily (in their seeking protection event), the decision will never be removed (because the Spanish language event has already fired), and the AI will activate it every day, gaining +30 manpower daily.

The Annexation of Cuba decision for the Caribbean Federation is broken. If Cuba joins voluntarily (in their seeking protection event), the decision will never be removed (because the Spanish language event has already fired), and the AI will activate it every day, gaining +30 manpower daily.
The flag wasn't getting set for Carib.Fed; I'll fix it by having either event chain set "CUB_CONQ" for them.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Hello are you developers going to ever add mobilization cycle to the mod?(sorry if it sounds rude)
Not a developer, but AFAIK, no, it's not something I have heard of any plans to do. That being said it is an interesting idea, as manpower is extremely limited in KR (for certain nations) compared to vanilla HoI2 or what is achievable with mobilization in DH. 2nd Weltkrieg always boils down to attrition, with the Commune and sometimes Germany running out of manpower completely, usually ending with the Commune grinding their divisions down to nubs before collapsing.

• 5Like
Reactions:
In my Shangoing Tianguo (one of my favorite countries) -> Tian Empire game, I successfully united China except for Manchuria controlled by the Japanese (which needs some preparations to deal... ).
But when fighting Qing Empire, I took their only remind city Nanjing and immediately annexed them because if I wait for a while the Japanese will take them by an event. After that, Shangoing so far has not gotten to the cores of Nanjing and around the area (I made a custom event to fix it).

Also, the two different moving capital city events happened after declaring the new empire.

Also, the event chain of uniting China seems broken, I took the south's first move and annexed Yunnan, the Republic of China, and the Legation cities, but after that, any event about the next move didn't happen.

Last edited:
What files would I need to delete to change the icons on the map (forts, AA and the like) and the tech team specialty (Industrial Engineering, Naval Engineering, Mechanics, etc.) icons back to vanilla? I really don't like the new ones.

EDIT: I found what I needed. The map icons are in gfx/map (only remove files outside the folder) and several other things I wanted to remove, including some interface elements RE:tech I didn't like, are in GFX/interface. I got rid of the two folders containing modified buttons, the modified buttons sitting directly in GFX/interface, and some miscellaneous new interface icons I didn't like and I think the GUI looks a great deal cleaner now.

Last edited:
It sadly seems as though they moved on. A real pity. I'd be happy with just a bugfix release, really.