• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It might have been removed on the github at some point, but as far as I can tell looking at the Britain Domestic file from the latest release version from the top post mediafire link the events are all still active and not commented out. It fires by electing Mosley (duh), NOT making him Head of Government too, and then making him a dictator later in the postwar congress.
Oh really? Because I swear looking for them specifically without any success at all. :eek:
Would be amazing if that's the case.

Hi ! Is there a 1914 kaiserreich for DH ? I believe it exists foe HOI4 for havent seen it for dh
Not sure about a strictly 1914 Mod, but @SniperSOAP worked on this mod for a while:

• 1Like
Reactions:
Th
Not sure about a strictly 1914 Mod, but @SniperSOAP worked on this mod for a while:

Thanks I'll try this one asap ! :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
It might have been removed on the github at some point, but as far as I can tell looking at the Britain Domestic file from the latest release version from the top post mediafire link the events are all still active and not commented out. It fires by electing Mosley (duh), NOT making him Head of Government too, and then making him a dictator later in the postwar congress.
Oh, really? Thanks a bunch. Cleared up my confusion.

Hello everyone,

Please I need help with a crashing problem when editing the percentage AI chances of events for Kaiserreich Darkest Hour.

What I am actually doing is editing the flow of events for most countries to create a cool large WW2 scenario in 1939.

What happens to me is, when I edit about 10 different countries event files, like russia to go down nazi path, austria to fight hungary, japan ally with russia etc.... my game crashes for example in November 1937 with a freeze and crash always on the same random date for each game.

There is absolutely no crash error log in savedebug and I cannot find the exact problem.

The only thing I know is that the events for some reason are causing the freeze and crash at the very end of a random day, say 5th November 1937.

Its frustrating and I need help please,

If you can point me to other forums around the internet that would be great too,

This is the only game I want to play compared to hoi4 and others and I think this should be used as a template for creating Hearts Of Iron 5 in my opinion, please spread the word around haha

Thank you so much

Have you try to enable the expanded save bug log ?
My guess is it would come from a country release problem, the country is released by someone and it makes crash your game because of missing files.
Try to identify which country could be releasing new tags and check those countries files. Maybe a path you edited involve to release a country that is not usually released and is buggy...
Hope it might help, good luck!

I used the extended savedebug, there is nothing on it, there was always a log of the last error but this simply doesnt have anything it just freezes at the end of day and crashes.

I have tried everything I cannot identify anything,

How do you look for new tags?

Oh really? Because I swear looking for them specifically without any success at all. :eek:
Would be amazing if that's the case.

Oh, really? Thanks a bunch. Cleared up my confusion.
Having tried it myself, the Mosley dictatorship is in fact unable to fire (for the Postwar Congress version if you've beaten Germany, the PWH version is fine) in 1.9.3 hotfix because the event that starts the dictatorship->civil war chain triggers from itself. You can easily fix it by changing the trigger event from 214027 to 214026 (if Kenney is HoS it also can't fire for the same reason, change hers to 214026 too). It's already fixed on the git.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Have you try to enable the expanded save bug log ?
My guess is it would come from a country release problem, the country is released by someone and it makes crash your game because of missing files.
Try to identify which country could be releasing new tags and check those countries files. Maybe a path you edited involve to release a country that is not usually released and is buggy...
Hope it might help, good luck!
Now my gane crashes on May 1st 1940, this is the farthest I have made it go,

I think there might be problems with Union of Britain events or something but this is just a wild guess now,

I have edited a few countries now and again its not working,

Its gotten to a point where I can not edit any countries percentage ai chances it will crash at some point between 1937 and 1940

Otherwise if I overwrite all events files to originals it works ok

Please I need help who do I contact??

I think there might be problems with Union of Britain events or something but this is just a wild guess now,

Its gotten to a point where I can not edit any countries percentage ai chances it will crash at some point between 1937 and 1940

Post in the thread "Odds and sods - modding questions" on this forum.

One thing I do to bust bugs like that is make a copy of your files, then replace bit by bits your files by the original one (like you did but step by step).
Like if you replace half of your event with your original and it doesnt work then you know the problem should be in the other half, and progressively you locate the problem... it is time consuming but often bugfixing is like that. Maybe on the next update the new debug tool will help. In the meantime if you want me to have a look at your file I can do that (if you have big enough cloud or file transfer)

One thing I do to bust bugs like that is make a copy of your files, then replace bit by bits your files by the original one (like you did but step by step).
Like if you replace half of your event with your original and it doesnt work then you know the problem should be in the other half, and progressively you locate the problem... it is time consuming but often bugfixing is like that. Maybe on the next update the new debug tool will help. In the meantime if you want me to have a look at your file I can do that (if you have big enough cloud or file transfer)
Yes I completely understand you, that was my thinking as well,

But the context was that first time I modded 30 nations before it started crashing, now I only do a couple and it starts doing the same thing.

I saved and replaced the original copies like you said.

For starters I am wondering is the crash fammilliar to someone experienced in modding?

Its very specific, freeze and crash at the end of the day, with absolutely no crash log.

So I was doing a Brazil run, siding with the democratic forces (not the republican Vargas faction) and noticed that post-civil war, the event for choosing a military doctrine didn't fire up.

Joined the Entente in '37 and Second Weltkrieg started in ´38 with Canada declaring on the Union of Britain. It is now 19.3.1939 and the event hasn't fired.

Had a look at the Brazil events text file and saw that there were three different events for choosing a military doctrine (755046, 755070 and 755081), but even when fired those on the cheat console didn't open military doctrine research options (chose the defence option in all instances).

I remember doing a free-market democracy run with Brazil in a previous game years back and having the same issue. On the file, the events say that the deathdate for all is before 1939. Is this issue just a mistake on my part, or are the liberal bourgeoisie in Brazil doomed into WW1-level military thinking?

Thanks for reading another complaint on my part.

Last edited: