• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Strange that the ones to rebel are the scottish... their king just inherited Ireland and England from their point of view.

I was wondering also, you managed to do those matrilinear marriage that gave you England, Scotland et Wales with the latest patch ? I still wonder why the heir of wales agreed to it as he was sure to inherit the kingdom.

Anyway this is a real good AAR. Good writing and a bit of fun. I don't know if it's on purpose or if the growing number of different battles forbid you to describe some but I feel like there is really two different writers between Aed and his son. As the first one was really detailling his battle where he stood near his men and Auguir seems to write from a more global point of view.

Scotland would soon be brought under control of the King. Or so we thought.

A rather ominous ending to the update, which rather matches the tone for the update as a whole. It was to be expected that there would be widespread rebellion with a new King taking the throne though, hopefully Ailin will continue to look after his liege well.

Great AAR, my first game has been with Breifne also, though I have played much more conservatively as I am new to CK/CK2.

Has the new patch affected you at all?

I haven't updated to the new patch, so that is why the changes don't show in my game. I don't plan on updating until after the AAR is finished.

The heir of wales agreed, because he was in my court, he didn't have a choice. He didn't have any land in Wales, and he had a claim his king couldn't press - a claim on the kingdom. He came to Ireland hoping I would press it for him.

As to the reason England didn't rebel while Eogan was a kid, I can't really say. Maybe they were just building up for the future? They do start to rebel later after a few decisions by Eogan.
------------------

When we found out that the Duchess of Somerset was plotting to take the throne of England, we sent our guardsmen to arrest her. It was unfortunate then, that she managed to escape. Instead of surrendering to us, she raised her duchy in rebellion.

21duchessplots.jpg

22anotherrebellion.jpg

In Gowelle the Duke of Albany declared himself king of Scotland and called for the other Scottish nobles to support him. The first to answer him was the new Duke of the Isles.

23islesjoinalbany.jpg

It did not take long for more to answer his call, in July the Earl of Atholl joined him.

24scotlandasiege.jpg

At nearly the same time the Earl of Fife surrendered to the King's forces.

25fifedefeated.jpg

By September, the Duke of Lothian had finally given up. The armies marched north. The rebellion in Somerset would have to wait.

26lothiandefeated.jpg

Soon after the king's men had marched north the Duke of Galloway once again rebelled, joining the Duke of Albany in his claim for Scotland.

27scotlandasiege.jpg

The throne of England was at risk. Should the boy of died then, the English throne would of gone to the Duke of Hereford, while the Irish and Scottish ones would of went to the Duke of Orkney. By making the throne of England Elective Augaire had made keeping it that much harder.

28herefordisheirofscotl.jpg

In March, the Duchess of Moray would raise in support of Albany.

29morayjoinsalbany.jpg

It was July, when the Duke was captured as his castle fell.

30albanyisdefeated.jpg

With him under arrest, the rest the purpose of the rebellion was gone.

31therebellionisover.jpg

However, the Duchess of Moray was not satisfied with this, and rose up in rebellion despite having no right to do so.

32moraydecidestocontinu.jpg

Some months later the Duchess of Somerset surrendered to the Mercenary forces. She was promptly put in house arrest.

33somersetsurrenders.jpg

With the rebellion mostly under control, it was then that I first saw her. The Duchess of Munster and Norfolk, Eadwine. She had just turned sixteen and was in Leighlin to meet her betrothed, Eogan. On paper, the chancellor had been a genius, the marriage would bring Munster back under crown control, and the Irish and English duchies could be separated.

A sixteen year old girl raised on stories of romance, and believing her king had wronged her all her life would feel differently.

34eadwinecomesofageisis.jpg

Moray was soon crushed, and throne into the bustling dungeon.

35moraysurrenders.jpg

The three kingdoms were all still whole.

36irelandremainswhoel.jpg

Unfortunately the Duke of Lothian had other plans. He somehow escaped the dungeon, and once again rose in rebellion.

37lothianrebelsagain.jpg

At the same time, Duchess Eadwine was discovered plotting to lower the authority of the crown. It was Eogan who interceded for her and managed to get her promise to not continue. If the young King hadn't of saved her we would of thrown her in the dungeon with the rest of them.

38duchessplots.jpg

It was that day in February that Eogan was crowned. No longer a boy. Just like his grandfather, a golden aura seemed to glow from him when he sat in his regalia. That was the power of his authority, and if he had commanded us to sail to the end of the world, we would have.

39theboyisaman.jpg

This will be the last I write in this book. My guardianship is finished. King Eogan has married Eadwine, and though she still glares at him when she thinks no one is looking, it is with hope that despite their differences, they were meant for each other.

40marriagetomunsterandn.jpg

God save the King, King Eogan of Ireland, Scotland, and England!

I'm glad Eogan has survived into adulthood, even more glad that his realm has survived too! Keeping his vassals in check is going to be a considerable challenge in the years ahead, I look forward to seeing how he does.

Lots of troublemaking Scots as usual! They certainly don't want to be kept down. Eógan's done a good job so far with his limited time in charge, thanks in no small part to his regent!

Why do you cling to all your titles and holdings so tightly? The opinion penalties are quite steep: It's -105 for your duchy and holding penalties all combined. Like a recipe for constant rebellion. Doesn't that get tiring eventually?

Why do you cling to all your titles and holdings so tightly? The opinion penalties are quite steep: It's -105 for your duchy and holding penalties all combined. Like a recipe for constant rebellion. Doesn't that get tiring eventually?

Probably that he needs that land to have enough troops to put down the rebellions that crop up from owning too much land so he can have the troops to put down the rebellions that crop up from owning too much land so he can have the troops...to put down the rebellions that crop up from owning too much land so he can have the troops. This could go on for a while. Maybe give it all up and settle for a nice quiet out of the way County, like Orkney. No problems there! lol

Just downloaded CKII after reading this AAR. As an Irishman, I have to applaud your efforts to bringing these traitorous scum under your jackboots. :D

You need to punish those Welsh! They beat us in rugby the other week. They more than deserve you to force through some ambiguous claims!

Just downloaded CKII after reading this AAR. As an Irishman, I have to applaud your efforts to bringing these traitorous scum under your jackboots. :D

You need to punish those Welsh! They beat us in rugby the other week. They more than deserve you to force through some ambiguous claims!

I don't know if your Scottish or English, but trust me, there is no need to fell singled out.

Thanks for this AAR. My parents are from counties Cavan & Leitrim (which both seem to be incorporated within Breifne) so that, combined with your AAR, inspired me to complete my first ever Ironman game as Breifne. Was not as successful as you - http://imgur.com/a/pxo5T